1000pt list, Doped-up Tau.

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
MKJump
Shas'Saal

1000pt list, Doped-up Tau.

Post#1 » Apr 21 2017 06:54

The idea of this list came from having around 100 spare pts from using the figures I already have to make a 1000pt army. From that, I could have decided to add more drones (but that seemed unnecessary) or an ethereal (but giving up 1VP can be costly), so I went for a different approach.
The idea was to stick Stimulant Injectors on everything that could take it and, rather than having a Mark'O, use a buff-mander with the crisis suits to tank all the hits. The strike teams are there to take objectives and provide covering fire, as well as rapid-fire weapons acting as a hindrance to enemy units coming in close.

You'll notice the list looks like it is on its way to being a Hunter Contingent and that's because that's the end goal of my gradually growing force.

So here it is:

Combined Arms Detachment

HQ - Commander (3) - 211pts
1 Commander: Crisis battlesuit, Cyclic ion blaster, Twin-linked plasma rifle, Stimulant injector, Target lock, Neuroweb System Jammer, Onager Gauntlet, Puretide Engram Neurochip, XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit
2 MV4 Shield Drone: Sheild generator

ELITES - XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (3) - 201pts
3 Crisis Shas'ui: 2 Fusion blasters, Stimulant injector

TROOPS - Strike Team (5) - 45pts
5 Fire Warrior: Pulse rifle

ELITE - XV104 Riptide (1) - 225pts
1 XV104 Riptide: Ion accelerator, Twin-linked smart missile system, Early warning override, Stimulant injector

Drone-Net VX1-0

Drones (4) - 56pts
4 MV1 Gun Drone: Twin-linked pulse carbine

Drones (4) - 56pts
4 MV7 Marker Drone: Markerlight

Drones (4) - 56pts

Drones (4) - 56pts

[TOTAL - 996pts]

*Edit: Removed 'Sheild generator' and 'Vectored retro-thrusters' and replaced with 2 MV4 Shield Drones and 'Neuroweb System Jammer'
Last edited by MKJump on Apr 21 2017 10:39, edited 2 times in total.

Drakshaa
Shas'Saal

Re: 1000pt list, Doped-up Tau.

Post#2 » Apr 21 2017 09:11

I'm pretty sure your commander has way more wargear than its allowed to have on it.

MKJump
Shas'Saal

Re: 1000pt list, Doped-up Tau.

Post#3 » Apr 21 2017 10:26

Crap, you're right, completely forgot it said 4 and/or... I misread it as up to 4 of each

Return to “Cadre Building”