2k in drones. Gonna need some more drones...

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Draco023
Shas'Saal

Re: 2k in drones. Gonna need some more drones...

Post#37 » Jul 27 2017 08:35

TheAnarchitect wrote:I did it in sketchup. I use Cura to print. What's the policy here? I'm willing to share but I don't want to violate site rules.

Did you use an fdm to print them? I did a six pack with the form 2 and they turned out pretty good! Need to beef up the antenna for round 2. I also used sketch up then mesh mixer to clean it up for printing.

Raikoh067
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#38 » Jul 27 2017 08:12

If at least one of you could make a thread on your 3d printed drones that be awesome, I'm very curious to see what they look like.

Raikoh067
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#39 » Jul 27 2017 08:16

Yojimbob wrote:Sooo, I got bored at work and I made this for a laugh.

4 Outrider detachments with

18x 12 man drone squads
3 Fireblades
1 Ethereal
5 Pathfinders, 3 with rail rifles

Keep in mind most tournaments I've seen are following GWs reccomendation to cap armies at 3 detachments. ITC, which is very common, also uses this rule.

Draco023
Shas'Saal

Post#40 » Jul 27 2017 08:39

Raikoh067 wrote:If at least one of you could make a thread on your 3d printed drones that be awesome, I'm very curious to see what they look like.

Once I get a chance to print them with the modifications I will. Only problem with using the work printers, sometimes there's actual work being done with them!

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#41 » Jul 28 2017 07:23

Raikoh067 wrote:
Yojimbob wrote:Sooo, I got bored at work and I made this for a laugh.

4 Outrider detachments with

18x 12 man drone squads
3 Fireblades
1 Ethereal
5 Pathfinders, 3 with rail rifles

Keep in mind most tournaments I've seen are following GWs reccomendation to cap armies at 3 detachments. ITC, which is very common, also uses this rule.

I have since modified the list with slightly fewer drones (still 188 drones!) but more overall utility and it fits into 3 outrider detachments.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#42 » Jul 28 2017 07:27

Yojimbob wrote:18x 12 man drone squads

Whenever I see this I want to write, "I think there's a typo in your list, shouldn't that be 8x12?", but then I remember that this list is off-the-walls insane and it's beautiful.

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#43 » Jul 28 2017 07:50

Arka0415 wrote:
Yojimbob wrote:18x 12 man drone squads

Whenever I see this I want to write, "I think there's a typo in your list, shouldn't that be 8x12?", but then I remember that this list is off-the-walls insane and it's beautiful.

I feel like Hagrid appreciating the beauty of Norbert when he first sees her. Not many can see the beauty, but I sure do. :D

Return to “Cadre Building”