Farsight Style List first attempt for 8th edition 200pts

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
ArcturusTT
Shas

Farsight Style List first attempt for 8th edition 200pts

Post#1 » Jun 23 2017 11:18

I want to try and make at least a semi competitive list using a a mostly suit army. Right now I am trying to use my current collection of suits and keep the army balanced against a variety of threats.

For strategy, the stormsurge, missile commander, riptide and pathfinders will spread out in the back field to hold objectives and prevent some backfield drops, they will also provide some anti light tank and anti armor at a range, thanks to the missile commander and the IA from the riptide. I think the the EWO on the stormsurge will help prevent the opponent from deep striking too close to my main firebase. The ghostkeel will be midfield harassing medium armoured troops, while the fusion commander and battle suits will deep strike in with the fusion commander taking out heavily armoured opponents and the suits melting away infantry or any other priority target. The marker lights from the pathfinders should help improve accuracy on the crisis suits, or at least help the missiles on the stormsurge for heavy targets. The flamers on the crisis suits along with the huge amount of drones should help ward off any charges with overwatch. Finally the vespids will likely deep strike in with the crisis suits and target MEQ or other objectives. I think they could do well in a Relic mission due to their high movement.

Any comments or criticism is welcome.

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) ++

+ HQ

Commander 176pts: 4x Fusion blaster , 2x MV4 Shield Drone
+ Elites

XV104 Riptide Battlesuit 375pts Ion accelerator Stimulant injector , Target lock
. 2 fusion blasters

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [26 PL, 408pts]: 8x MV1 Gun Drone
. 3 Crisis Shas'ui : 2x Cyclic ion blaster and a Flamer
. 1 Crisis Shas'vre 2x Cyclic ion blaster, Drone controller

XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit 181pts: Advanced targeting system , Cyclic ion raker , 2x MV5 Stealth Drone , Target lock
. 2 burst cannons

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) ++

+ HQ

Commander 188pts: 4x Missile pod 2x MV4 Shield Drone

+ Fast Attack

Pathfinder Team 40pts
. 5x Pathfinder

Pathfinder Team, 40pts
. 5x Pathfinder

Vespid Stingwings 150pts: 9x Vespid Stingwing [135pts], Vespid Strain Leader [15pts]

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (T'au Empire)

+ Lord of War

KV128 Stormsurge 440pts: Advanced targeting system, Cluster rocket system, 4x Destroyer missile, Early warning override, Pulse blastcannon, Shield generator, 2x Smart missile system, 2 burst cannons
++ Total: [104 PL, 1998pts] ++

Return to “Cadre Building”