Steg's Lists thread: on to 2k?

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Re: Steg's Lists thread: on to 2k?

Post#37 » Nov 27 2017 11:39

Great, I will certainly look into that, and with the new possibilities with the extra ML stratagem the Fusionkeel will be even beter :) And therefor I'll probably loose the TL and go for ATS instead.
Not sure if I would use the Seekers though. And 1 point over is something I need to correct.
And as I still have to model up the pathfinders I could make a 2nd shas'ui in that squad to make sure to be able to field 3 units wysiwig. And with a future 3rd box I can complement them to full size (OCD thingy of mine)

As for the coming tournament there is nothing kown yet, but will most likely be with the CA rules in effect.

Thanks again!

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#38 » Nov 27 2017 08:34

StealthKnightSteg wrote:And therefor I'll probably loose the TL and go for ATS instead.

I still wouldn't do this- ATS on Fusion weapons does almost nothing, and the Target Lock is a good upgrade that keeps you mobile and independent- two things the Ghostkeel wants.

StealthKnightSteg wrote:Not sure if I would use the Seekers though. And 1 point over is something I need to correct.

Just drop a Seeker if need be. If you don't want to add Seekers, and have 19 points to spend, consider giving your Homing Beacon-carrying Stealthsuits a pair of Shield Drones.

StealthKnightSteg wrote:And with a future 3rd box I can complement them to full size (OCD thingy of mine)

Except this is never a good idea- if you own three boxes, that should be 5 squads of 6 or 4 squads of 7.

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#39 » Nov 28 2017 03:25

Arka0415 wrote:
StealthKnightSteg wrote:And therefor I'll probably loose the TL and go for ATS instead.

I still wouldn't do this- ATS on Fusion weapons does almost nothing, and the Target Lock is a good upgrade that keeps you mobile and independent- two things the Ghostkeel wants.

StealthKnightSteg wrote:Not sure if I would use the Seekers though. And 1 point over is something I need to correct.

Just drop a Seeker if need be. If you don't want to add Seekers, and have 19 points to spend, consider giving your Homing Beacon-carrying Stealthsuits a pair of Shield Drones.

StealthKnightSteg wrote:And with a future 3rd box I can complement them to full size (OCD thingy of mine)

Except this is never a good idea- if you own three boxes, that should be 5 squads of 6 or 4 squads of 7.

hmm on the fusionkeel this is true, but for the broadside it will be a good swap.

I'll toy around with that a bit.

It will be a good idea for me though as I will never see my self field more then 3 units of pathfinders anyway.. maybe Apoc games I would field more models but then I would go for full units just as it looks better :biggrin:

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#40 » Nov 28 2017 11:15

StealthKnightSteg wrote:hmm on the fusionkeel this is true, but for the broadside it will be a good swap.

I agree. You'll likely have 5 Markerlight hits on turn 1, and at least 3 is basically a certainty. Definitely give the Broadside a Velocity Tracker in its place- if you're lucky, you might just get BS2+ when shooting at Land Speeders and Devilfish and whatnot! :D

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#41 » Dec 01 2017 10:13

so the 1k tournament will be:
1000 pts battleforged, 1 detachment
with missions from CA, nothing else mentioned yet.

time to start building with my collection in mind.. so no cadre fireblade yet nor the extra drones
Last edited by StealthKnightSteg on Dec 01 2017 12:37, edited 1 time in total.

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#42 » Dec 01 2017 10:40

Something I scribbled up fast

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [51 PL, 996pts] ++

+ HQ +

Commander [7 PL, 176pts]: 4x Fusion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone

Commander in XV86 Coldstar Battlesuit [7 PL, 150pts]: Advanced targeting system, High-output burst cannon, Missile pod, Shield generator

+ Elites +

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits [6 PL, 131pts]:
Homing beacon
. 2x Stealth Shas'ui w/ Advanced targeting system: 2x Advanced targeting system, 2x Burst cannon
. Stealth Shas'vre: Burst cannon, Drone controller

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits [6 PL, 114pts]
. 2x Stealth Shas'ui w/ Advanced targeting system: 2x Advanced targeting system, 2x Burst cannon
. Stealth Shas'vre: Advanced targeting system, Burst cannon

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [14 PL, 255pts]:
6x MV1 Gun Drone
. Crisis Shas'ui: 3x Flamer
. Crisis Shas'ui: 3x Flamer
. Crisis Shas'vre: 3x Flamer

+ Fast Attack +

Pathfinder Team [5 PL, 84pts]: MB3 Recon Drone, MV31 Pulse Accelerator Drone, 2x MV4 Shield Drone
. 2x Pathfinder: 2x Markerlight
. Pathfinder Shas'ui: Markerlight, Pulse pistol
. 2x Pathfinder w/ Ion Rifle: 2x Ion rifle

Pathfinder Team [6 PL, 86pts]
. 3x Pathfinder: 3x Markerlight
. Pathfinder Shas'ui: Markerlight, Pulse pistol
. 2x Pathfinder w/ Rail Rifle: 2x Rail rifle

++ Total: [51 PL, 996pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Putting the relic on the coldstar commander and him being the warlord. And I want to put the hurt on big with the gundrones on the crisis.. with the DC close by. Instead of going safe mode with shield drones.

Thoughts?

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#43 » Dec 01 2017 10:55

Solid gameplan. You're going to get hurt with armor lists by not having CIB's anywhere in my opinion. Having two squads of stealths with beacons at 1k seems overkill to me. I would much prefer skirmish units rather than have 676 points of your list devoted to two units that deepstrike within 9". Likely these units will be assaulted or shot up first and then what do you have left? A fast commander with mild harass and a few very weak pathfinders. I am not a fan of the list and in a tournament it will get chewed up. Just my two cents but if you plan on being competitive in a tournament use your crisis as commanders and just spam the poop out of them. Sadly right now that's our only chance to win.

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#44 » Dec 01 2017 11:15

I think a list I would try would be something like this:

SUPREME COMMAND (+1 CP)
QFC + 2 shield drones - 176
3xCIB+ATS + 2 gun drone - 154
3xCIB+DC + 2 gun drone - 151

OUTRIDER (+1 CP)
Fireblade - 42
5x pathfinder - 40
5x pathfinder - 40
6x gun drone - 48
5x gun drone - 40

999 points with 5 CP total. Try and get off the new ML stratagem with the gun drones, fireblade, and DC nearby for some ultra crazy dakka. Just need one light on a tank or tough target and watch it melt from QFC and CIB. This should be a nasty list to deal with since basically every commander lives as long as there are drones nearby to take the heavy hitting stuff. If you don't have enough gun drones, feel free to swap them out as shield drones. They'll be fairly annoying then too.

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#45 » Dec 01 2017 12:40

Yojimbob wrote:I think a list I would try would be something like this:

SUPREME COMMAND (+1 CP)

OUTRIDER (+1 CP)
Fireblade - 42
5x pathfinder - 40
5x pathfinder - 40
6x gun drone - 48
5x gun drone - 40

999 points with 5 CP total. Try and get off the new ML stratagem with the gun drones, fireblade, and DC nearby for some ultra crazy dakka. Just need one light on a tank or tough target and watch it melt from QFC and CIB. This should be a nasty list to deal with since basically every commander lives as long as there are drones nearby to take the heavy hitting stuff. If you don't have enough gun drones, feel free to swap them out as shield drones. They'll be fairly annoying then too.

Though that is a hefty army list it doesn't comply with my current model range nor with the 1 detachment rule for the upcoming tournament. So I like the idea and effort you put in for me.. I can't really use it at the moment

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#46 » Dec 01 2017 02:01

StealthKnightSteg wrote:
Yojimbob wrote:I think a list I would try would be something like this:

SUPREME COMMAND (+1 CP)

OUTRIDER (+1 CP)
Fireblade - 42
5x pathfinder - 40
5x pathfinder - 40
6x gun drone - 48
5x gun drone - 40

Though that is a hefty army list it doesn't comply with my current model range nor with the 1 detachment rule for the upcoming tournament. So I like the idea and effort you put in for me.. I can't really use it at the moment

ACK! Single detachment hurts. Lets try again:

BATTALION (+3 CP)
3xCIB+ATS commander + 2 gun drone - 154
Fireblade - 42
3x 5man strike team w/shas'ui w/markerlight -129
5x pathfinder w/ 2x ion, 3x markerlight - 48
5x pathfinder w/ 2x railrifle, 3x markerlight- 78
3x Crisis w/ 6x CIB, 2xATS, 1xDC, 6x Gun drone - 303

That gets you 6CP at 930 points. What else do you have that you want in there? Could shave points on the pathfinders with their railrifles and get more guys. Could just add more gun drones too which I recommend with a fireblade.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#47 » Dec 05 2017 07:25

Yojimbob wrote:ACK! Single detachment hurts. Lets try again:

BATTALION (+3 CP)
3xCIB+ATS commander + 2 gun drone - 154
Fireblade - 42
3x 5man strike team w/shas'ui w/markerlight -129
5x pathfinder w/ 2x ion, 3x markerlight - 48
5x pathfinder w/ 2x railrifle, 3x markerlight- 78
3x Crisis w/ 6x CIB, 2xATS, 1xDC, 6x Gun drone - 303

That gets you 6CP at 930 points. What else do you have that you want in there? Could shave points on the pathfinders with their railrifles and get more guys. Could just add more gun drones too which I recommend with a fireblade.

Yeah, one detachment is a little tricky! I like the way you put that together though. Here's what I'd do with the remaining points:

-

HQ - Commander w/ 4x Fusion Blasters; 2x Shield Drones (176)
HQ - Commander w/ 3x CIBs, ATS; 2x Shield Drones (154)
Troops - 5x Fire Warriors w/ Markerlight (43)
Elites - 3x XV8s w/ 6x CIBs, 3x ATS; 6x Gun Drones (306)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ Fusion Blaster, 2x Burst Cannons, Drone Controller, Homing Beacon (126)
Fast Attack - 5x Pathfinders w/ 2x Markerlights, 3x Ion Rifles (52)

Total: 995 - Command Points: 6 (1 Battalion Detachment)

-

What do you think?

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#48 » Dec 06 2017 02:50

I like your way of thinking, as a Battalion Detachment would work best for optimum CP's.. But I'll need to buy 1 more Commander (and/or a Cadre Fireblade) and a Fire Warrior set to make this work sadly.. and after spending so much on Sinterklaas presents (Dutch and the original Santa Claus which the Armericans and Coca Cola stole and pushed to Xmas..) I don't think I'll make the boss at home very happy if I do that :)

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#49 » Dec 06 2017 03:36

StealthKnightSteg wrote:I like your way of thinking, as a Battalion Detachment would work best for optimum CP's.. But I'll need to buy 1 more Commander (and/or a Cadre Fireblade) and a Fire Warrior set to make this work sadly.. and after spending so much on Sinterklaas presents (Dutch and the original Santa Claus which the Armericans and Coca Cola stole and pushed to Xmas..) I don't think I'll make the boss at home very happy if I do that :)

Ah, okay. I saw other people recommending two Commanders and assumed you had two. What other HQs do you have? We're looking to pack this list with good stuff, so how many of these models do you have?

- HQs
- Devilfish
- XV8s
- Stealthsuits
- Ghostkeels
- Gun Drones
- Pathfinders

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#50 » Dec 06 2017 04:10

Arka0415 wrote:
StealthKnightSteg wrote:I like your way of thinking, as a Battalion Detachment would work best for optimum CP's.. But I'll need to buy 1 more Commander (and/or a Cadre Fireblade) and a Fire Warrior set to make this work sadly.. and after spending so much on Sinterklaas presents (Dutch and the original Santa Claus which the Armericans and Coca Cola stole and pushed to Xmas..) I don't think I'll make the boss at home very happy if I do that :)

Ah, okay. I saw other people recommending two Commanders and assumed you had two. What other HQs do you have? We're looking to pack this list with good stuff, so how many of these models do you have?

- HQs (1 Commander, 1 Coldstar Commander, 1 Ethereal on hover drone)
- Devilfish (1)
- XV8s (3)
- Stealthsuits (2x3)
- Ghostkeels (1)
- Gun Drones (ehmm 9 loose I think now, with 4 connected to the Piranha and Fish)
- Pathfinders (20 total with 3 sash'ui, of which 3 rail and 3 ion)

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#51 » Dec 06 2017 04:38

StealthKnightSteg wrote:- HQs (1 Commander, 1 Coldstar Commander, 1 Ethereal on hover drone)
- Devilfish (1)
- XV8s (3)
- Stealthsuits (2x3)
- Ghostkeels (1)
- Gun Drones (ehmm 9 loose I think now, with 4 connected to the Piranha and Fish)

Okay!

So, we definitely want the "core" to be:

Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 3x Burst Cannons, Homing Beacon (110)

That's 721 points, and we still need another HQ. We also can't add any more Gun Drones as there aren't enough. With the models you have, here are a few ideas:

-

Battlesuit Spam: 1000 points

HQ - Coldstar Commander w/ High-Output Burst Cannon, Missile Pod, Shield Generator, ATS (150)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 3x Burst Cannons (90)
Fast Attack - 5x Pathfinders w/ 5x Markerlights (40)

Total: 1001 - Command Points: 6 (1 Battalion Detachment)

-

Mechanized Fire Warriors: 1000 points

HQ - Ethereal on Hover Drone (50)
Troops - 6x Fire Warriors (48)
Troops - 5x Fire Warriors (40)
Dedicated Transport - Devilfish w/ Burst Cannon; 2x Gun Drones (127)

Total: 999 - Command Points: 6 (1 Battalion Detachment)

-

We also could try for something that fits the Ghostkeel into a Vanguard detachment, but I'm not entirely sure which loadout to use.

Anyway, what do you think?

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#52 » Dec 06 2017 06:35

Arka0415 wrote:
StealthKnightSteg wrote:- HQs (1 Commander, 1 Coldstar Commander, 1 Ethereal on hover drone)
- Devilfish (1)
- XV8s (3)
- Stealthsuits (2x3)
- Ghostkeels (1)

Okay!

So, we definitely want the "core" to be:

That's 721 points, and we still need another HQ. We also can't add any more Gun Drones as there aren't enough. With the models you have, here are a few ideas:

-

Battlesuit Spam: 1000 points

HQ - Coldstar Commander w/ High-Output Burst Cannon, Missile Pod, Shield Generator, ATS (150)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 3x Burst Cannons (90)

Total: 1001 - Command Points: 6 (1 Battalion Detachment)

-

Mechanized Fire Warriors: 1000 points

HQ - Ethereal on Hover Drone (50)
Troops - 6x Fire Warriors (48)
Troops - 5x Fire Warriors (40)
Dedicated Transport - Devilfish w/ Burst Cannon; 2x Gun Drones (127)

Total: 999 - Command Points: 6 (1 Battalion Detachment)

-

We also could try for something that fits the Ghostkeel into a Vanguard detachment, but I'm not entirely sure which loadout to use.

Anyway, what do you think?

I still think I'm missing Fire Warriors for this :)

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#53 » Dec 06 2017 07:06

Sorry about that. Keep forgetting what's in your collection. Seeing as you can't field a battalion, let's try a vanguard detachment and go for an all-battlesuit list:

-

Elites - 3x XV8s w/ 8x Flamer,s Drone Controller; 6x Gun Drones (251)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 3x Burst Cannon (90)
Elites - Ghostkeel w/ Cyclic Ion Raker, 2x Burst Cannons, ATS, Target Lock; 2x Stealth Drones (181)

Total: 998 - Command Points: 4 (1 Vanguard Detachment)

-

Not perfect, I'd like to see more anti-tank, but it's an interesting first draft. We could also drop the Pathfinders for Marker Drones embedded around the list. Anyway, what do you think?

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#54 » Dec 06 2017 07:47

Arka0415 wrote:Sorry about that. Keep forgetting what's in your collection. Seeing as you can't field a battalion, let's try a vanguard detachment and go for an all-battlesuit list:

-

Elites - 3x XV8s w/ 8x Flamer,s Drone Controller; 6x Gun Drones (251)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 3x Burst Cannon (90)
Elites - Ghostkeel w/ Cyclic Ion Raker, 2x Burst Cannons, ATS, Target Lock; 2x Stealth Drones (181)

Total: 998 - Command Points: 4 (1 Vanguard Detachment)

-

Not perfect, I'd like to see more anti-tank, but it's an interesting first draft. We could also drop the Pathfinders for Marker Drones embedded around the list. Anyway, what do you think?

Interesting list, though I would move the DC to the Stealthsuits for another flamer on the XV8's. Only not sure where to get the few extra points from..

In my first attempt, I had something similar but without the Keel and with another pathfinder group, I think this will work better. Fusion keel will be to expensive I see with 240 to get the anti-tank work better, but then again I don't expect to see to much of it in our local meta on 1k points.. though Castelan robots a plenty..

Return to “Cadre Building”