Farsight list. Building towards

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Morgrim
Shas'Saal

Farsight list. Building towards

Post#1 » Aug 23 2017 06:49

So I'm new to Tau and as I have read and started collecting I have come to love the suits and the farsight enclave. So I have come up with a list that I wish to build towards. I need to get farsight and the commanders to make the list. The plan is to use the infantry as a fire base to hold objectives. Any advice would be appreciated.

Supreme Command Detachment +1CP

Commander Advanced targeting system, 2x Fusion blaster, 2x MV1 Gun Drone, Shield generator
Commander 2x Cyclic ion blaster, Early warning override, 2x MV1 Gun Drone, Shield generator
Commander in XV86 Coldstar Battlesuit Advanced targeting system, High-output burst cannon, Missile pod, 2x MV1 Gun Drone, Shield generator

Commander in XV86 Coldstar Battlesuit Advanced targeting system, High-output burst cannon, Missile pod, 2x MV1 Gun Drone, Shield generator

Elites
XV25 Stealth Battlesuits Homing beacon
. Stealth Shas'ui w/ Fusion blaster: Fusion blaster

Battalion Detachment +3CP

HQ
Cadre Fireblade Markerlight
Commander Farsight

Troops

3 * Strike Teams
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse rifle
. 9x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

Elites
XV104 Riptide Battlesuit 2x Smart missile system, Advanced targeting system, Ion accelerator, Target lock
XV8 6x MV1 Gun Drone
. Crisis 2x Flamer, Shield generator

Fast Attack
Pathfinder Team MB3 Recon Drone, MV31 Pulse Accelerator Drone
. 6x Pathfinder: 6x Markerlight
. Pathfinder Shas'ui: Markerlight
. 3x Pathfinder w/ Rail Rifle: 3x Rail rifle

Juicy Fruit
Shas

Re: Farsight list. Building towards

Post#2 » Aug 23 2017 09:16

Morgrim wrote:Commander Advanced targeting system, 2x Fusion blaster, 2x MV1 Gun Drone, Shield generator
Commander 2x Cyclic ion blaster, Early warning override, 2x MV1 Gun Drone, Shield generator

Your commanders 76pt weapons platforms that hit on a 2+ You want guns on them! Maybe an Advanced Targeting System on a 3x Cyclic Ion Blaster but definitely not on a Fusion Blaster. Protect them by placing other units around them meaning they cannot be shot at as per the character rules rather than shield generators.

Morgrim wrote:Elites

Only the Stealth Shas'vre can take a fusion blaster. One Shas'ui may take a FB if you have a team of 6 suits.

Rail rifle Pathfinders - 22pt weapons on a T3 model with a 5+ save that only hits 50% of the time. I can see enemy flyers licking their lips.
Primum conatus pessimi

Panzer
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#3 » Aug 23 2017 10:39

Yeah ATS on Fusion blaster is a terrible idea. You gain almost nothing from it. ATS is way better on high volume low AP weapons.

Rail Rifle Pathfinder are okay. No tournament unit but can wreck things in casual/semi-competetive matches. I use them frequently and they rarely disappointed me. Just make sure they are in a bigger unit of Pathfinder so you can remove some regular ones before you have to remove the Rail Rifle ones (your unit size is good).

Juicy Fruit wrote:
Morgrim wrote:Elites

Only the Stealth Shas'vre can take a fusion blaster. One Shas'ui may take a FB if you have a team of 6 suits.

Not quite right. Shas'ui can take Fusion Blaster as well. However the only one in three is right. You need for each Suit with Fusion Blaster two Suits with Burst Cannons in the unit (so a maximum of 2 Fusion Blaster per unit since max size is 6 Suits).

Morgrim
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Aug 23 2017 04:41

Thanks for the replies. I'll have a look and change the load outs on the suggested ones. Cheers

Return to “Cadre Building”