200p battle against Tyranids

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Vio'ra Mal'caor
Shas'La
Shas'La

200p battle against Tyranids

Post#1 » May 16 2017 11:15

Hi warriors of the Greater Good. Last time I posted to this board, I was preparing a army that I had not thought through. I ended up creating a discussion about what sort of killteam the match was. That doesn't matter. SO I have a army list I would like to run through the other, more experienced Tau players out there.

My Goal is to create a 200p army with no HQ or Heavy Attack troops which can face up to a 200p Tyranid army with the same restictions. I know the Tyranids I am playing have 3 Tyranid Warriors, and at least 12 Horgagaunts. I currently have the following list of troops, but need the community to help me choose options. My playstyle is using the tactic Kayoun to lure the enemy into a trap, and I try to avoid using things like EMP grenades, as they do not work on living organisms like the Tyranids. These are the troops I have:

Troops:

5x Pulse-Blaster equipped Breacher Team

5x Pulse-rifle equipped Strike Team

2x Gun drone

1x DS8 Tactical Support Turret

Fast Attack:
5x Pulse-Carbine Equipped Pathfinders

2x Ion-rifle equipped Pathfinders

1x Recon Drone

1x Markerlight Drone

Elite
1x XV8 Crisis Suit

The XV8 is equipped with a Plasma Rifle, a Shield Generator, and a Missile Pod. Unfortunately, the wargear options are not magnetized. I'm not sure what the pathfinders have, as the kit does not exactly come with a guide for what the bits of wargear actually are. For ages I've thought the Markelight drone had a gun, and the boxy camera was the markerlight. Turns out the markerlight Is the gun, and I had it wrong the entire time.

Please, I need advice. All helpful advice is accepted.
Star Trek has returned. Imagine enterprise times Movie 5. Then times by cancer. That's how bad this series is.

Pyropower
Shas'Saal

Re: 200p battle against Tyranids

Post#2 » May 19 2017 09:15

I don't know if you got my PM offering some advice on this one?
If not I will happily repost it here

Vio'ra Mal'caor
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#3 » May 19 2017 06:16

I did thanks!!!
Star Trek has returned. Imagine enterprise times Movie 5. Then times by cancer. That's how bad this series is.

Pyropower
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » May 20 2017 12:47

Winner, happy to help where I can :)

loganslament
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » May 20 2017 11:31

Can I ask do you have the codex?
Foolish Gue'la

Pyropower
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » May 20 2017 12:05

I do indeed, not sure if I have all the supplements in one place but I definitely have the main codex

Return to “Cadre Building”