2000 points mechanised

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
nil
Shas

2000 points mechanised

Post#1 » Aug 29 2017 10:40

Hi guys,

I built this list mostly for casual games as a fun concept, however I'm looking to potentially take it to a local tournament in a few months. I'm not well experienced with 8th, and would appreciate some thoughts on its viability in competitive play.

---------------------------------Battalion Detachment---------------------------------
Cadre Fireblade (Warlord)................................................42 points
Markerlight, Pulse Rifle, Photon Grenades

Ethereal.....................................................................45 points
Honor Blade

Darkstrider..................................................................45 points
Markerlight, Pulse Carbine, Photon Grenades

Strike team(5)..............................................................40 points
Pulse Rifles, Photon Grenades, 1x Pulse Pistol

Strike team(5)..............................................................40 points

Breacher Team(9)..........................................................72 points
Pulse Blasters, Photon Grenades, 1x Pulse Pistol
Devilfish.............................................................137 points
2x Gun Drone, Burst Cannon, 2x Seeker Missiles

Piranhas(3)................................................................248 points
Fusion Blasters, 2x Gun Drone (each)

Pathfinders(10)............................................................80 points
Markerlights, Pulse Carbines, Photon Grenades, 1x Pulse Pistol

Pathfinders(5).............................................................40 points
Markerlights, Pulse Carbines, Photon Grenades, 1x Pulse Pistol

Hammerhead.............................................................205 points
Railgun, 2x Smart Missile Systems, 2x Seeker Missiles

Hammerhead.............................................................205 points

---------------------------------Battalion Detachment---------------------------------
Commander..............................................................148 points
4x Cyclic Ion Blasters

Longstrike................................................................225 points

Strike team(5)............................................................40 points

Strike team(5)............................................................40 points

Strike team(8)............................................................64 points

---------------------------------Fortification Network--------------------------------
Tidewall Shieldline.....................................................140 points
Tidewall Defence Platform

Tidewall Shieldline.....................................................140 points
Tidewall Defence Platform

General plan is all the infantry except the small PF unit sit inside the walls (fireblade outside to buff), with HHs nearby and piranhas to screen transports/hunt tanks. The walls also reduce the number of units to deploy significantly. Darkstrider and breachers can capture objectives or apply pressure down field as needed later in the game, with any piranhas that (likely won't) survive. The idea is to take out enemy anti-tank quickly, and deprive most weapons of good targets with no infantry exposed; ideally the enemy targets my HHs first and leaves the troops to make it to late game unscathed.

I'm not totally convinced on the Piranhas, but I needed some anti-tank outside the HH blob, and I have the models.

Return to “Cadre Building”