1000 pts team tournament

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Neston
Shas'Saal

1000 pts team tournament

Post#1 » Aug 24 2017 12:06

Greetings everyone!

I looking for advice for my first tournament. This will be my first tournament, so any tips and tricks may help. :)

We do not know the missions and the self rules yet, all we know is we have to make pairs with a random guy, so it will be 2vs2.

I have the following models so far:

2 commanders with magnets options
1 coldstar commander
1 etheral
1 fireblade
4 crisis with magnets options
3 stealth suits
1 riptide
1 ghostkeel
20 fw striker
10 pathfinder

I do not want to purscahe anothet modell till the codex is not out, so thats it.

My meta is marine (imp and chaos too) heavy. Like 2/3 of the players. Others are mix of IG, Admech, Necron, Orky. There is 1-2 other armies, except deathwatch, and GKs.

Thank you in advance! ;)

Neston
Shas'Saal

Re: 1000 pts team tournament

Post#2 » Sep 10 2017 03:48

Hello guys!

So I had some games with my club mates in 1000 points, this is my go to list so far for the tournament:

HQ:
Cadre Fireblade
Commander with 4 Fusion Blaster, 2 shield drones
Coldstar commander with ATS and Shield Gen.

Troops:
5 Strike team
5 Strike team
5 Strike team
5 Strike team
5 Strike team

Elites:
Crisis team with 3x2 Plasma Rifle and 3 ATS
Ghostkeel with Cyclic Ion Raker, 2xBurst Cannon, ATS and Stim. Injector

Fast attack:
5 pathfinder

So my idea is make a good gunline blob with the fire warriors+fireblade. They are capable for fight with regular troop units, however, in rapid fire range they are lethal to elite infantry too.

The coldstar is for grabbing objectives, and help to the others.

4xFB commander has an anti-vehicle/monster role with the aid of the GK. I know, this loadout for the GK is not the best anti-vehicle/monster build, but 6 S7 Ap-2 Shot is still helpfull. If there is no dedicate vehicle or monster, the GK can go for the infantry.

The purpose of the Crisis team is destroy the campers in the covers, like dev squads, d.reapers, or go for heavy infantry/light vehicles.

And finally, I think you can figure out the purpose of the pathfinders. :roll:

About the markerlights:

I think in an 1000 points army there is very little space lets say, to come with lot of markers. So I will go for the reroll 1 and the ignore the heavy penality here (for the GK).

What do you think guys? :D

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Sep 10 2017 04:55

I think a Ghost Keel without Target Lock or enough Markerlights to let him ignore the movement penalty is even more useless than it already is. Only made bad experiences with him so far unfortunately.

Also your list looks very static except for the Coldstar (which has the problem of being only a single model), so if there are objectives outside of your deployment zone you need you'll have a hard time to score but since it's a team tournament that's a job your partner could do in your place I guess.

Oh and Gun Drones are usually better for pure S5 AP0 shooting than Firewarrior so if you have some you might want to replace some Firewarrior teams with Gun Drone squads instead.

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Sep 11 2017 08:50

Wasting the slots on the crisis with an ATS on a subpar gun that doesn't need to drop the ap any further. taking a termy from 2+ to 5+ which is what their invuln will be anyway or taking a marine from 3+ to 6+. Don't need to take even more armor away. Go with more shots on our bs4+ models, always.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Sep 11 2017 09:22

I agree. ATS on Plasma or Fusion Blaster is wasted.

Neston
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Sep 11 2017 11:02

Hello!

About the ATS on plasma crisis team: yeah, I added the ATS because of the point limit, but I make some free points, so 3 plasma now is okay. I added a target lock to the ghostkeel too, I recognized I don't have enough ML to give a GK a ignore token for sure. Thank you for your advice!

But sadly, for this I had to remove the shield drones from the 4xFB commander.

About the gun drones vs FW point:
I don't know about this; the drones needs a drone controller for bs4 - which is the base bs of the fire warriors. So i have to add one "carrier" for this. The cheapest one will be the stealth team I guess. The others viable carrier (Coldstar, GK, 4xFB commander and the crisis team) will be far away from the main gunline.

But I think you are right, the gun drones have +1T and + 3 shots at 18" above the FW. It is seems like enough for switch the FW for the drones. But first, I have to figure out which unit will carry the drone controller... :)

Neston
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Sep 11 2017 11:39

I made the fix on my first list:
Battalion detachment- 6CP
HQ:
Cadre fireblade
4xFB commander
Coldstar commander with ATS and SG

Troops:
5x5 FW strike team

Elites:
3X Crisis with 3xPlasma Rifle each
Ghostkeel with Raker, BC, ATS and Target lock

Fast attack:
5 pathfinder

Furthermore, I made a second list with the suggested drones:
Vanguard detachment 1CP
HQ:
Coldstar commander with ATS and SG

Elites:
Stealth team with drone controller

Outrider detachment 1Cp
HQ:
Cadre fireblade
4xFB commander with 2 shield drones

Fast attack:
4x4 Gun drones

What do you think guys? The drones have better T, more shots (at 18" 96 with the fireblade vs 75 with the fireblade) than the Fire Warriors, but it is only 16 models and 4 units against the 25 models 5 unit which are the Fire Warriors. And with the second list, I have only one markerlight.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#8 » Sep 11 2017 07:40

Elites:
Stealth team with drone controller

Outrider detachment 1Cp
HQ:
Cadre fireblade
4xFB commander with 2 shield drones

Fast attack:
4x4 Gun drones

What do you think guys? The drones have better T, more shots (at 18" 96 with the fireblade vs 75 with the fireblade) than the Fire Warriors, but it is only 16 models and 4 units against the 25 models 5 unit which are the Fire Warriors. And with the second list, I have only one markerlight.[/quote]

If you want a Gun Drone list, I'd make the squads a bit bigger. They're very easy kill points as it is. Also, your XV8s need Gun or Shield Drones for support- otherwise, they die too easily to Lascannons and Meltaguns. Here's your two lists, with a few revisions:

-

Fire Warrior List - 1000pts

HQ - Commander w/ 4x Fusion Blasters (160)
HQ - Coldstar Commander w/ ATS, Shield Generator (150)
HQ - Cadre Fireblade w/ Markerlight (42)
Troops - 8x Fire Warriors w/ Markerlight (67)
Elites - 3x XV8s w/ 8x Plasma Rifles, 1x Drone Controller; 6x Gun Drones (267)
Elites - Ghostkeel w/ Cyclic Ion Raker, 2x Burst Cannons, ATS, Target Lock; 2x Stealth Drones (179)

Total: 999 - Command Points: 6 (1 Battalion Detachment)

-

Gun Drone List - 1000pts

HQ - Commander w/ 4x Fusion Blasters (160)
HQ - Cadre Fireblade w/ Markerlight (42)
Elites - 3x XV8s w/ 8x Plasma Rifles, 1x Drone Controller; 6x Gun Drones (267)
Elites - Ghostkeel w/ Cyclic Ion Raker, 2x Burst Cannons, ATS, Target Lock; 2x Stealth Drones (179)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 3x Burst Cannons, 2x Drone Controllers (100)
Fast Attack - 6x Gun Drones (48)
Fast Attack - 6x Pathfinders w/ 3x Markerlights, 3x Ion Rifles (60)

Total: 1000 - Command Points: 5 (1 Vanguard Detachment, 1 Outrider Detachment)

-

What do you think?

Return to “Cadre Building”