Steg's Lists thread: on to 2k?

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: 1k list loadout ok?

Post#19 » Oct 24 2017 07:58

StealthKnightSteg wrote:yes they do only the drone swap I can't do also (fixed wysiwyg drones)

Sorry, I don't quite follow this sentence. What are you talking about?

StealthKnightSteg wrote:and 4 FB with ATS on the Commander won't work!

Hey, you're not allowed to notice my typos!

StealthKnightSteg wrote:Also what is your idea with the split in detachments? Is it not better to just keep it in 1 Outrider detachement as the Patrol detachements doesn't give any benefit here

The Patrol detachment is just there because it can be, it offers no benefit :P Shoot for the moon, if you miss, you might land in a Patrol Detachment!

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#20 » Oct 25 2017 02:26

Arka0415 wrote:
StealthKnightSteg wrote:yes they do only the drone swap I can't do also (fixed wysiwyg drones)

Sorry, I don't quite follow this sentence. What are you talking about?

StealthKnightSteg wrote:and 4 FB with ATS on the Commander won't work!

Hey, you're not allowed to notice my typos!

StealthKnightSteg wrote:Also what is your idea with the split in detachments? Is it not better to just keep it in 1 Outrider detachement as the Patrol detachements doesn't give any benefit here

The Patrol detachment is just there because it can be, it offers no benefit :P Shoot for the moon, if you miss, you might land in a Patrol Detachment!

:)

reformatting:
yes they do, only the drone swap I can't do (fixed wysiwyg drones), so I can't make my ML drones in to Gun drones

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#21 » Oct 26 2017 07:21

What would you think about this list?

-

HQ - Commander w/ 4x Fusion Blasters, ATS; 2x Shield Drones (176)
HQ - Ethereal w/ Honour Blade (45)
Troops - 10x Fire Warriors w/ Markerlight (83)
Elites - 3x XV8s w/ 6x CIBs, 3x ATS; 6x Gun Drones (306)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 3x Burst Cannons, 3x ATS, Homing Beacon (134)
Fast Attack - Piranha w/ Burst Cannon; 2x Gun Drones (71)
Fast Attack - 10x Pathfinders w/ 3x Rail Rifles (137)
Fast Attack - 6x Gun Drones (48)

Total: 1000 - Command Points: 4 (1 Outrider Detachment)

-

ATS on the Stealthsuits feels a little bit like points-bloat, but it's a worthwhile upgrade. If you don't like it though there's always this possibility:

-

HQ - Commander w/ 4x Fusion Blasters, ATS; 2x Shield Drones (176)
Troops - 10x Fire Warriors (80)
Elites - 3x XV8s w/ 6x CIBs, 3x ATS; 6x Gun Drones (306)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 3x Burst Cannons, Homing Beacon; 2x Shield Drones (126)
Fast Attack - Piranha w/ Burst Cannon, 2x Seeker Missile; 2x Gun Drones (81)
Fast Attack - 10x Pathfinders w/ 3x Rail Rifles (137)

Total: 999 - Command Points: 4 (1 Outrider Detachment)

-

What do you think?

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#22 » Oct 27 2017 04:03

Good lists, still the Commander can't take 4 FB's and ATS :D
And I still can't transform my ML drones into Gun drones, and I just don't have any more drones (yet)

As I talked with my partner last evening I decided on going with the following:

HQ - Commander w/ 4x Fusion Blasters; 2x Shield Drones (176)
HQ - Ethereal w/ Honour Blade on hover drone (50)
Troops - 10x Fire Warriors (pulse rifles, pulse pistol) w/ Markerlight a turret with missilepod (103)
Elites - 3x XV8s w/ 9x Flamer; 5x Gun Drones, 1 Shield Drone (255)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 3x Burst Cannons, 2x ATS, 1x DC, Homing Beacon (131)
Fast Attack - Piranha w/ Burst Cannon; 2x Gun Drones (71)
Fast Attack - 10x Pathfinders w/ 2x Rail Rifles, 1 Ion Rifle, Recon drone, Pulse Acc Drone, Grav drone, 2 Shield Drones (166) (stil wysiwyg tournament...)
Fast Attack - 4x ML Drones, 1 Shield Drone (48)

Sorry for all the time you put in for the very unflexible list I have.. I sure hope to get that christmas box from last year after my paycheck comes in next month.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#23 » Oct 27 2017 05:45

You have way too many Markerlights in that list. Since you have loads of Shield Drones and don't have many Gun Drones, what about this?

-

HQ - Ethereal w/ Honour Blade on Hover Drone (50)
Troops - 10x Fire Warriors w/ Markerlight; Support Turret w/ Missile Pod (103)
Elites - 3x XV8s w/ 9x Flamers; 6x Shield Drones (255)
Fast Attack - Piranha w/ Burst Cannon, 2x Seeker Missiles; 2x Gun Drones (81)
Fast Attack - 10x Pathfinders w/ 2x Rail Rifles, 1 Ion Rifle; Recon Drone, PA Drone, GI Drone (150)
Fast Attack - 5x Gun Drones, 1x Marker Drone (50)

Total: 999 - Command Points: 4 (1 Outrider Detachment)

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#24 » Oct 27 2017 06:17

I applaud your efforts Arka!

I did a quick recount of my drones

-5 Gun drones on XV8 -> +5 Gun drones as fast attack
-3 ML drones on Fast attack
-2 Shield drones on Pathfinders -> +2 Shield Drones on XV8
-1 Shield Drone on Fast attack -> +1 Shield Drone on XV8

XV8's would end up with 4 Shield Drones.. I'll be missing 2 more shield Drones in my collection to make that work

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#25 » Oct 27 2017 06:45

StealthKnightSteg wrote:I applaud your efforts Arka!

XV8's would end up with 4 Shield Drones.. I'll be missing 2 more shield Drones in my collection to make that work

If I understand correctly, you have 5 Gun Drones, 3 Markerlight Drones, and 7 Shield Drones? As well as 2 Gun Drones on the Piranha? Try this then:

-

Troops - 10x Fire Warriors; Support Turret w/ Missile Pod (100)
Elites - 3x XV8s w/ 9x Flamers; 4x Shield Drones, 2x Marker Drones (259)
Fast Attack - 10x Pathfinders w/ 2x Rail Rifles, 1 Ion Rifle; Recon Drone, PA Drone, GI Drone (150)

-

Marker Drones on the XV8s aren't ideal, but they're the best we can do. What do you think?

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#26 » Oct 27 2017 07:23

Arka0415 wrote:
StealthKnightSteg wrote:I applaud your efforts Arka!

If I understand correctly, you have 5 Gun Drones, 3 Markerlight Drones, and 7 Shield Drones? As well as 2 Gun Drones on the Piranha? Try this then:

-

-

Marker Drones on the XV8s aren't ideal, but they're the best we can do. What do you think?

Almost, 5 gun drones, 4 ML drones, 6 Shield drones (and 2 gun drones for the Piranha), but what you propose could work with thos numbers still, but in the end isn't it just shuffling around stuff?? As I feel that the gun drones with the XV8 are at a better place if they deploy near my Stealth suits with a DC.. It will cost me a ATS on them but I think the benefit of a DC on 5 gun drones outweighs the benefit of 1 ATS on 1 Burst Cannon.
Having 5 Gun Drones around floating somewhere not benefiting any thing obvious seems to me as a loss. But it's good to talk about this little things as it makes me understand the finer details of the gameplay better!

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#27 » Oct 27 2017 10:41

StealthKnightSteg wrote:Almost, 5 gun drones, 4 ML drones, 6 Shield drones (and 2 gun drones for the Piranha), but what you propose could work with thos numbers still, but in the end isn't it just shuffling around stuff?? As I feel that the gun drones with the XV8 are at a better place if they deploy near my Stealth suits with a DC.. It will cost me a ATS on them but I think the benefit of a DC on 5 gun drones outweighs the benefit of 1 ATS on 1 Burst Cannon.
Having 5 Gun Drones around floating somewhere not benefiting any thing obvious seems to me as a loss. But it's good to talk about this little things as it makes me understand the finer details of the gameplay better!

I wouldn't call it "just" shuffling around :P Just trying to see how we can tune this list.

Anyway, the list already has too many Markerlights. I don't like making a Shield/Marker Drone squad that just sits and holds an objective. It's not relevant, since that's basically what the Pathfinders are doing anyway. If you give the XV8s Shield Drones, they'll be much more durable and can more reliably get up close to the enemy and attack with their massed Flamers. If you give the XV8s Shield Drones you'll have the Gun Drones left over, and they can make a great little flanking force. Have a Markerlight hit on the squad those Drones are shooting at, and you're killing several infantry models per turn. Not bad for a 40-point squad.

So, I'm giving the XV8s Shield Drones for their durability, and keeping the Gun Drones solo because they'll be a relevant tactical unit.

However, if you do this, the list will be sitting on 970 points, not quite enough. So let's add three Marker Drones- one into the 5-model Gun Drone squad and two into the XV8 squad. These are really just bonus wounds, but who knows, maybe the Markerlights will hit something?

That's why I'm sticking with this list:

-

-

One thing to remember though:

If we remove the "points bloat" (i.e. upgrades that really aren't necessary), you end up with an under-900-point list. That means you're bringing 100+ points of stuff that isn't really worth it, like Missile Pods, extra Marker Drones, Pathfinder Drones, Stealthsuit ATS, etc. In fact, for those points we could fit in another whole Stealthsuit squad. Cool right?I know you don't have the models for it, but check out this list and see how much more we could fit, if need be:

-

Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 3x Burst Cannons, Homing Beacon (110)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 3x Burst Cannons (90)
Fast Attack - Piranha w/ Burst Cannon, 2x Gun Drones (71)
Fast Attack - 8x Pathfinders w/ 3x Rail Rifles (121)

Total: 999 - Command Points: 5 (1 Vanguard Detachment, Outrider Detachment)

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#28 » Oct 28 2017 10:37

Arka0415 wrote:
StealthKnightSteg wrote:Almost, 5 gun drones, 4 ML drones, 6 Shield drones (and 2 gun drones for the Piranha), but what you propose could work with thos numbers still, but in the end isn't it just shuffling around stuff?? As I feel that the gun drones with the XV8 are at a better place if they deploy near my Stealth suits with a DC.. It will cost me a ATS on them but I think the benefit of a DC on 5 gun drones outweighs the benefit of 1 ATS on 1 Burst Cannon.

I wouldn't call it "just" shuffling around :P Just trying to see how we can tune this list.

Anyway, the list already has too many Markerlights. I don't like making a Shield/Marker Drone squad that just sits and holds an objective. It's not relevant, since that's basically what the Pathfinders are doing anyway. If you give the XV8s Shield Drones, they'll be much more durable and can more reliably get up close to the enemy and attack with their massed Flamers. If you give the XV8s Shield Drones you'll have the Gun Drones left over, and they can make a great little flanking force. Have a Markerlight hit on the squad those Drones are shooting at, and you're killing several infantry models per turn. Not bad for a 40-point squad.

So, I'm giving the XV8s Shield Drones for their durability, and keeping the Gun Drones solo because they'll be a relevant tactical unit.

However, if you do this, the list will be sitting on 970 points, not quite enough. So let's add three Marker Drones- one into the 5-model Gun Drone squad and two into the XV8 squad. These are really just bonus wounds, but who knows, maybe the Markerlights will hit something?

That's why I'm sticking with this list:

-

-

One thing to remember though:

If we remove the "points bloat" (i.e. upgrades that really aren't necessary), you end up with an under-900-point list. That means you're bringing 100+ points of stuff that isn't really worth it, like Missile Pods, extra Marker Drones, Pathfinder Drones, Stealthsuit ATS, etc. In fact, for those points we could fit in another whole Stealthsuit squad. Cool right?I know you don't have the models for it, but check out this list and see how much more we could fit, if need be:

-

Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 3x Burst Cannons, Homing Beacon (110)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 3x Burst Cannons (90)
Fast Attack - Piranha w/ Burst Cannon, 2x Gun Drones (71)
Fast Attack - 8x Pathfinders w/ 3x Rail Rifles (121)

Total: 999 - Command Points: 5 (1 Vanguard Detachment, Outrider Detachment)

Ah great explanation! And nice to see how the list optimizes into 2 +1cp detachments and easy to achieve especially with the box I'm eyeing out for next month

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#29 » Oct 29 2017 12:51

StealthKnightSteg wrote:Ah great explanation! And nice to see how the list optimizes into 2 +1cp detachments and easy to achieve especially with the box I'm eyeing out for next month

Hope you like it! Once you've playtested it or similar lists, we can talk more about how to better tweak it. Enjoy!

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Re: Steg's Lists thread: on to 2k?

Post#30 » Nov 21 2017 07:59

So the tournament didn't really went that great :)

first game(loss): versus Admech / SM with Celestine, we just got nerfed with the objectives.. none in the first turn were obtainable and after that we just were on the back foot and unlucky to be able to catch up.

second game(loss): versus Admech (lots of robots) / Space woofies, didn't get the first turn and got shot off the table by really hot dice.. Lone Wolf from space woofies returned 4!!! times after killing it.. also locking up an entire quadrant

third game(win): versus Harlequins, on kill points it was an even game but we managed to get Linebreaker in and they failed to get it on 1,5"
Fun tournament all considered!

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#31 » Nov 21 2017 09:28

So I did get my hands on the 2016 battleforce box and I am currently building them up.

Now my collection will consist off:

HQ's:
1 Commander (with magnetized weapon options, but not all weapons fully present, but do have 4 Fusion Blasters)
-- 2 Shield Drones

1 Coldstar Commander (newly build)

1 Ethereal on hover Drone

Troops:
10 Fire Warriors as Strike team
-- 1 Guardian drone + Support Turret (with interchangable Missile Pod / SMS)

Elites:
3 Stealthsuits (with magnetized weapon options), homing beacon

3 Stealthsuits (with magnetized weapon options), homing beacon

3 Crisis Suits (with magnetized weapon options, mostly)
-- 1 Shield Drone, 5 Gun Drones

1 Ghostkeel (with magnetized weapon options...well as soon as my new magnets arrive)
-- 2 Stealth Drones

Fast Attack:
1 Piranha (with magnetized weapon options)
-- 2 Gun Drones

10 Pathfinders (3 of them rail rifles)
-- 3 special drones
10 Pathfinders (3 of them Ion rifles) NB: new box let's me make 1 Rail to swap the 1 Ion Rifle from previous group
-- 3 special drones

Tactical Drones
--4 Marker Drones
--3 Shield Drones
--4 Drones undecided (1 from new Stealthsuits, 1 from Commander(Coldstar), 2 from Devilfish as you get 2 sets of drone sprues to be able to create the 2 gun drones.. so 2 drone bodies extra with the extra bits from others to make whatever I need. I don't think the Pathfindersprues have extra Drone bodies)

Heavy Support
1 Broadside (with magnetized weapon options...well as soon as my new magnets arrive)
-- 2 Missile Drones

Dedicated Transports
1 Devilfish
-- 2 Gun Drones

So now to figure out what to use in a 1,5k and maybe 2k list.
Was already thinking about adding a Cadre Fireblade to use with the Fish, but even with the undecided drones and swapping out some drones for the Crisis Suits I won't have enough Gun Drones yet to make that tactic work yet.. Though leaving out the Piranha would give me another 2..and with giving the Crisis Suits 4 Shield and 2 Marker Drones I could get to 10. But I like using the Piranha :)

thoughts?

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#32 » Nov 21 2017 07:52

StealthKnightSteg wrote:So now to figure out what to use in a 1,5k and maybe 2k list.
Was already thinking about adding a Cadre Fireblade to use with the Fish, but even with the undecided drones and swapping out some drones for the Crisis Suits I won't have enough Gun Drones yet to make that tactic work yet.. Though leaving out the Piranha would give me another 2..and with giving the Crisis Suits 4 Shield and 2 Marker Drones I could get to 10. But I like using the Piranha :)

I think the core of your list will end up being...

HQ - Coldstar Commander w/ High-Output Burst Cannon, Missile Pod, Shield Generator, ATS (150)
HQ - Cadre Fireblade w/ Markerlight; 2x Gun Drones (58)
Dedicated Transport - Devilfish w/ Burst Cannon; 2x Gun Drones (127)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ Fusion Blaster, 2x Burst Cannons, Homing Beacon (121)
Fast Attack - 4x Gun Drones (32)
Fast Attack - 5x Gun Drones (40)

If I understand your drones correctly, you have 6 Shield Drones, 9 Gun Drones, 4 Marker Drones, and 4 unbuilt? It will be tough to make a solid 2000-point list with so few Drones- you can field a mechanized Gun Drone unit, but you definitely wouldn't have enough extra drones for a good XV8 unit unless you did this:

All this in mind, and here's an idea for a 1500-point list:

-

HQ - Coldstar Commander w/ High-Output Burst Cannon, Missile Pod, Shield Generator, ATS (150)
Troops - 6x Fire Warriors w/ Markerlight (51)
Elites - Ghostkeel w/ Cyclic Ion Raker, 2x Burst Cannons, Target Lock, ATS; 2x Stealth Drones (181)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ Fusion Blaster, 2x Burst Cannons, 2x ATS, Homing Beacon (137)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ Fusion Blaster, 2x Burst Cannons, 2x ATS, (117)
Fast Attack - 6x Pathfinders w/ 4x Markerlights, 2x Rail Rifles (86)

Total: 1500 - Command Points: 5 (1 Vanguard Detachment, 1 Outrider Detachment)

-

Here's how you might be able to expand it out to 2000 points, but you'd need a couple more Gun Drones:

-

HQ - Ethereal on Hover Drone w/ Honor Blade (50)
Dedicated Transport - Devilfish w/ Burst Cannon, 2x Seeker Missiles; 2x Gun Drones (137)
Elites - Ghostkeel w/ Cyclic Ion Raker, 2x Burst Cannons, Target Lock, ATS; 2x Stealth Drones (181)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ Fusion Blaster, 2x Burst Cannons, 2x ATS, Homing Beacon (137)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ Fusion Blaster, 2x Burst Cannons, 2x ATS, (117)
Fast Attack - 6x Pathfinders w/ 4x Markerlights, 2x Rail Rifles; 1x Recon Drone, 1x GI Drone, 2x Marker Drones (122)
Fast Attack - 6x Pathfinders w/ 6x Markerlights (48)
Heavy Support - XV88 w/ Heavy Rail Rifle, 2x SMS, Velocity Tracker; 2x Missile Drones (225)

Total: 2002 - Command Points: 6 (1 Vanguard Detachment, 2 Outrider Detachments)

-

What do you think?

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#33 » Nov 23 2017 04:23

Ha thank you Arka, some food for thought here!

As I already noticed from here on ATT I assumed the correct support systems for the Coldstar.

But why the choice to fit FusionBlasters on the StealthSuits? I do notice the "lack" of tank killng power besides the QFC but was thinking of using the GhostKeel to fill that gap with fitting it Fusion Collider and 2x FB, Shield Gen and TargetLock

Also thinking of taking 1 group of steathsuits with a Drone Controler that moves up with the Fish combi to give the drones another +1 to hit, while the other group will deliver the flamer crisis.

Also I won't have 4 Rail Rifles but 3 Rail and 3 Ion on the pathfinders

And your correct on the amount of drones (of which 4 are connected to the 2 vehicles), So I will see if I can my hands on more drones. Also the undecided went into 4 Gun Drones.

Why give the Cadre Fireblade 2 gundrones, isn't it better to shift them into the Tactical Drones? Making them 6 / 5.

And is it better to have 3 smaller groups of Pathfinders instead of 2 bigger? I know you split it here for making the CP in a second outrider detachment, but just curious about the workings.

Last question, why the Broadside with the VC, I was thinking of the Target Lock so I can shift him when needed to get him in line of sight of some stuff and out of other and doing that without the penalties for his gear. Or will flyers become a real problem?

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#34 » Nov 24 2017 10:46

StealthKnightSteg wrote:But why the choice to fit FusionBlasters on the StealthSuits? I do notice the "lack" of tank killng power besides the QFC but was thinking of using the GhostKeel to fill that gap with fitting it Fusion Collider and 2x FB, Shield Gen and TargetLock

Something I've been doing recently. Basically, the job of the Stealthsuits is to weather early-game fire and drop that Homing Beacon. BS4+ might not be ideal, but it gives you an extra Fusion Blaster to help out the Fusion Commander. If the Commander leaves a tank with a few wounds left, the 5th Fusion Blaster just might help bring that pesky tank down... and I think that's worth the extra +11 points. Totally up to you though.

StealthKnightSteg wrote:Also I won't have 4 Rail Rifles but 3 Rail and 3 Ion on the pathfinders

Gotcha, I misunderstood. I'll take that into account.

StealthKnightSteg wrote:Why give the Cadre Fireblade 2 gundrones, isn't it better to shift them into the Tactical Drones? Making them 6 / 5.

It splits the Gun Drones in the fish into 2/4/5 to make 11, as opposed to 5/6. Basically, it just plays havoc with enemy target priority- they're bound to waste fire on that tiny pair of Gun Drones. Igenerally avoid deploying pairs of drones as it's too easy to get First Blood, but if they're inside a Devilfish or whatnot it's only an advantage, I think.

StealthKnightSteg wrote:And is it better to have 3 smaller groups of Pathfinders instead of 2 bigger? I know you split it here for making the CP in a second outrider detachment, but just curious about the workings.

In the past I used 8-model squads of Pathfinders, but now I'm using 6-model and 7-model units. They need to be big enough to protect the Rail Rifles, but small enough not to have Morale problems. For the time being, I'm preferring the smaller units that are better protected against Morale losses. The Command Points are just icing on the cake :biggrin:

StealthKnightSteg wrote:Last question, why the Broadside with the VC, I was thinking of the Target Lock so I can shift him when needed to get him in line of sight of some stuff and out of other and doing that without the penalties for his gear. Or will flyers become a real problem?

A Target Lock is absolutely a good idea on a Broadside. VT is good but meta-dependent, while the Target Lock is a solid choice wherever you are. Here are those lists with a few modifications. Changes highlighted.

-

Troops - 8x Fire Warriors w/ Markerlight (67)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 3x Burst Cannons, 3x ATS, Drone Controller (119)
Fast Attack - 6x Pathfinders w/ 3x Markerlights, 3x Rail Rifles (105)

Total: 1499 - Command Points: 5 (1 Vanguard Detachment, 1 Outrider Detachment)

-

Here's the conceptual 2000-point list again with similar changes made:

-

HQ - Ethereal on Hover Drone w/ Honor Blade (50)
Dedicated Transport - Devilfish w/ Burst Cannon, 2x Seeker Missiles; 2x Gun Drones (137)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 3x Burst Cannons, 3x ATS, Drone Controller (119)
Fast Attack - 6x Pathfinders w/ 3x Markerlights, 3x Rail Rifles; 1x Recon Drone, 1x GI Drone, 2x Marker Drones (141)
Fast Attack - 6x Pathfinders w/ 3x Markerlights, 3x Ion Rifles (60)

Heavy Support - XV88 w/ Heavy Rail Rifle, 2x SMS, Target Lock; 2x Missile Drones (229)

Total: 2001 - Command Points: 6 (1 Vanguard Detachment, 2 Outrider Detachments)

-

What do you think?

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#35 » Nov 25 2017 05:01

Ah solid answers.

But about the new lists.. 3 stealthsuits can't have 4 support systems unless you use the markerlight/targetlock with another :)

And I would like to know how you feel about the Fusion set up for the keel. With his infiltration rule you can set him up right there where you want him within 1 movement phase to shoot at a tank first turn

My idea was to have 4 possible angles of engaging the enemy: FB keel to run up on a priority target, fish with drones supported by 1 set on stealthsuits to engage some softer targets, flamer crisis to drop on the second stealthsuits to wipe out infantry and lastly the QFC to drop in on another priority target.

So taking most of your input and combining it with my idea I came up with the following.. I might still swap out to the 3 pathfinder setup instead of the extra tactical drones unit of Markerlights (that I wanted to move up with the fish and the drone controller stealthsuits)

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [28 PL, 547pts] ++

+ HQ +

Commander in XV86 Coldstar Battlesuit [7 PL, 150pts]: Advanced targeting system, High-output burst cannon, Missile pod, Shield generator

+ Troops +

Strike Team [5 PL, 80pts]
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse pistol, Pulse rifle
. 9x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

+ Fast Attack +

Pathfinder Team [7 PL, 165pts]: MB3 Recon Drone, MV31 Pulse Accelerator Drone, MV33 Grav-inhibitor Drone
. 6x Pathfinder: 6x Markerlight
. Pathfinder Shas'ui: Markerlight, Pulse pistol
. 3x Pathfinder w/ Rail Rifle: 3x Rail rifle

Pathfinder Team [7 PL, 112pts]: MB3 Recon Drone, MV31 Pulse Accelerator Drone
. 6x Pathfinder: 6x Markerlight
. Pathfinder Shas'ui: Markerlight, Pulse pistol
. 3x Pathfinder w/ Ion Rifle: 3x Ion rifle

Tactical Drones [2 PL, 40pts]: 4x MV7 Marker Drone

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [54 PL, 1127pts] ++

+ HQ +

Commander [7 PL, 176pts]: 4x Fusion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone

+ Elites +

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits [6 PL, 111pts]
. 2x Stealth Shas'ui w/ Advanced targeting system: 2x Advanced targeting system, 2x Burst cannon
. Stealth Shas'vre: Burst cannon, Drone controller

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits [6 PL, 134pts]: Homing beacon
. 2x Stealth Shas'ui w/ Advanced targeting system: 2x Advanced targeting system, 2x Burst cannon
. Stealth Shas'vre: Advanced targeting system, Burst cannon

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [14 PL, 255pts]: 6x MV4 Shield Drone
. Crisis Shas'ui: 3x Flamer
. Crisis Shas'ui: 3x Flamer
. Crisis Shas'vre: 3x Flamer

XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit [10 PL, 240pts]: 2x Fusion blaster, Fusion collider, 2x MV5 Stealth Drone, Shield generator, Target lock

+ Heavy Support +

XV88 Broadside Battlesuits [11 PL, 211pts]: 2x MV8 Missile Drone
. Broadside Shas'vre: 2x Plasma rifle, Heavy rail rifle, Target lock

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [21 PL, 320pts] ++

+ HQ +

Cadre Fireblade [2 PL, 42pts]: Markerlight

+ Fast Attack +

Tactical Drones [4 PL, 40pts]: 5x MV1 Gun Drone

Tactical Drones [4 PL, 40pts]: 5x MV1 Gun Drone

TX4 Piranhas [4 PL, 71pts]
. TX4 Piranha w/ BC: Burst cannon, 2x MV1 Gun Drone

+ Dedicated Transport +

TY7 Devilfish [7 PL, 127pts]: 2x MV1 Gun Drone, Burst cannon

++ Total: [103 PL, 1994pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

This then will require me to get the cadre fireblade some more drones (gun and shield), but I think I can do that but not on a very short time, but something easy to work towards.

Now to get to work on a new 1k point list for a tournament on 17th of december

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#36 » Nov 25 2017 06:05

StealthKnightSteg wrote:But about the new lists.. 3 stealthsuits can't have 4 support systems unless you use the markerlight/targetlock with another :)

Ah, just a typo. Feel free to give your Drone Controller Stealthsuit a Fusion Blaster, or just live with having one of the Burst Cannon Stealthsuits have AP0.

StealthKnightSteg wrote:And I would like to know how you feel about the Fusion set up for the keel. With his infiltration rule you can set him up right there where you want him within 1 movement phase to shoot at a tank first turn

Now, personally, I'm not a fan of the Fusion Ghostkeel. You're getting an average of 4 Fusion shots, of which 2 hit. For 200+ points. However, if you have one of them, and you want to use it, go for it! It's not a bad unit, but it isn't great either.

Though, the changes I made to squad size were made for a reason though! Pathfinders will lose models to Morale in large squads. Split them into three smaller squads, combine the Pathfinder Drones and Marker Drones, and you'll have the exact same thing that's more durable and cheaper. Two Marker Drones won't be able to fit though, so hide them in with the XV8 Shield Drones. Remember that mechanized Gun Drones also work best with Fireblade+2+4+5, not Fireblade+5+5.

Do that, and you'll have the room to give the Broadside SMS (the superior option), the Fire Warriors can get their Markerlight back, and we can stick a whole salvo of Seeker Missiles on your vehicles to make the most out of your Markerlights and that new stratagem!

-

HQ - Coldstar Commander w/ High-Output Burst Cannon, Missile Pod, ATS, Shield Generator (150)
Dedicated Transport - Devilfish w/ Burst Cannon; 2x Seeker Missiles; 2x Gun Drones (137)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 3x Burst Cannons, 2x ATS, Drone Controller (111)
Elites - Ghostkeel w/ Fusion Collider, 2x Fusion Blasters, Shield Generator, Target Lock; 2x Stealth Drones (240)
Fast Attack - 6x Pathfinders w/ 3x Rail Rifles; Recon Drone, PA Drone, GI Drone, 2x Marker Drones (153)
Fast Attack - 6x Pathfinders w/ 3x Ion Rifles (60)
Fast Attack - 6x Pathfinders (48)

Fast Attack - Piranha w/ Burst Cannon; 2x Seeker Missiles; 2x Gun Drones (81)
Heavy Support - Broadside w/ HRR, 2x SMS, Target Lock; 2x Missile Drones (239)

Total: 2001 - CP: 6 (1 Vanguard Detachment, 2 Outrider Detachments)

-

What do you think?

StealthKnightSteg wrote:Now to get to work on a new 1k point list for a tournament on 17th of december

Any particular rules or limitations for this tournament?

Return to “Cadre Building”