The War Drums Have Sounded

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Froglift
Shas'Saal

The War Drums Have Sounded

Post#1 » Aug 23 2017 10:49

My LGS is having a tournament that lasts for over a month. It starts out with 300pts then goes to 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, and finally 2500.

I have some time before the first round and I'm wondering what would be a good list for something as small as 300.

So far I'm thinking:

HQ- Commander Fusion Blaster x4
HQ- Cyclic Ion Blaster x 3 / Multi-Tracker / Shield-Drone

or

HQ- Cadre Fireblade / Gun Drone
Troops- Fire Warriors x 5 w Pulse Rifles / Gun Drones x 2
Troops- Fire Warriors x 5 w Pulse Rifles / Gun Drones x 2
Elites- Shas'vre Stealth w Fusion and Drone Controller / Stealth Suits x 2 w Burst and ATS / Gun Drones x 2

and maybe another list that is similar but with less drones and more pathfinders.

Also there doesn't seem to be any Kill Point points so that should benefit smaller squads.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
We are men of action, lies do not become us.

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Re: The War Drums Have Sounded

Post#2 » Aug 24 2017 07:56

Devilfish with Fireblade and his pair of drones, 5x drones, 4x drones in the fish with an extra 5x drones outside. Outrider detachment and TONS of dakka with zero armor wrecking pieces. It's 18 drones with 6 shots a piece at 9" which will handle any and all infantry that anyone will take at those points. Big things will be an issue but it's hard for us to get good tank killing stuff without dropping 160 points on a fusion mander. You can still outplay your opponent with all the small squads on the board at this points level.

Froglift
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Aug 24 2017 10:35

Hmm I'll take that into consideration. What would be some problematic units that other races could take at this point level?
We are men of action, lies do not become us.

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Aug 24 2017 11:08

Froglift wrote:Hmm I'll take that into consideration. What would be some problematic units that other races could take at this point level?

Twin assault cannon razorback with a few idiots inside. Ghost ark with 10 warriors. Basically anyone and a transport is annoyingly tough for low points games. Maybe a Tyrant of some sort with a bucket of guys. Conscripts are always cheap and annoying at any points level. Nothing is unbeatable though if you play smart with your unit and transport since the list I posted has 7 units in it but is a single drop. So if someone shoots at a unit and overkills then it doesn't spread since you have a fish, 2 units of 2 gun drones and a 4 man unit and two 5 man units. You can spread the map FAR more easily and grab objectives while your opponent is busy using all his firepower or all of his unit movement to only go to a single point. Plus drones move at 8" so it's getting there quicker than most things.

Return to “Cadre Building”