1850 - Competitive Tau

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Pilchard
Shas

1850 - Competitive Tau

Post#1 » Mar 12 2017 07:25

Got a few games coming up soon and wanted to try this before entering any tournaments

Farsight CAD:

Commander - Iridium Armour - 2x Missile Pod - Puretide Chip - Stim Injector - Vector Thrusters - 175pts

Crisis Suit - Twinlinked Plasma Rifle - 43pts

Crisis Suit - Twinlinked Plasma Rifle - 43pts

3x Broadside - HYMP - 3x Target Lock - 4x Missile Drone - 261pts

Stormsurge - Pulse Driver Cannon - EWO - ATS - Sheild - Airburst - 438pts

Drone Net

4x4 Marker Drones - 224pts

Riptide Wing

Riptide - SMS - EWO - Stims - 220pts

Riptide - SMS - EWO - Stims - 220pts

Riptide - Ion - SMS - EWO - Stims - 225pts

Commander goes with broadside unit, drones help against grav and are bs3 with formation. Stims and hit and run are there as i had points left over and the unit could get tarpitted so thought it might help

Suits are objective grabbers with some ap2 fire, could drop these for more bare suits.

don't have access to FW models or another surge, waiting until 8th drops/new imperial armour

Another version i was thinking was cadre fireblade as hq, cut down broadside unit and add 2 skyrays when i have the models, maybe add skyfire to the tides as magnus/flying circus seems to be picking up popularity.

Any criticism welcome

Mekstar
Shas'Saal

Re: 1850 - Competitive Tau

Post#2 » Mar 13 2017 04:01

Maybe consider a drone controller for the commander? If he joins the broadside unit it would essentially give 6 BS5 missile pods.
Also I'd be tempted to try find points for a shield generator for him, if he's tanking wounds for the broadside team any AP2 would go straight to FnP.

Vash
Shas'Ui

Post#3 » Mar 13 2017 04:04

I think with a Farsight Enclave you need to use the Farsight Signature systems over the Tau Empire normal one. So no Iridium armour or Puretide engram.

For the Crisis suits. If your just going to use them as objective grabbers, I would go for a more secure weapon. Missile pod has better range and secures 2 shots per turn.
This keeps them safer over the plasma rifle.

Unicornsilovethem
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Mar 13 2017 04:37

Mekstar wrote:Maybe consider a drone controller for the commander? If he joins the broadside unit it would essentially give 6 BS5 missile pods.
Also I'd be tempted to try find points for a shield generator for him, if he's tanking wounds for the broadside team any AP2 would go straight to FnP.

Drone Controller doesn't work on Missile Drones. You can, however, use the other Buffmander items (C&CN, MSSS, PEN) to buff a full squad of Broadsides to great effect. The missile drones are already BS3 due to the Drone net, so you'll end up with a lot of twinlinked BS3 missiles that ignore cover.

Pilchard
Shas

Post#5 » Mar 13 2017 07:42

From the new update you can mix farsight and normal tau signature systems together. As said before drone controller doesnt work with missile drones.

I didnt put shield generator on the commander due to them been in cover from the start, maybe drop the plasmas, add more suits and add a shield.

Vash
Shas'Ui

Post#6 » Mar 13 2017 05:15

New update? Interesting. Can you direct me to the book/FAQ/Errata so I can see this my self :D
Not mistrusting you on this, just need it as proof for my opponents.

Pogman
Shas

Post#7 » Mar 13 2017 05:22

https://www.games-workshop.com/resource ... ves_EN.pdf

The one and only eratta to farsight enclaves lol.

Vash
Shas'Ui

Post#8 » Mar 14 2017 02:20

Thanks.

Pilchard
Shas

Post#9 » Mar 16 2017 02:39

Anymore ideas have a game in a few days, thanks.

thezanji
Shas'La

Post#10 » Mar 16 2017 03:42

I like your list a lot, perhaps double burst cannon on your crisis helps more? I think it is the same cost but more shots, usually burst cannons are underestimated but end up being a good threat.

Tau'va.

Return to “Cadre Building”