Lots of commanders and drones.

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Morgrim
Shas'Saal

Lots of commanders and drones.

Post#1 » Aug 30 2017 09:36

So I'm thinking this could be the list to build towards . All commanders have 2 gun drones.
Outrider detachment
Cadre fire blade 2 gun drones
10 pathfinders with 3 rail rifles, pulse accelerator and 2 gun drones
12 gun drones
12 gun drones

Supreme command detachment
Commander with 3 cib and ats
Commander with 3 cib and ats
Coldstar with ats and shield
Stormsurge with ats, drone crontroller and shield gen

Supreme command detachment
Commander farsight
Coldstar with shield and ats
Commander with 4 fusion
Commander with 4 fusion

2000 pts
The outrider detachment and the stormsurge form a firebase. coldstars deploy on table and farsight and commanders manta strike. What do you think?

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Re: Lots of commanders and drones.

Post#2 » Aug 31 2017 07:41

Besides Farsight and having a DC on the Stormsurge(should have EWO to create a no deep strike zone for your opponent) I think it should do fairly decent. Be very mindful that if people target the pathfinders in their alpha strike and destroy them, which isn't hard to do, they will greatly reduce the effectiveness of your army. If you could I would have those split into two squads with some marker drones hiding places and go with a 3CIB DC commander for maximizing effect instead of using the slot on the SS. Interested to see how it plays out. Let us know with a bat rep!

Emberkahn
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Aug 31 2017 07:50

I personally take marker drones on my commanders rather than gun drones because I really appreciate the re-roll 1s to hit and have historically been lucky with their chances to hit. Well worth considering on your FB commanders.

Morgrim
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Aug 31 2017 04:48

Thanks for the replies. I'll look at making the commanders drones marker.

Quorgyle
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Sep 01 2017 08:18

Definitely get rid of the Drone Controller on the Stormsurge and get either a Early Warning Override or a Velocity Tracker.

Panzer
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#6 » Sep 01 2017 08:52

I'd rather go with Shield-Drones on Commander. Since he is a Character with less than 10 wounds your opponent HAS to shoot at the Shield-Drones. Means he has to get past the 4++ and the 5+ FnP instead of just the 5+ FnP.

In my last match two of my Shield Drones soaked up almost a whole turn worth of shooting from a small Deathwatch army after I dropped my Commander right infront of his guys turn 1 to claim an objective. The look on my opponents face was priceless. :D

Return to “Cadre Building”