Befiros brigade detachment

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Befiros
Shas

Befiros brigade detachment

Post#1 » Aug 02 2017 10:00

Hi, i want to share one list that i tried in a couple games now:

2000 points (it is 2002 points, if your oponent has any problem you can just drop a seeker)
Brigade detachment:
HQ:
-Fireblade with markerlight 42p
-Fireblade with markerlight 42p
-Longstike with railgun, seeker misiles and SMS 225p

Troops:
-12 strikers with shas'ui with rifles 96p
-10 kroot 60p
-10 kroot 60p

Fast atack:
-5 pathfinders with carabines and markerlights 40p
-5 pathfinders with carabines and markerlights 40p
-7 vespid with lider 120

Elites:
-Shaper with kroot rifle and ritual blade 31p
- Ghostkeel, dakka keel with ion raker, 2 burst cannons, ats and TL 181p
- 3 crisis with 3 plasmas each, and one of them is a shas'vre 225p

Heavy support:

-Hammerhead with railgun, 2 seekers and sms 205p
-Hammerhead with railgun, 2 seekers and 2 gun drones 181p
-Hammerhead with railgun, 2 seekers and 2 gun drones 181p

EDIT: Change some units because it was my sketch not the actual list, sorry
I find this list great for my local meta, it can deny easily deepstrike attacks on my tanks and have a ton of shots, my hh did great with longstrike's support and the 4 of them can kill one land raider in the first turn with some pathfinder support, i find very good the fact that i can swarm the table with strikers that can be a pain if in rapid fire and supported by a fireblade, crisis and vespid are there to grab objectives and kill some enemy infantry with big guns, my strategy is to kill the enemy heavy hitters in 2 turns and start to andvance with my tanks and infantry, they are fast and can grab objectives late game, with this list you can play agressive if you want because you can swarm the table with units and advance, then get your crisis and vespid for some mont'ka action, also 12 command points let you reroll a lot of dice and i think would be ussefull when we get those new stratagems, what dou you think about my list? this list is not ment to a major tournament and i think it can be more efficient, is a list to play a friendly game.
Sorry if my english is bad, is not my native language.
Last edited by Befiros on Aug 02 2017 11:45, edited 2 times in total.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui

Re: Befiros brigade detachment

Post#2 » Aug 02 2017 10:42

Thanks for posting this! This is the first true Brigade detachment I've seen on ATT that's actually pretty good. However, by my calculations it's 2041 points- can you post the points for the units too, please?

For my recommendations, your XV8s need Drone support and upgrading your Plasma Rifles to Cyclic Ion Blasters would be a good idea, I think. Finally, giving that last Hammerhead some SMS would be ideal too. To fit these upgrades in, you can drop the Ghostkeel and a few Fire Warriors and add 3 Stealthsuits and the list would be about 2000 points I think. It'd look like this.

-

HQ - Cadre Fireblade (42)
HQ - Longstrike w/ Railgun, 2x SMS, 2x Seeker Missiles (225)
Troops - 10x Fire Warriors (80)
Troops - 10x Kroot Carnivores (60)
Elites - 3x XV8s w/ 9x Cyclic Ion Blasters; 6x Gun Drones (336)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits (90)
Elites - Kroot Shaper (31)
Fast Attack - 5x Pathfinders (40)
Fast Attack - 7x Vespid Stingwings (105)
Heavy Support - Hammerhead Gunship w/ Railgun, 2x SMS, 2x Seeker Missiles (205)

Total: 2006 - Command Points: 12 (Brigade Detachment)

-

I had to drop an extra Vespid to get the list to 2006 points, but that's too high. Not entirely sure what to do to bring the list to/below 2000 points, but I'll see if anyone else has ideas for now!

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Aug 02 2017 11:38

Arka0415 wrote:Thanks for posting this! This is the first true Brigade detachment I've seen on ATT that's actually pretty good. However, by my calculations it's 2041 points- can you post the points for the units too, please?

For my recommendations, your XV8s need Drone support and upgrading your Plasma Rifles to Cyclic Ion Blasters would be a good idea, I think. Finally, giving that last Hammerhead some SMS would be ideal too. To fit these upgrades in, you can drop the Ghostkeel and a few Fire Warriors and add 3 Stealthsuits and the list would be about 2000 points I think. It'd look like this.

-

HQ - Longstrike w/ Railgun, 2x SMS, 2x Seeker Missiles (225)
Elites - 3x XV8s w/ 9x Cyclic Ion Blasters; 6x Gun Drones (336)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits (90)
Elites - Kroot Shaper (31)
Fast Attack - 7x Vespid Stingwings (105)

Total: 2006 - Command Points: 12 (Brigade Detachment)

-

I had to drop an extra Vespid to get the list to 2006 points, but that's too high. Not entirely sure what to do to bring the list to/below 2000 points, but I'll see if anyone else has ideas for now!

Any list that doesn't include commanders but includes XV8's doesn't need modified. Clearly the user is taking what they like and isn't in need of "optimization" since it is devoid of it. that being said I think you might find with your firewarrior heavy list that either an ethereal or Darkstrider would be better instead of a second fireblade unless you are intentionally splitting forces and want the buff in multiple spots.

Befiros
Shas

Post#4 » Aug 02 2017 11:39

Arka0415 wrote:Thanks for posting this! This is the first true Brigade detachment I've seen on ATT that's actually pretty good. However, by my calculations it's 2041 points- can you post the points for the units too, please?[/color]

I changed the list because it was one of the old list ideas, before getting the final changes to fit 4 units of strikers dropping one kroot unit.
Last edited by Befiros on Aug 02 2017 11:50, edited 1 time in total.

Befiros
Shas

Post#5 » Aug 02 2017 11:44

Yojimbob wrote:Any list that doesn't include commanders but includes XV8's doesn't need modified. Clearly the user is taking what they like and isn't in need of "optimization" since it is devoid of it. that being said I think you might find with your firewarrior heavy list that either an ethereal or Darkstrider would be better instead of a second fireblade unless you are intentionally splitting forces and want the buff in multiple spots.

I tried an ethereal with 3 kroot units but i dropped him with the kroot unit, now i am running teams of 2 units of strikers and a fireblade, I plan to try darkstrider in one of those or to form a block of 3 and the 2 HQ and see how they perform.
I am looking for something to swap my ghostkeel and get my tanks with sms and 10 vespid but that ghostkeel is a great distraction and a decent source of firepower, how dou you think i can change my list to at least get those sms without going with less than 12 strikers in each unit ( i just love the sight of a full unit of those with a fireblade supporting them).

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Aug 02 2017 12:28

Befiros wrote:
Yojimbob wrote:Any list that doesn't include commanders but includes XV8's doesn't need modified. Clearly the user is taking what they like and isn't in need of "optimization" since it is devoid of it. that being said I think you might find with your firewarrior heavy list that either an ethereal or Darkstrider would be better instead of a second fireblade unless you are intentionally splitting forces and want the buff in multiple spots.

I tried an ethereal with 3 kroot units but i dropped him with the kroot unit, now i am running teams of 2 units of strikers and a fireblade, I plan to try darkstrider in one of those or to form a block of 3 and the 2 HQ and see how they perform.
I am looking for something to swap my ghostkeel and get my tanks with sms and 10 vespid but that ghostkeel is a great distraction and a decent source of firepower, how dou you think i can change my list to at least get those sms without going with less than 12 strikers in each unit ( i just love the sight of a full unit of those with a fireblade supporting them).

When I run firewarrior blobs now I have a fireblade and darkstrider sitting in the middle of 40ish strike team FW and just dakka faces and get close enough to allow a charge but make it tough like 10" or so. If they make it I retreat using Darkstrider and shoot them with buckets of dice.

Befiros
Shas

Post#7 » Aug 03 2017 09:59

I try not to go full blob and spread my forces a bit, thats why i go with two fireblades but i will try darkstrider with fireblade and 3 units of fw with my forth unit back to hold an objective

Maapoezdae
Shas

Post#8 » Aug 05 2017 04:29

Just a quick comment;

I could be wrong but it seems like your 'keel could be put to something other than dakka, as you seem to have enough from your troops. I could be wrong, and it might suit you better as-is, but just a thought.
:fear: Space commies, but convincing :fear:

Befiros
Shas

Post#9 » Aug 05 2017 05:26

Yep, i need some replacement and it has to be elite to get the brigade, i just don't know what to put in there

Return to “Cadre Building”