1000 pts vs Daemons (nurgle + Khorne) advice welcome

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Teo
Shas

1000 pts vs Daemons (nurgle + Khorne) advice welcome

Post#1 » May 13 2017 06:28

Hello fellow Tau players!

so i thought i would share my list for a game i will be having on Monday against some daemons at 1000pts. I feel my model count is a bit too low for this matchup. It's only a casual game, i'm not a WAAC player, but any tweaks and tips are welcome

++ Farsight Enclaves ++

+ HQ +

XV8 Commander (175pts)

Command and Control Node
Iridium Armour
Multi Spectrum Sensor Suite
Puretide Engram chip
Stim Injector

+ Troops + (63pts)

7x Fire warriors with pulse rifle

3x Crisis Shas'ui (144pts)
- 2x Burst Cannon, Early warning Override, Bonding Knife Ritual

3x Crisis Shas'ui (159pts)
- 2x Plasma Rifle, Bonding Knife Ritual

+ Fast Attack +
5x pathfinders (60pts)
- Bonding Knife Ritual
- 5x Markerlights

5x Pathfinders (60pts)
- Bonding Knife Ritual
- 5x Markerlights

+ Elites +

1x Riptide XV104 (193 pts)
- Ion Accelerator, Twin Linked Missile Pods, Advanced targeting System, Early Warning Override,

+ Heavy Support +

2x Broadside XV88 (142pts)
- Twin linked missile Pods, High Yield Missile System, Early Warning Override
- Twin linked missile Pods, High Yield Missile System, Early Warning Override

Total: 997 points

The general plan is to intercept his squad of deepstriking nurgle plague bearers with the crisis suits containing the commander and burst cannons as they can shoot twice providing the commander hasn't moved as per his wargear. The Riptide also has EWO just in case it doesn't clean up the squad on the way down.

The riptide has precision shots as he runs a Herald on Juggernaught in a squad of khorne dogs, so i was planning to snipe him out of the squad using the riptide. As he is the one that deals the damage, the dogs are ablative wounds

The fire warriors are basically there to block any charge the dogs/herald might make

I was considering taking a flamer instead of a second burst cannon on the first squad of crisis.

he will have a Nurgle Soul Grinder which sits in cover for a 2+ save, so the broadsides and pathfinders are there to clear that out using ignores cover markerlights and increased ballistic skill.

Any advice is welcome :)

Cheers everyone!

Vio'ra Mal'caor
Shas'La

Re: 1000 pts vs Daemons (nurgle + Khorne) advice welcome

Post#2 » May 27 2017 09:08

you should definitely put a flamer on that crisis suit. As one of my most active discussions has proved, Burst cannons (while itching to make a comeback in 8th edition) are seriously underpowered as of now. As well as this, flamers use a template, and unlike most other template weapons: They don't have the scatter die present to mess up that perfect kill. Anyway, you should also adjust your strategy with the fire warriors: If you are using breachers, then the stategy you have to stop the advance is good. However, strike teams suffer a lot in CC, and can lose you the battle, regardless of other mechanized units. You should also consider swapping the hammerheads for some Piranhas, as they have become very effective as of late, and the new edition promises to put Fast Attack at the core of any successful army.
A Tiger??? In Africa???

Return to “Cadre Building”