Steg's Lists thread: on to 2k?

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Steg's Lists thread: on to 2k?

Post#55 » Dec 06 2017 09:49

StealthKnightSteg wrote:Interesting list, though I would move the DC to the Stealthsuits for another flamer on the XV8's. Only not sure where to get the few extra points from...

Yeah, that's where I got it from. It was on the Stealthsuits but was too expensive. You'd need 7 more points for the change... actually, here's the core of the list:

HQ - Commander w/ 4x Fusion Blasters; 2x Shield Drones (176)
HQ - Coldstar Commander w/ High-Output Burst Cannon, Missile Pod, Shield Generator, ATS (150)
Elites - 3x XV8s w/ 9x Flamers; 6x Gun Drones (255)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 3x Burst Cannons, Homing Beacon (110)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 3x Burst Cannons (90)
Elites - Ghostkeel w/ Cyclic Ion Raker, 2x Burst Cannons, ATS, Target Lock; 2x Stealth Drones (181)

Total: 962 - Command Points: 4 (1 Vanguard Detachment)

You have 32 points to spend and not much that can be dropped. You could add a Drone Controller to one squad, leaving you with 27 points left... which isn't enough to buy any Pathfinders. The best you could hope for would be Marker Drones. We could try something like this, but it's risky...

HQ - Coldstar Commander w/ High-Output Burst Cannon, Missile Pod, Shield Generator, ATS (150)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 3x Burst Cannons, Drone Controller, Homing Beacon (115)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 3x Burst Cannons, Drone Controller, 2x Marker Drones (115)
Elites - Ghostkeel w/ Cyclic Ion Raker, 2x Burst Cannons, ATS, Target Lock; 2x Stealth Drones (181)

Total: 992 - Command Points: 4 (1 Vanguard Detachment)

With those remaining points we could go to 1003 and add a Fusion Blaster, or go to 1001 and add a Markerlight & Target Lock to a Stealthsuit, or go to 1000 and add a Shield Generator to one of the Stealthsuits in the Homing Beacon squad.

What do you think?

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#56 » Dec 07 2017 04:46

Arka0415 wrote:
StealthKnightSteg wrote:Interesting list, though I would move the DC to the Stealthsuits for another flamer on the XV8's. Only not sure where to get the few extra points from...

Yeah, that's where I got it from. It was on the Stealthsuits but was too expensive. You'd need 7 more points for the change... actually, here's the core of the list:

Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 3x Burst Cannons, Homing Beacon (110)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 3x Burst Cannons (90)

Total: 962 - Command Points: 4 (1 Vanguard Detachment)

You have 32 points to spend and not much that can be dropped. You could add a Drone Controller to one squad, leaving you with 27 points left... which isn't enough to buy any Pathfinders. The best you could hope for would be Marker Drones. We could try something like this, but it's risky...

Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 3x Burst Cannons, Drone Controller, Homing Beacon (115)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 3x Burst Cannons, Drone Controller, 2x Marker Drones (115)

Total: 992 - Command Points: 4 (1 Vanguard Detachment)

With those remaining points we could go to 1003 and add a Fusion Blaster, or go to 1001 and add a Markerlight & Target Lock to a Stealthsuit, or go to 1000 and add a Shield Generator to one of the Stealthsuits in the Homing Beacon squad.

What do you think?

I think I would like to leave the pathfinders in, but maybe do the TFC? that safes a bit of points for the DC and extra flamer. And I don't expect to split fire on my FusionMander at 1k points. Then the pathfinders can help out the Coldstar and/or Stealthsuits with the re-rolling 1's at least

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#57 » Dec 07 2017 06:25

StealthKnightSteg wrote:I think I would like to leave the pathfinders in, but maybe do the TFC? that safes a bit of points for the DC and extra flamer. And I don't expect to split fire on my FusionMander at 1k points. Then the pathfinders can help out the Coldstar and/or Stealthsuits with the re-rolling 1's at least

Sure, we can leave the Pathfinders in! Maybe the best call is to drop one of the Fusion Blasters. Maybe something like this?

-

HQ - Commander w/ 3x Fusion Blasters, Multi-Tracker; 2x Shield Drones (157)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ Fusion Blaster, 2x Burst Cannons (101)
Fast Attack - 5x Pathfinders w/ 5x Markerlights (40)

Total: 999 - Command Points: 4 (1 Vanguard Detachment)

-

What do you think?

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#58 » Dec 07 2017 07:14

Arka0415 wrote:
StealthKnightSteg wrote:I think I would like to leave the pathfinders in, but maybe do the TFC? that safes a bit of points for the DC and extra flamer. And I don't expect to split fire on my FusionMander at 1k points. Then the pathfinders can help out the Coldstar and/or Stealthsuits with the re-rolling 1's at least

Sure, we can leave the Pathfinders in! Maybe the best call is to drop one of the Fusion Blasters. Maybe something like this?

-

Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ Fusion Blaster, 2x Burst Cannons (101)
Fast Attack - 5x Pathfinders w/ 5x Markerlights (40)

Total: 999 - Command Points: 4 (1 Vanguard Detachment)

-

What do you think?

Yes I think this will be the build to go with.. maybe the FB on the stealthsuits swapping for another pathfinder, but then again that one FB might even pull some heat towards it instead of the other grp.. will see if I can playtest this before the tournament.

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#59 » Dec 09 2017 02:58

got another 10 drones (from Marktplaats, the dutch version of Ebay) and some assorted bit of which a hammerhead gun (I think, it's the Ion Cannon.. the 2nd picture https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NL/Ta ... ad-Gunship together with the drones build as the missile drones and have the parts for the burst cannons for those drones)

I don't know if this would make any difference for this list

Edit: I did add a reference of all my models in the first post that I'll keep updated

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#60 » Dec 10 2017 07:38

StealthKnightSteg wrote:got another 10 drones (from Marktplaats, the dutch version of Ebay) and some assorted bit of which a hammerhead gun (I think, it's the Ion Cannon.. the 2nd picture https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NL/Ta ... ad-Gunship together with the drones build as the missile drones and have the parts for the burst cannons for those drones)

Edit: I did add a reference of all my models in the first post that I'll keep updated

For the 1000-point list I don't think anything will change, but your 2000-point list could definitely use some more Gun Drones! Any lists you'd be interested in re-writing?

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#61 » Dec 10 2017 01:04

Arka0415 wrote:
StealthKnightSteg wrote:got another 10 drones (from Marktplaats, the dutch version of Ebay) and some assorted bit of which a hammerhead gun (I think, it's the Ion Cannon.. the 2nd picture https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NL/Ta ... ad-Gunship together with the drones build as the missile drones and have the parts for the burst cannons for those drones)

For the 1000-point list I don't think anything will change, but your 2000-point list could definitely use some more Gun Drones! Any lists you'd be interested in re-writing?

I think I'll wait till I got atleast a Cadre Fireblade before tinkering with the upper lists to make more use of the gun drones, I think I can get away with buying him this month after my salary comes in and if I can locate one..

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#62 » Dec 12 2017 05:45

So I played my practise game versus a Craftworlds army

He had:

Some warlord (didn't really see him in action only with 1 smite)
2 Spiritseer

3 Wave Serpents
1x 5 Swooping Hawks
1x 6 Swooping Hawks
2x 10 Guardian Squad (or maybe Black Guardians)
2x 5 Rangers

also this is the battle pack for the tournament and we played the first one as practise (Supply)
Spoiler!
Rulespack – Warhammer 40k tournament, 17 December
Battleforged army 1000 points 1 detachment.
• If you manifest a psychic power on a roll of double 6 you cannot use a command point to reroll. Suffer the peril fool!
**Rule change dubble 6 is no rerolls from any source**

Bring enough dice, a tape measure and a printed version of your army. Handwritten army lists will not be accepted.

Timetable
9.00 - 9.30 Registration
9.30 - 12.00 Mission 1
12.00 - 12.30 Break time
12.30 - 15.00 Mission 2
15.00 - 17.30 Mission 3
17.45 Prizes
If at any time everyone has finished their games, the timetable will move forward and we may end earlier.
Each mission has it’s own scoring system. There are also extra points to be earnt in each mission. See the Extra points section for more information.

This tournament is all about fun, there will be no prizes for best painted.

Mission 1
Supply
The armies
The Battlefield
The Battlefield terrain on the table remains as it is, no changing or rearranging the terrain.
Next the players set up 6 objective markers as follows. The players roll off and starting with the highest score, the players alternate placing three objective markers until all six have been placed.
The objective markers can be placed anywhere on the battlefield as long as they are 6” distance from the edge of the battlefield and all are placed 12” apart from each other.
Deployment
The player who placed the sixth objective marker determines which of the standard deployment maps is used in the battle (see rulebook). Remember you have to roll a D6 to determine the deployment map.
The players then alternate deploying their units one at a time, starting with the player who did not pick the deployment map. Continue setting up units until both sides have finished.
First turn
The players roll off and the players who finished their deployment first adds 1 to their result.
The winner can choose to take the first or second turn, if they take the first turn their opponent can roll a D6 to seize the initiative, on a roll of a 6 they will get the first turn.
Supplies
At the start of the second turn, roll a D6. The number rolled is the corresponding objective marker, this marker is worth 3 points if a player controls it at the end of the turn. All other objectives are worth 0 points. Proceed with rolling a D6 at the start of each turn to see which objective is worth points. Side note : you cannot spend a CP to reroll this D6.
Battle length
At the end of battle round 5 the player who had the first turn rolls a D6. On a roll of 3+, the game continues for another round, otherwise the game ends. After battle round 6 the game ends.
Victory conditions
At the end of the last battle round, all other objectives are worth 1 point and the supply objective is worth 3 points. The player with the most points wins the battle.
A player controls an objective if there are no enemy units within 3” of that objective marker. If both players have a unit controlling the same objective marker it is a tie and you will get 0 points for that objective.
Duration of battle
2 hours 30 minutes

Mission 2
Defend your home base
The armies
The Battlefield
The Battlefield terrain on the table remains as it is, no changing or rearranging the terrain.
Deployment
The players roll off and the winner determines which of the standard deployment maps is used in the battle (see rulebook) remember you have to roll a D6 to determine the deployment map.
After determining the deployment map, the players set up their home base. Mark a 8” x 8” field in your deployment zone, this will be your home base.
The players then alternate deploying their units one at a time, starting with the player who did not pick the deployment map. Continue setting up units until both sides have finished.
First turn
The players roll off and the player who finished their deployment first, adds 1 to their result.
The winner can choose to take the first or second turn, if they take the first turn their opponent can roll a D6 to seize the initiative. On a roll of a 6 they will get the first turn.
Defending your home bases
Starting from round 1, if you control your own home base you will score 1 point. If at any time you lose control of your home base, the opposing player will get 3 points.
Losing your home base can happen in two ways. You forgot to control it by putting a unit within the 8” x 8” area or your enemy has captured your home base. Any unit can control the home base except monsters.
Battle length
At the end of battle round 5, the player who had the first turn rolls a D6. On a roll of 3+, the game continues for another round, otherwise the game ends. After battle round 6 the game ends.
Victory conditions
At the end of the battle count up all your points. The player with the most points wins the battle.
Duration of battle
2 hours 30 minutes

Mission 3
Sealed orders
The armies
The Battlefield
Next the players set up 6 objective markers as follows. The players roll off and starting with the winner, the players alternate placing three objective markers until all six have been placed.
The objective markers can be placed anywhere on the battlefield as long as they are 6” from the edge of the battlefield and all are placed 12”apart from each other.
Deployment
The player who placed the sixth objective marker determines which of the standard deployment maps is used in the battle(see rulebook) remember you have to roll a D6 to determine the map.
The players then alternate deploying there units one at a time, starting with the player who did not pick the deployment map. Continue setting up units until both sides have finished deploying.
First turn
The players roll off and the player who finished their deployment first, adds 1 to their result.
The winner can choose to take the first or second turn, if they take the first turn their opponent can roll a D6 to seize the initiative. On a roll of a 6 they will get the first turn.
Tactical objectives
This mission uses tactical objectives, at the start of each players first turn they generate 6 tactical objectives, if at the start of a players turn they have no tactical objectives remaining, they must generate new ones. If you run out of objectives you generate 5 new ones, the second time you run out you generate 4 new ones and so on. ( You generate up to 6 tactical objectives a turn)
Secret orders
In this mission only reveal your tactical objective when you achieve them.
Battle length
At the end of battle round 5 the player who had the first turn rolls a D6. On a 3+ the game continues for another round otherwise the game ends. After battle round 6 the game ends.
Victory conditions
At the end of the battle count all your points. The player with the most points wins the battle
Battle duration
2 hours 30 minutes

Extra points
In every mission, extra points can be earnt.
Slay the warlord. Score one point if you kill the opposing warlord. (Both sides can score)
First blood. The first unit of any kind to be destroyed is worth 1 point for the player who killed it.
Linebreaker. If at the end of the battle you have at least one model within the enemy deployment zone, score 1 point.

My deployment was:
Commander an Crisis in Manta hold

pathfinders in building (Mistake 1) should have deployed them behind and if I got first turn then I should vanguard them in.. now they got shot turn 1 (failed with +1 and failed to seize)
FB stealthsuits half way on the right flank on an objective.. behind a building from the wave serpents, 2 of them had the guardian squads in them and a spiritseer and warlord.. they have fly and a pretty solid move :(
Homing beacon stealthsuits in the middle behind a building threatening a unit of rangers and a spiritseer
Keel half way on the left flank threatening the other unit of rangers
Coldstar center behind a building to move him somewhere I wanted.
His 2 units of swooping hawks in deep strike.

I think my deployment was to dispersed though I could nicely offset his rangers, in my turn they all died together with the spiritseer.

All in all I had bad luck in the supply objective being none I had close by and he had several with a unit close by.. My Pathfinders were his First Blood.

Bad luck with the Fusion damage rolls all game.. Target Lock was good though especially as my ML unit was wiped turn 1.

Crisis suits were good on the deep strike.. but to kill the Spiritseer (1 wound left after my Drones could fire on him as the flamers took care of the rangers) I needed to charge in the Crisis suits.. but they left the drones behind.. even though my opponent killed those drones off anyway before Protocols.. it didn't feel good to have the crisis open.. and with flamers anyway they were not going to be very effective next turn anyway..

2 units of Stealthsuits feel to much durability to little firepower.. the one Fusion Blaster unit took 2 full turns of fire power of most wave serpents and a swooping hawk unit to be wiped out.. So that was good, but the output of 8 or 12 burst canon shots feels short coming.. the 1 Fusion didn't do much either (turn 1 only overwatch missed and my turn even forgot him.. DOH) then he got smited to death..

Relic didn't give me any new CP's.. Trait of Kayon didn't help me either.. back to 6+ fnp

Coldstar was usefull with his amount of shots and -1 AP and his movement made sure I got at least some points down.. but also left him vulnerable.

Fusionmander was ok bar the damage output.. double 3.. double 2, 1 and 2.. and when I got 7 (1, 2 and 4 on 3 dice) he had 7 wounds on a wave serpent and voila.. 1 dice on 6.. grmmbll.. he killed only 1 of the 3 Wave Serpents.. one stuck on 1 wound and the third had 6 wounds left. End of turn 5 he was my only survivor.

I feel I want to swap 1 unit of stealthsuits for something else.. but not sure how to rebuild this list.

thoughts?

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#63 » Dec 12 2017 06:44

loose one grp of stealthsuits

add fire warriors (also for obj sec) and another pathfinder.
give crisissuits a bit more bite and aid in the killing power on tanks

so I came with this:

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [55 PL, 998pts] ++

+ HQ +

Commander [7 PL, 157pts]: 3x Fusion blaster, Multi-tracker, 2x MV4 Shield Drone

Commander in XV86 Coldstar Battlesuit [7 PL, 150pts]: Advanced targeting system, High-output burst cannon, Missile pod, Shield generator

+ Elites +

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits [6 PL, 115pts]: Homing beacon
. 2x Stealth Shas'ui w/o support system: 2x Burst cannon
. Stealth Shas'vre: Burst cannon, Drone controller

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [14 PL, 291pts]: 6x MV1 Gun Drone
. Crisis Shas'ui: 2x Flamer, Fusion blaster
. Crisis Shas'ui: 2x Flamer, Fusion blaster
. Crisis Shas'vre: 2x Flamer, Fusion blaster

XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit [10 PL, 181pts]: 2x Burst cannon, Advanced targeting system, Cyclic ion raker, 2x MV5 Stealth Drone, Target lock

+ Fast Attack +

Pathfinder Team [6 PL, 48pts]
. 5x Pathfinder: 5x Markerlight
. Pathfinder Shas'ui: Markerlight, Pulse pistol

+ Troops +

Strike Team [5 PL, 56pts]
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse pistol, Pulse rifle
. 6x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

++ Total: [55 PL, 998pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

thoughts?

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#64 » Dec 12 2017 07:16

StealthKnightSteg wrote:pathfinders in building (Mistake 1) should have deployed them behind and if I got first turn then I should vanguard them in.. now they got shot turn 1 (failed with +1 and failed to seize)

You can see why I was thinking about removing the Pathfinders. Since you don't have too many units that can really capitalize on Markerlights, it may be better to hide Markerlights around your list, rather than having only one squad.

StealthKnightSteg wrote:2 units of Stealthsuits feel to much durability to little firepower.. the one Fusion Blaster unit took 2 full turns of fire power of most wave serpents and a swooping hawk unit to be wiped out.. So that was good, but the output of 8 or 12 burst canon shots feels short coming..

Yeah, their firepower is quite weak- maybe two squads is too much at 1000 points.

StealthKnightSteg wrote:Relic didn't give me any new CP's.. Trait of Kayon didn't help me either.. back to 6+ fnp

Yeah, in a one-Detachment game, the Relic is just about worthless. Better in large games with 15+ Stratagems used per game. And Exemplar of Kauyon is a truly terrible Warlord trait, definitely stick with the 6+ FNP one on your Fusion Commaneder or Exemplar of Mont'ka on your Coldstar.

-

To rebuild the list, I'm not really a fan of mixed Flamers and Fusion Blasters on XV8s, especially when you don't have reliable Markerlights. Taking a second Pathfinder squad could be viable, as could a few hidden Marker Drones. I don't think adding Fire Warriors would really help since this list isn't really about that.

-

Elites - 3x XV8s w/ 6x Cyclic Ion Blasters, 3x ATS; 5x Gun Drones, 1x Marker Drone (308)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 3x Burst Cannons, Drone Controller (95)
Fast Attack - 6x Pathfinders w/ 6x Markerlights (48)
Fast Attack - 5x Gun Drones, 1x Marker Drone (50)

Total: 989 - Command Points: 4 (1 Vanguard Detachment)

-

Points not full yet, but something like that might be able to help.

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#65 » Dec 13 2017 04:30

Arka0415 wrote:
StealthKnightSteg wrote:pathfinders in building (Mistake 1) should have deployed them behind and if I got first turn then I should vanguard them in.. now they got shot turn 1 (failed with +1 and failed to seize)

You can see why I was thinking about removing the Pathfinders. Since you don't have too many units that can really capitalize on Markerlights, it may be better to hide Markerlights around your list, rather than having only one squad.

Well my opponent did say he didn't like the Markerlights from a previous battle so it became a prime target also.. but my deployment was something I need to keep in mind to hide them and make full use of the vanguard if I get first turn and if not the first turn keep them in hiding. I'm not sure a few ML hidden with drones will make much of a difference.. as I'm not really lucky with them on a 5+ or on a 4+ IF (big IF) the DC is within range. So a little bigger unit and in hiding or 2 units of pathfinders will serve me better.

StealthKnightSteg wrote:2 units of Stealthsuits feel to much durability to little firepower.. the one Fusion Blaster unit took 2 full turns of fire power of most wave serpents and a swooping hawk unit to be wiped out.. So that was good, but the output of 8 or 12 burst canon shots feels short coming..

Yeah, their firepower is quite weak- maybe two squads is too much at 1000 points.

StealthKnightSteg wrote:Relic didn't give me any new CP's.. Trait of Kayon didn't help me either.. back to 6+ fnp

Yeah, in a one-Detachment game, the Relic is just about worthless. Better in large games with 15+ Stratagems used per game. And Exemplar of Kauyon is a truly terrible Warlord trait, definitely stick with the 6+ FNP one on your Fusion Commaneder or Exemplar of Mont'ka on your Coldstar.

Relic could have worked.. did have enough rolls (10).. just no 6's and the 1 time re-roll (wound roll) did help
Exemplar of Mont'ka on the Coldstar is only minimal useful as both weapons are assault weapons so you only negate a -1 to hit modifier. And I don't think with 20" move I need to advance him so often.

To rebuild the list, I'm not really a fan of mixed Flamers and Fusion Blasters on XV8s, especially when you don't have reliable Markerlights. Taking a second Pathfinder squad could be viable, as could a few hidden Marker Drones. I don't think adding Fire Warriors would really help since this list isn't really about that.

-

Elites - 3x XV8s w/ 6x Cyclic Ion Blasters, 3x ATS; 5x Gun Drones, 1x Marker Drone (308)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 3x Burst Cannons, Drone Controller (95)
Fast Attack - 6x Pathfinders w/ 6x Markerlights (48)
Fast Attack - 5x Gun Drones, 1x Marker Drone (50)

Total: 989 - Command Points: 4 (1 Vanguard Detachment)

-

Points not full yet, but something like that might be able to help.

That makes the Crisissuits one hell of a points bust in the list at over 300.. And though I feel the CIB is a good build I feel I lack the horde control that the flamers provide and the extra output on vehicles done by Fusion ..CIB with D1 just doesn't feel much and need to mostly overcharge them in order to do wound rolls on 3's and get better damage output on vehicles of T7.. but then I do want the ML support by more Pathfinders.

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#66 » Dec 13 2017 11:30

I suggest hidden lights in min size FW squads to get a battalion. This gets you ObSec troops for a tournament, hidden lights and extra CP. It's only 129 points for 15 models and 1.5 ML on average.

I like the idea of a coldstar and QFC for the HQ's and definitely roll with XV8's with CIB's if you can swing the conversion. They are like gold.

Not sold on the Keel but to each their own. Probably not awful since they are fairly durable and the new strat seems to boost a lot of our so-so stuff. If you stick with the keel I suggest shield generator and rely on the hidden lights and strat to erase the movement penalty for it instead of using the TL.

Definitely only need one squad of stealths. You can hide another ML in that squad as well. If you run a DC with this squad you can plan on bringing down the crisis nearby or just exclude it from the list and stick the DC in the crisis team or just leave it off. Without having a fireblade to REALLY help gun drones you don't need to take a ton of them to do damage but more as extra wounds. Mixing in shield drones could be good too.

2 min size pathfinder squads hiding places might not be bad either. 80 points total and your opponent has to focus two different squads.

Honestly, for only having one detachment I don't dislike this list at all. I'm very curious how it works out if you make these tweaks.

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#67 » Dec 13 2017 03:58

Yojimbob wrote:I suggest hidden lights in min size FW squads to get a battalion. This gets you ObSec troops for a tournament, hidden lights and extra CP. It's only 129 points for 15 models and 1.5 ML on average.

I like the idea of a coldstar and QFC for the HQ's and definitely roll with XV8's with CIB's if you can swing the conversion. They are like gold.

Not sold on the Keel but to each their own. Probably not awful since they are fairly durable and the new strat seems to boost a lot of our so-so stuff. If you stick with the keel I suggest shield generator and rely on the hidden lights and strat to erase the movement penalty for it instead of using the TL.

Definitely only need one squad of stealths. You can hide another ML in that squad as well. If you run a DC with this squad you can plan on bringing down the crisis nearby or just exclude it from the list and stick the DC in the crisis team or just leave it off. Without having a fireblade to REALLY help gun drones you don't need to take a ton of them to do damage but more as extra wounds. Mixing in shield drones could be good too.

2 min size pathfinder squads hiding places might not be bad either. 80 points total and your opponent has to focus two different squads.

Honestly, for only having one detachment I don't dislike this list at all. I'm very curious how it works out if you make these tweaks.

I don't have 15 Fire Warriors though otherwise I sure would have gone for a Battalion so will have to do with a +1 CP battalion for now.
As for the Crisis suits, I got them magnetized though I don't think I have a lot of cibs to mount.

With the current missions (especially 2) I think I like the FW squad to hold the 8x8" home base, as the rest of the army is so damn mobile :) and just hide them in there somewhere. But I could use a pathfinder unit for that also.. choices choices.. and so little points to play with

Return to “Cadre Building”