1500 points list for local tournament.

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Mysado
Shas'Saal

1500 points list for local tournament.

Post#1 » Aug 30 2017 04:03

[dropshadow=] Hello everyone.

I'm sort of new Tau player and i wanted some advices on my list that i want to use in local tournament.

First few words about missions. There are 3 of them
1. Main: Big Guns never Tire with 4 objectives (each worth 3VP)
Secondary : Tactical Escalation
Nightfight

2. Main: Relic
Secondary: Spoils of war
Psychic maelstrom

3. Main: The Scouring
Secondary: Contact Lost
Fire and Fury

I can take 2 detachments except of commander det, super heavy det.

My current list is
Battalion det:
HQ:
Commander with 4x Fusion blasters and 2 shield drones
Commander with 3x missile pod and ATS as warlord
Ethereal with equalisers

Troops:
4x Fire warriors with pulse rifle and sergeant with pistol

Elites
2x Crisis suit and sergeant with 2 Shield drones. Each suit with 2x Cyclic Ion Blaster and shield generator
2x Crisis suit and sergeant with 2 Shield drones. Each suit with 2x Cyclic Ion Blaster and shield generator

Fast Atack:
4x Gun drones and 2x shield drones
4x Gun drones and 2x shield drones

Heavy support
Broadside with rail rifle, smart missile system, shield generator and 2x shield drones

Outrider det.
HQ: Cadre Fireblade

Fast atack
5x Kroot Hounds
4x Kroot Hounds
4x Kroot Hounds
4x Kroot Hounds

Total points :1499
Points limit :1500

My plan is to use hounds as cheap anti alpha strike and meat wall, if they will live longer they can take some objectives or charge tanks.

Both squads of crisis suits and commander with fusion blasters are going into manta strike and i'm droping them to take out big stuff. I tested it few times and it was working pretty good.

Fire warriors are going to sit somewhere with second commander, ethereal and broadside and shoot stuff from far away.

Fireblade is going to run with gun drones as cheap and mobile gun line. Shield added for some survivalibity.

My list of all minis that i have:
Commander
8 Crisis suit (one of them is going to be missile commander)
28 Fire warriors
5 breachers
20 Kroot hounds (made from chaos warhounds)
Around 30 drones
Broadside
Ethereal
Fireblade
Darkstrider

I can use crisis suits as commanders but i don't want to do commander spam.
Not much in terms of variety sadly. Everything is magnetized. I also don't want tanks in my army.
I'm out of money so nothing new before tournament.

Anything i can do to boost my chances? I don't expect to place in top, just don't want to be last. [/dropshadow]

Ghostly Daemon
Shas'Saal

Re: 1500 points list for local tournament.

Post#2 » Aug 30 2017 06:41

Do you know what forces you're likely to be facing?

The only thing I can see you're missing is any kind of real Markerlight support.

Cadre Fireblade and/or Darkstrider will give you a near-guaranteed single Marketlight point on one unit, but sometimes that's not always enough - it might be worth swapping some of the Gun Drones for Marker Drones.

As you're taking Cyclic Ion Blasters, I'd recommend overcharging them, but again this is where Markerlight support can help when you inevitably roll a 1.

Just my $0.02!
:fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :evil:

Mysado
Shas'Saal

Re: 1500 points list for local tournament.

Post#3 » Aug 30 2017 11:34

Sadly i have no idea what i'm going to face. There is going to be a draft just before tournament.

I'm not sure if few marker drones will make any difference, especially without any drone controllers and on that nightfall mision. I could give controller to broadside but last time i did it, he got sniped with heavy weapons due to no inv save and i cant affort much more drones to sit with him to take wounds.

I think i could give markers to sergeants in my troops squads. They are going to sit down early so they wont have penalty for moving.

Return to “Cadre Building”