50 power level tournament list

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
CrappingEagle
Shas

50 power level tournament list

Post#1 » Aug 06 2017 11:38

This list is for a 50 PL tournament my shop has sometimes containing all sorts of armies. So the main goal of this list is to be able to kill everything without having many faults. My main strategy would be to manta strike the commander close to the yvaharas after the yvaharas push up in movement. The commander would of then sit behind and take out big threats while the yvaharas deal with infantry. Of course the pathfinders would be shooting marker lights at targets for hit rerolls. That is the main strategy with this list and I'm wondering if I'm missing anything that would make it better.

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [50 PL, 1046pts] ++

+ HQ +

Commander [7 PL, 176pts]: 4x Fusion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone

+ Fast Attack +

Pathfinder Team [3 PL, 40pts]
. 5x Pathfinder: 5x Markerlight

XV109 Y'vahra Battlesuit [20 PL, 415pts]: Advanced targeting system, Target lock

XV109 Y'vahra Battlesuit [20 PL, 415pts]: Advanced targeting system, Target lock

++ Total: [50 PL, 1046pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

Arka0415
Shas'Ui

Re: 50 power level tournament list

Post#2 » Aug 07 2017 04:37

Honestly, hard to argue with two Y'vahras. However, the main role of the Y'vahra is anti-vehicle and anti-monster, since its weapons have such high damage. Same with the 4x Fusion Blaster Commander. Are you sure you have enough anti-infantry?

CrappingEagle
Shas

Post#3 » Aug 07 2017 08:16

Arka0415 wrote:Honestly, hard to argue with two Y'vahras. However, the main role of the Y'vahra is anti-vehicle and anti-monster, since its weapons have such high damage. Same with the 4x Fusion Blaster Commander. Are you sure you have enough anti-infantry?

Would it not be enough to trust the yvaharas flamers or would it be better to switch out cyclics on the commander

Arka0415
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Aug 07 2017 07:45

CrappingEagle wrote:
Arka0415 wrote:Honestly, hard to argue with two Y'vahras. However, the main role of the Y'vahra is anti-vehicle and anti-monster, since its weapons have such high damage. Same with the 4x Fusion Blaster Commander. Are you sure you have enough anti-infantry?

Would it not be enough to trust the yvaharas flamers or would it be better to switch out cyclics on the commander

The Y'vahra's flamers are powerful, but their damage would be wasted on light infantry in large numbers. Feel free to try CIBs on the Commander, or swap out a Y'vahra for an anti-infantry unit!

Return to “Cadre Building”