2000 pts. Farsight Enclave vs. Chaos/Traitor Legions 7th ed.

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Chris
Shas'La
Shas'La

2000 pts. Farsight Enclave vs. Chaos/Traitor Legions 7th ed.

Post#1 » Jun 08 2017 01:53

Hello fellow Commanders,

I'm going for a game against an Chaos/ Traitors Legion force. It's a 2000 pts. game with a LOW on both sides. He brings an Chaos Knight to the action. I think there will be a Land Raider, too and probably a Drake or two. What else I have to expect I do not know.

The problem I have is, that I haven't played since nearly a half year and I'm a bit rusty. I'm searching a strong list to make a good opponent to my enemy. I'm a bit nervous regarding the Knight and maybe the Land Raider. The last one has been my Nemesis since Broadsides lost their S10 weaponary.

I love Suits to be honest. Crisis suits are such a great unit and fun to play and the play style of the Dawn Blade Contingent in combination with the Retaliation Cadre is unique and fun from a fluffwise perspective.

So I would like to go with a Dawn Blade Contingent and of course a Ret. Cadre. To bring in the Stormsurge I went for a CAD.

I do not expect a strong Alphastrike from Chaos. Therefore I hope that my army will not suffer to hard in the first round of shooting. Chaos should get close fast I think, so there won't be much shooting I hope.

Markerdrones, a few Crisis and of course the Stormsurge are on table from beginning. Maybe I can light up the Knight on turn one and push some Destroyer Missiles into him. On turn two there comes the pain. My Commander drops in with the Fusion Crisis to destroy whatever hard target still lives. Maybe a Tank, maybe a Knight. The Plasmaguns are of course for hunting some TEQ, like Kyborgs (Obliterators?), HQ or whatever. The single double Fusion is there to get an easy kill on a tank or something, maybe just for Missionpoints.

Bursttide stands for his own I think, and the Broadsides are clear, too.

I think overall the list is really straight forward. With the drone Net, Stormsurge and a Ret cadre it should be strong, too I think.

On the other hand, a second Riptide would be great of course, and a OSC is great too. Some Tetras would maybe good, because of the Homing Beacon shenanigans.

Fire Warriors are definitely not out, maybe breachers? Possibly are Remoras, more Broadsides and a Barracuda and lots of Tanks, both Hammerheads and Sky Rays. Kroots are available, too. I have a cool Taustyle Culqexus Assasine. So this would be an option, too.

Last word: The commander from the Ret Cadre has an ECPA. This is fore Riptide of course.

New Roster (Warhammer 40,000 7th Edition) [1991pts]

Combined Arms Detachment (Tau Empire: Codex (2015))
Uncategorised
Farsight Enclaves

HQ
XV8 Commander Crisis Suit
Drone Controller, 2x Missile Pod, Target Lock

Troops
Bonding Knife Ritual, 2x MV1 Gun Drone
Crisis Shas'ui
2x Missile Pod

Crisis Shas'ui
2x Missile Pod

Crisis Shas'ui
2x Missile Pod

Crisis Shas'ui
2x Missile Pod

Lord of War
KV128 Stormsurge
Early Warning Override, Pulse Blastcannon, Shield Generator, Twin-linked Airbursting Fragmentation Projector

Tau Dawn Blade Contingent (Tau Empire: Codex (2015))
Uncategorised
Farsight Enclaves

Core
Retaliation Cadre
Commander
XV8 Commander Crisis Suit
Earth Caste Pilot Array, 2x Fusion Blaster, Puretide Engram Neurochip, Shield Generator, Stimulant Injector, XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit

XV104 Riptide Battlesuits
Bonding Knife Ritual
Riptide Shas'vre
Heavy Burst Cannon, Stimulant Injector, Twin-linked Smart Missile System

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits
Crisis Shas'ui
2x Fusion Blaster, Vectored Retro-Thrusters
Crisis Shas'ui
2x Fusion Blaster

XV8 Crisis Battle-suits
Bonding Knife Ritual, 3x MV1 Gun Drone
Crisis Shas'ui
2x Plasma Rifle
Crisis Shas'vre
Neuroweb System Jammer, 2x Plasma Rifle

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits
Bonding Knife Ritual
Crisis Shas'ui
2x Fusion Blaster

XV88 Broadside Battlesuits
Bonding Knife Ritual, 2x MV8 Missile Drone
Broadside
Counterfire Defence System, Twin-linked High-Yield Missile Pod, Twin-linked Smart Missile System
Broadside Shas'vre
Counterfire Defence System, Twin-linked High-Yield Missile Pod, Twin-linked Smart Missile System

Auxiliary
Drone-Net VX1-0
Drones
4x MV7 Marker Drone
Drones
4x MV7 Marker Drone
Drones
4x MV7 Marker Drone
Drones
4x MV7 Marker Drone

Return to “Cadre Building”