2k in drones. Gonna need some more drones...

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Vay
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: 2k in drones. Gonna need some more drones...

Post#19 » Jul 11 2017 10:15

Gun drones are so Good...

Watch their leadership checks though...

So Good
Shas'O Kais Vay Shone’nan

Sunaj
Shas

Post#20 » Jul 23 2017 10:30

Building this list after a friend let me proxy the drones with FW.
3 Outrider Detachments with the following:
= 1 CadreFB
= 1x4 suit Stealth team w/ 2 DC's
= 5x12 GD
and 1 detachment having a sixth team of 6
All for the affordable price of 1999

How to deploy this mass of 186 "drones", supported by 15 models gets fun. CF's are placed in the middle of 4 drone teams to provide the bubble wrap, all advancing 6" per turn along the deployment line with the stealth teams moving with them to giving their +1 to hit to the horde of metal. Following behind the disk wall at up to 15" are the 4 1/2 teams of "deep strike" denial. Shooting phase has never been easier, Fire Blades mark the closest targets, drones remove the units from the table.

Never assault with this force. It breaks up the line. I have forced opponents to concede to the Frisbee Horde.

Imperial Knight armies really don't like my list.

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#21 » Jul 24 2017 09:17

Sunaj wrote:Building this list after a friend let me proxy the drones with FW.
3 Outrider Detachments with the following:
= 1 CadreFB
= 1x4 suit Stealth team w/ 2 DC's
= 5x12 GD
and 1 detachment having a sixth team of 6
All for the affordable price of 1999

How to deploy this mass of 186 "drones", supported by 15 models gets fun. CF's are placed in the middle of 4 drone teams to provide the bubble wrap, all advancing 6" per turn along the deployment line with the stealth teams moving with them to giving their +1 to hit to the horde of metal. Following behind the disk wall at up to 15" are the 4 1/2 teams of "deep strike" denial. Shooting phase has never been easier, Fire Blades mark the closest targets, drones remove the units from the table.

Never assault with this force. It breaks up the line. I have forced opponents to concede to the Frisbee Horde.

Imperial Knight armies really don't like my list.

Is it really as gross and unbeatable as I originally envisioned it to be?

Sunaj
Shas

Post#22 » Jul 25 2017 07:42

It isn't unbeatable, just unbeaten. Currently 4-0, with wins against ikkies (Imperial Knights), Salamanders, Ultramarines and an "Armies of the Imperium" list with White Scars, IG and a Knight.
Next weekend I have 3 or 6 challengers, who all have seen my list. And have permission to tool specifically against it. However, I don't think Imperial armies have a chance outside an AdMech only list.

First game was hilarious when I picked up 2 full units of drones of the table, plus some casualties from others (total disks lost was around 40) and one of the bystanders asked if I was worried about losing so many models. My response was, "Eh, they're just drones." 3 turns and 3 Knights later, he was conceding.

EDIT: Thank you for your imagination and inspiration with this concept.
Now, to buy the 100-something drones to make it tournament WYSIWYG

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#23 » Jul 25 2017 07:50

Sunaj wrote:It isn't unbeatable, just unbeaten. Currently 4-0, with wins against ikkies (Imperial Knights), Salamanders, Ultramarines and an "Armies of the Imperium" list with White Scars, IG and a Knight.
Next weekend I have 3 or 6 challengers, who all have seen my list. And have permission to tool specifically against it. However, I don't think Imperial armies have a chance outside an AdMech only list.

Dunno, I think a pure Astra Militarum list could do fairly well. It's considered one of the strongest factions currently.

Knives
Shas'Saal

Post#24 » Jul 25 2017 08:20

Bust out the resin and two part molds.

Man I think this would be awesome with a wall of broad sides or cmdr spam.

Sunaj
Shas

Post#25 » Jul 25 2017 08:34

Knives wrote:Bust out the resin and two part molds.

Man I think this would be awesome with a wall of broad sides or cmdr spam.

CFB is less than 50p, commanders and broadsides clock in at well over 100p each. Drone spam is less effective when you have less spam. I one-turned a land raider that became the closest target. Bobby G (Roberto Gulliman) died that same turn (mostly due to said land raider exploding, mortal wounds :dead: FTW, and also becoming the closest model to 34 drones)

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#26 » Jul 25 2017 10:07

Sunaj wrote:It isn't unbeatable, just unbeaten. Currently 4-0, with wins against ikkies (Imperial Knights), Salamanders, Ultramarines and an "Armies of the Imperium" list with White Scars, IG and a Knight.

First game was hilarious when I picked up 2 full units of drones of the table, plus some casualties from others (total disks lost was around 40) and one of the bystanders asked if I was worried about losing so many models. My response was, "Eh, they're just drones." 3 turns and 3 Knights later, he was conceding.

I would do it if they didn't come in blisters of 2 for $12. :(

Knives
Shas'Saal

Post#27 » Jul 25 2017 11:30

Yojimbob wrote:

I would do it if they didn't come in blisters of 2 for $12. :(

Cost them like 5 cents in plastic for 30 drones
. Gw is stupidly frustrating sometimes.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#28 » Jul 25 2017 09:20

Knives wrote:Cost them like 5 cents in plastic for 30 drones

As you buy kits, they'll pile up slowly. Otherwise, buy them on eBay.

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#29 » Jul 26 2017 08:01

Arka0415 wrote:
Knives wrote:Cost them like 5 cents in plastic for 30 drones

As you buy kits, they'll pile up slowly. Otherwise, buy them on eBay.

Nobody is selling drones right now. I have probably 10k in Tau but not NEAR enough drones for this shenanigans. :P

TheAnarchitect
Shas'Saal

Post#30 » Jul 26 2017 08:19

This is why I took the time to make a 3d-printable drone model.

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#31 » Jul 26 2017 08:22

TheAnarchitect wrote:This is why I took the time to make a 3d-printable drone model.

If you have an STL, PM me.

Knives
Shas'Saal

Post#32 » Jul 26 2017 08:48

TheAnarchitect wrote:This is why I took the time to make a 3d-printable drone model.

What program do you use. Currently using Z brush.

TheAnarchitect
Shas'Saal

Post#33 » Jul 26 2017 11:10

I did it in sketchup. I use Cura to print. What's the policy here? I'm willing to share but I don't want to violate site rules.

Adas
Shas'Saal

Post#34 » Jul 27 2017 12:43

One STL for me please :)

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#35 » Jul 27 2017 12:48

If I were you, I'd wait until the Codex with actually building of all those Drones. Something tells me that they will still be good but not as brokenly good as they are now anymore. ^^

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#36 » Jul 27 2017 07:52

Panzer wrote:If I were you, I'd wait until the Codex with actually building of all those Drones. Something tells me that they will still be good but not as brokenly good as they are now anymore. ^^

Agreed, I am DEFINITELY waiting to see the other shoe drop before I go ham.

Return to “Cadre Building”