2000pts Army List - New FAQ Changes

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Arka0415
Shas'Ui

2000pts Army List - New FAQ Changes

Post#1 » Jul 27 2017 12:21

With the changes in the new FAQ, it looks like Shield Drones are in and the Sunshark is looking better and better. Here's the army list I'm considering now. Any comments are welcome, I'd be happy to change things around if anyone has advice! Again, the list isn't divided by unit type, but by tactical role.

-

Gunline: 702
HQ - Aun'va; 2x Ethereal Honour Guard (75)
HQ - Commander w/ 3x Missile Pods, ATS (156)
HQ - Cadre Fireblade w/ Markerlight (42)
HQ - Darkstrider (45)
Troops - 12x Fire Warriors (96)

Alpha Strike: 496
HQ - Commander w/ 4x Fusion Blasters; 2x Shield Drones (176)
Elites - 3x XV8s w/ 9x CIBs; 4x Gun Drones (320)

Fire Support: 500
HQ - Longstrike w/ Railgun, 2x SMS, 2x Seeker Missiles (225)
Fast Attack - 6x Pathfinders w/ 6x Markerlights (48)
Fast Attack - 6x Pathfinders w/ 3x Markerlights, 3x Ion Rifles (60)
Flyer - Sunshark Bomber w/ Markerlight, Missile Pod, 2x Seeker Missiles; 2x Interceptor Drones (167)

Skirmish/Screening: 303
Elites - 3x XV8s w/ 9x Flamers; 4x Gun Drones (239)
Fast Attack - Tactical Drones; 8x Gun Drones (64)

Total: 2001 - Command Points: 8 (1 Supreme Command, 1 Battalion, 1 Outrider Detachment)

-

There have been a few changes since my last list. First, of course, is the Sunshark- it should be an effective unit, I think, not just because of the Pulse Bomb but because of the large number of weapons it can equip. Second, one of the XV8 squads has been downgraded to carry Flamers instead of Cyclic Ion Blasters. This squad won't use Manta Strike- rather, it'll Advance to quickly close ground and light into enemy infantry. Also, the number of Pathfinders has been reduced- with fewer Ion weapons and more firepower in the army, the number of Pathfinders could also come down somewhat. Finally, the number of Drones in the army was reduced a little- I'd rather have the full 6 Gun Drones per XV8 but the points simply weren't available.

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Re: 2000pts Army List - New FAQ Changes

Post#2 » Jul 27 2017 07:42

Personally I would swap the bomber for at least a squad of stealth suits with a beacon and add more gun drones but I think this list has it's merits too. I assume you plan on having the flamer suits foot slog and are "don't charge me brah" for the meat of your army?

Arka0415
Shas'Ui

Post#3 » Jul 27 2017 08:56

Yojimbob wrote:Personally I would swap the bomber for at least a squad of stealth suits with a beacon and add more gun drones but I think this list has it's merits too. I assume you plan on having the flamer suits foot slog and are "don't charge me brah" for the meat of your army?

The Flamers wouldn't deep strike- if the enemy was really fast, they'd be charge deterrent. If the enemy was mid-range shooty (like most armies it seems) then they would move forward quickly (advancing every time for an average of 11.5" move!) and torch up enemies. Panzer had the idea a month or so ago.

Except for the Fire Warriors, this list has no redundant units... does that seem messy to you?

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Jul 27 2017 09:12

Arka0415 wrote:
Yojimbob wrote:Personally I would swap the bomber for at least a squad of stealth suits with a beacon and add more gun drones but I think this list has it's merits too. I assume you plan on having the flamer suits foot slog and are "don't charge me brah" for the meat of your army?

The Flamers wouldn't deep strike- if the enemy was really fast, they'd be charge deterrent. If the enemy was mid-range shooty (like most armies it seems) then they would move forward quickly (advancing every time for an average of 11.5" move!) and torch up enemies. Panzer had the idea a month or so ago.

Except for the Fire Warriors, this list has no redundant units... does that seem messy to you?

If it's intended to be competitive, I think the bomber needs to go. And I'm not a huge fan of the misslemander sitting back with the group to hand out Kauyon/Mont'ka. It's 700 points in gunline which I'm afraid wouldn't hold up against the competitive meta but I'm curious to see how it pans out. I love running buckets of firewarriors myself but I dare not against my group.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui

Post#5 » Jul 27 2017 09:25

Yojimbob wrote:If it's intended to be competitive, I think the bomber needs to go. And I'm not a huge fan of the misslemander sitting back with the group to hand out Kauyon/Mont'ka. It's 700 points in gunline which I'm afraid wouldn't hold up against the competitive meta but I'm curious to see how it pans out. I love running buckets of firewarriors myself but I dare not against my group.

The Bomber looks good on paper, especially with the new FAQ, but I'm not totally sure. Also, the beauty of the Missile Pod Commander is that it can go wherever it's needed, really. And that's nice. Gunline support, Manta Strike, hiding in a corner, whatever! Anyway, here's a much more redundant version of the list:

-

Gunline: 546
HQ - Aun'va; 2x Ethereal Honour Guard (75)
HQ - Cadre Fireblade w/ Markerlight (42)
HQ - Darkstrider (45)

Alpha Strike: 822
HQ - Commander w/ 4x Fusion Blasters; 2x Shield Drones (176)
Elites - 3x XV8s w/ 8x CIBs, 1x Drone Controller; 5x Gun Drones, 1x Marker Drone (325)
Elites - 3x XV8s w/ 8x CIBs, 1x Drone Controller; 5x Gun Drones, 1x Marker Drone (325)

Fire Support: 566
HQ - Longstrike w/ Railgun, 2x SMS, 2x Seeker Missiles (225)
HQ - Commander w/ 3x Missile Pods, ATS (156)
Fast Attack - 8x Pathfinders w/ 8x Markerlights (64)
Fast Attack - 8x Pathfinders w/ 5x Markerlights, 3x Rail Rifles (121)

Screening: 64
Fast Attack - Tactical Drones; 8x Gun Drones (64)

Total: 2002 - Command Points: 8 (1 Supreme Command, 1 Battalion, 1 Outrider)

Return to “Cadre Building”