2000pts - Tournament List -

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Pilchard
Shas

2000pts - Tournament List -

Post#1 » Aug 02 2017 04:48

Posted a list a few weeks back regarding a tournament with the following restriction that you must take a spearhead or low choice. Normal rules and maelstrom missions played.

Came up with a new list with more commanders and im having a test game tomorrow so wondered if theres any final tweaks.

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [13 PL, 262pts] ++

+ HQ +

Commander [7 PL, 154pts]: Advanced targeting system, 3x Cyclic ion blaster, 2x MV1 Gun Drone

+ Fast Attack +

Tactical Drones [2 PL, 36pts]: 2x MV1 Gun Drone, 2x MV7 Marker Drone

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [31 PL, 641pts] ++

+ HQ +

Commander [7 PL, 154pts]: Advanced targeting system, 3x Cyclic ion blaster, 2x MV1 Gun Drone

+ Fast Attack +

XV109 Y'vahra Battlesuit [20 PL, 415pts]: Advanced targeting system, Target lock

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [28 PL, 660pts] ++

+ HQ +

Commander [7 PL, 176pts]: 4x Fusion blaster, 2x MV1 Gun Drone

Commander [7 PL, 176pts]: 4x Fusion blaster, 2x MV1 Gun Drone

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (T'au Empire) [22 PL, 437pts] ++

+ Lord of War +

KV128 Stormsurge [22 PL, 437pts]: 2x Burst cannon, Advanced targeting system, Cluster rocket system, 4x Destroyer missile, Drone controller, Pulse blastcannon, Shield generator, 2x Smart missile system

[b]++ Total: [94 PL, 2000pts] ++

Its really just general commander spam list with surge and yvarah. Most likely i will be going second but with 5 small drone squads to get through plus some clever positioning i should be ok. No idea on the meta at this store but from what ive been told there could be flyer spam lists etc.

Any ideas?
Last edited by Pilchard on Aug 03 2017 01:57, edited 1 time in total.

Blindeye
Shas'Saal

Re: 2000pts - Tournament List -

Post#2 » Aug 02 2017 06:06

Overall this list looks solid to me. I'm having one concern if you are playing eternal war missions. Killpoints.

As you are not playing ITC missions (or rules? I'm assuming here) the first thing that comes to mind is that you will have a hard time going first and have allot of easy kill points / first blood opportunities available to your opponent with all those min drone squads. You may want to consider condensing some of your squads.
Through Unity Devastation.
Blindeye Cadre Log

Pilchard
Shas

Post#3 » Aug 02 2017 06:19

All missions are maelstrom from the rulebook. Combining the drone squads i have moral problems and i need the ground drops to get within the 50% deepstrike rules. Also having the small squads makes my opponents fire power wasted.

If i combine the squads il lose a cp and get down to 10 drops (a lot of armies can get under this) and have 4 ground drops so il have to put a commander on the field. I could give 1 all missiles but im still not guaranteed first turn.

Its a shame i have to take a low or a spearhead as our options in those slots arnt great competitively.

Im going against a marine list with guillman, 3 preds, storm raven, leviathan and 2 redemptors so il see how i go.

Blindeye
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Aug 02 2017 06:36

Aw I see, I wasn't clear from your original post that you were playing maelstrom missions.

Not ICT and maelstrom missions.

I took this to mean neither ITC or maelstrom missions, so I guessed it was either eternal war or custom missions.

If you are playing maelstrom missions ignore my comment you make allot of good points about the benefits of smaller squads when kill points are not an issue.
Through Unity Devastation.
Blindeye Cadre Log

Pilchard
Shas

Post#5 » Aug 03 2017 01:57

Ive changed it, it made sense the first time i wrote it!

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Aug 03 2017 08:27

I'd change one of the 3x CIB commanders to have a DC for added utility with markerlight drones since those are your only sources of lights. Spearhead COULD be useful using Longstrike and friends if you wanted to go that route but Preds are 400% more points efficient than our poopy hammerheads so that may be a lot of wasted points.

Pilchard
Shas

Post#7 » Aug 06 2017 05:46

Results are in, i made a few tweaks with the dc on a commander and added marker drones to the deepstrike units. Overall i came 4th, losing to guard conscript spam, blocked his entire deployment up and i couldnt get near him.

Happy with the list, some pointers -

Stormsurge isnt great, i had to take him due to restrictions but overall in a proper tournament hes too many points and lacks range and is slow.

Mvp was the yvarah and the quad fusion commanders, what a unit, fast, deletes any unit it touches, destroys flyers, charge tanks to stop them shooting.

Adding to list i think i need a coldstar to get to those objectives and kill key characters that like to spam smite, give orders etc.

Also going to add another yvarah and more drones, points permitted.

Return to “Cadre Building”