XV8 Crisis Loadouts for a starting player

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Bloodknife92
Shas'La

Re: XV8 Crisis Loadouts for a starting player

Post#11 » Mar 21 2017 10:06

I too hated the way my weapons spun on the spot when magnetising the weapons, so I sought a solution to this problem.

Each weapon has a rectangular slot style part that goes into the arm of the crisis suit to hold it in place, and usually people just cut this straight off and drill out a hole for a magnet, but that's where I took a step back and looked for a solution, an alternative, if you will.

Instead of fully cutting off this rectangular slotting part, I only half cut it off, then drilled a hile next to it for my smaller than usual magnets (2mmx1mm, as opposed to the usual 3mmx1mm). Add the magnet in, and what is left of the rectangular slot, which is now a square, will still slot into the arm/jet pack for stabilisation. Viola! No more spin!

Read my project log for more info. Page 3 is where you'll find it.
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=24238&start=20
The days of goodly English is went

Pogman
Shas'Saal

Post#12 » Mar 22 2017 07:08

What I've been having trouble with is positioning/deploying my plasma suits. I've got broadsides in the backfield for fire support, and a few monats with missile pods. I was thinking of converting some of those monats to plasma suits, but I don't know the best way to run them. As plasma monats? In units? Should they deepstrike in either case? I guess it partially depends on who you're facing, but I played a game against Iron hands the other day and got royally wrecked due to my lack of low AP stuff.

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#13 » Mar 23 2017 01:41

Pogman wrote:What I've been having trouble with is positioning/deploying my plasma suits. I've got broadsides in the backfield for fire support, and a few monats with missile pods. I was thinking of converting some of those monats to plasma suits, but I don't know the best way to run them. As plasma monats? In units? Should they deepstrike in either case? I guess it partially depends on who you're facing, but I played a game against Iron hands the other day and got royally wrecked due to my lack of low AP stuff.

In units. And either put them in your backfield to counter drop pod assaults (ideally with Counterfire Defense System) or deep strike them.
Keep in mind that even though their range is 24" you should aim to be within 12" for the rapid fire and to completely wipe that enemy unit. The 24" is more of a "well at least i'm not completely useless after scattering outside of my 12" bubble"

The only Crisis I see viable as Monats are double Fusion Blaster, double Flamer aaaand sometimes double Missile Pod ones.

Pogman
Shas'Saal

Post#14 » Mar 23 2017 11:31

Right on, i've reconfigured to have a unit of 4 suits all with dual plasmas and counterfire. Seems like it'd be good like you said to deal with things that DS or to DS them and use them as hunter killers.

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#15 » Mar 23 2017 02:10

Need to correct myself there. Counterfire Defense System sure is good on them but what I actually meant was Early Warning Override. It was late when I wrote that. :D

Both versions are good, it just depends on what you want. ;)

deathboon
Shas'Saal

Post#16 » Apr 20 2017 06:48

So I'm considering using a single monat with dual flamers and homing beacon in my retaliation cadre. Since the beacon doesn't need to be on the table at the start of the turn, if I place that model first, as long as I make sure there is enough space around him to preclude a mishap, I should with the 6" bubble from the beacon be able to land the rest of the cadre exactly where I want them. As an alternative to an outflanking stealth team.
Thoughts?

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#17 » Apr 20 2017 10:17

deathboon wrote:So I'm considering using a single monat with dual flamers and homing beacon in my retaliation cadre. Since the beacon doesn't need to be on the table at the start of the turn, if I place that model first, as long as I make sure there is enough space around him to preclude a mishap, I should with the 6" bubble from the beacon be able to land the rest of the cadre exactly where I want them. As an alternative to an outflanking stealth team.
Thoughts?

That would theoretically work if Crisis could take Homing Beacons (I assume you mean a single Crisis with 'Monat', right?). They can only take Positional Relays (Outflanking units can choose the edge the Crisis is within 6" of instead of rolling for it).

Return to “Cadre Building”