2K versus Dark Eldar

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Blinx
Shas'Saal

2K versus Dark Eldar

Post#1 » Sep 03 2017 12:00

So I've got a casual game coming up against a friend who has a lot of Drukhari vehicles (venoms, raiders and ravagers).

2000pts

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [308pts] ++
Commander in XV86 Coldstar Battlesuit [148pts]: High-output burst cannon, Missile pod, Shield generator, Target lock

Pathfinder Team [40pts]
4x Pathfinder: 4x Markerlight
Pathfinder Shas'ui: Markerlight, Pulse pistol

Pathfinder Team [40pts]
4x Pathfinder: 4x Markerlight
Pathfinder Shas'ui: Markerlight, Pulse pistol

Tactical Drones [80pts]: 8x MV7 Marker Drone

++ Patrol Detachment (T'au Empire) [138pts] ++
Cadre Fireblade [42pts]: Markerlight

Strike Team [48pts]
Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse pistol, Pulse rifle
5x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

Strike Team [48pts]
Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse pistol, Pulse rifle
5x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [932pts] ++
Commander [164pts]: 4x Cyclic ion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone

KV128 Stormsurge [440pts]: 2x Flamer, Advanced targeting system, Cluster rocket system, 4x Destroyer missile, Pulse blastcannon, Shield generator, 2x Smart missile system, Velocity tracker

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [33 PL, 621pts] ++
Longstrike [218pts]: 2x MV1 Gun Drone, Ion cannon, 2x Seeker missile

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits [111pts]
2x Stealth Shas'ui w/ Advanced targeting system: 2x Advanced targeting system, 2x Burst cannon
Stealth Shas'vre: Burst cannon, Drone controller

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits [111pts]
2x Stealth Shas'ui w/ Advanced targeting system: 2x Advanced targeting system, 2x Burst cannon
Stealth Shas'vre: Burst cannon, Drone controller

XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit [181pts]: 2x Burst cannon, Advanced targeting system, Cyclic ion raker, 2x MV5 Stealth Drone, Target lock

I've tried to focus this list around trying to get rid of the vehicles (the commanders and VT on the stormsurge). I'm going to keep the drones and stealth suits back with the stormsurge for protection. Commanders will hopefully manta strike in and take out a couple of vehicles on turn 1.

The only extra models I've got are:
3 x stealth suits
Devilfish
Piranha
The 3 pathfinder drones
4 gun/markerlight/shield drones

As I don't have a lot of extra models, I'm mainly looking for any loadout advice anyone can think of

Vio'ra Mal'caor
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: 2K versus Dark Eldar

Post#2 » Sep 15 2017 08:53

Nice job man!!! The Ghostkeels could use some pruning (they seem to be the highest source of points in your list (xorrect me if I'm wrong)), you could add a couple more strike teams and the tactical drones could use a full complement of 12 gun drones (As mentioned in one of my previous posts, 12x gun drones output 12x2x2 shots per shooting phase for a total of 48 shots per full tac drone unit). Other than that, evertyhing seems fine. Good list man. Why so many stealth units against dark eldar???
ST returns in >24 hours. Live long and Prosper ATT. And prepare to return to the Final Frontier.

Blinx
Shas'Saal

Re: 2K versus Dark Eldar

Post#3 » Sep 16 2017 12:33

The ghostkeel is more of a distraction carnifex and he's not quite the highest points (Stormsurge ;) ).

The stealth suits are mainly there to pad out the vanguard detachment and because I don't have much else.
I probably will replace them with strike team/breacher/drones when I get any. Especially since if I get rid of the venoms he doesn't have much anti infantry as he takes mostly blasters.

Return to “Cadre Building”