1500 for tournament

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Adas
Shas'Saal

1500 for tournament

Post#1 » Sep 07 2017 02:19

My 1500 list for tournament with mixed missins from eternal war and maelstorm with 2 detachment max.
Nothing big and original but I know there will be lots of imperium spam lists:

Outrider Detachment +1CP

2xHQ:
Coldsar Commander-warlord
HO Burst,MP
+ATS +SG
2xShield Drone

Cadre Fireblade
+marker light
2xMarker Drone

6xFAST Atack:

6xGun Drone
6xGun Drone
6xGun Drone
6xGun Drone
6xGun Drone
10x Kroot Hound

1xElite:
3xStealth Suit
3xDrone Controler

1xTroops:
5xFire Warrior
Markerlight

Supreme Command Detachment +1CP

3xHQ
Commander
4xFusion Blaster
2xShield Drone

Commander
4xFusion Blaster
2xShield Drone

Commander
4xCyclic Ion Blaster
2xShield Drone

1xElite
3xCrisis Suit
8xCyclic Ion Blaster
1xDrone Controler
6xDrone (4xGun 2xMarker)

Last edited by Adas on Sep 08 2017 12:29, edited 1 time in total.

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Re: 1500 for tournament

Post#2 » Sep 07 2017 02:50

I recommend dropping a squad of gun drones and getting some pathfinders. Not enough reliable lights for your multiple commanders to get uses out of it. Please you need some redundancy so that when you lose a few you don't lose your 97% hit chance on your commanders.

Sheeb
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Sep 07 2017 03:30

A drone controller somewhere would greatly increase the gun drones accuracy. I'd try and find a place, but i like the gun drones.

Larlock
Shas

Post#4 » Sep 07 2017 04:10

You don't need three drone controllers on the stealth suits. Only one. You have to trace 6" from that specific model, and remove him as a casualty last, but hey that's -10 points that you can spend elsewhere.

Shas' berries
Shas

Post#5 » Sep 07 2017 04:16

I like to run a missile pod commander with drone controller, in the blob of drones. The drones take out midfield targets while the MP commander supports the coldstar and crisis team.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#6 » Sep 07 2017 07:34

Looks like a solid list! I'd make a couple of small changes though- bring in a small squad of Pathfinders, drop the Kroot Hounds and Fire Warriors to make room, and shift the wargear around a little to make room for a few more Gun Drones as well as a few Rail Rifles. What do you think of this list?

-

HQ - Commander w/ 4x Fusion Blasters; 2 Shield Drones (176)
HQ - Commander w/ 4x Cyclic Ion Blasters; 2x Shield Drones (154)
HQ - Coldstar Commander w/ ATS, Shield Generator (150)
HQ - Cadre Fireblade w/ Markerlight (42)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 2x Drone Controllers (100)
Elites - 3x XV8s w/ 8x CIBs, 1x Drone Controller; 6x Gun Drones (323)
Fast Attack - 6x Gun Drones (48)
Fast Attack - 10x Pathfinders w/ 7x Markerlights, 3x Rail Rifles (137)

Total: 1498 - Command Points: 6 (1 Supreme Command Detachment, 2 Outrider Detachments)

-

What do you think?

Adas
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Sep 08 2017 12:44

I like pathfinder but I have one big problem with them, they cannot survive past turn one, enemy always focus on them.
And i have only 3x Ion Rifle glued.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#8 » Sep 08 2017 05:17

Adas wrote:I like pathfinder but I have one big problem with them, they cannot survive past turn one, enemy always focus on them.
And i have only 3x Ion Rifle glued.

If you don't have Rail Rifles, that's okay- Ion Rifles are great too. And the trick with Pathfinders is to deploy them as far back as you can, really. Their purpose is to use their Markerlights 100%, so deploy them far back and in cover. Anyway, here's an alternative list:

-

HQ - Commander w/ 4x Cyclic Ion Blasters; 2x Shield Drones (154)
HQ - Coldstar Commander w/ ATS, Shield Generator (150)
HQ - Cadre Fireblade w/ Markerlight (42)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 2x Drone Controllers (100)
Elites - 3x XV8s w/ 8x CIBs, 1x Drone Controller; 6x Gun Drones (323)
Fast Attack - 10x Pathfinders w/ 7x Markerlights, 3x Ion Rifles (92)

Total: 1501 - Command Points: 6 (1 Supreme Command Detachment, 2 Outrider Detachments)

-

By the way, if you have a second Fireblade, that might be good to include too. Just having one means your Drones need to stick together. Not a bad thing, just reduces flexibility a little. What do you think?

Adas
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » Sep 08 2017 06:20

Newer thought about second fireblade but maybe in short future i will buy him.

Meatstick
Shas'Saal

Post#10 » Sep 08 2017 06:27

I think you should maybe drop the firewarrior squad for 2 firesight marksman. They are pretty cheap, have a 3+ to hit, 3 wounds, 2+ armor save in cover annnnddddd THEY HAVE THE CHARACTER RULE! So they can't be killed first turn.

gualtikhan
Shas

Post#11 » Sep 11 2017 05:52

I can't see why taking shield drone on the commanders, in my opinion is much better giving them two marker drone, drop the Coldstar (it never worths its points) and taking another Cib commander with no ATS but instead a drone controller. Also, as stated before, consider taking two Firesight Marksman. The pathfinders are poorly durable and they are going to die in the first turn against 90% of your opponents. Another simple trick is to split the drones in minimum sized units to force your opponent to split his anti infantry fire over multiple small target increasing your chance to survive, the only downside of this is that you are going second, but with this kind of list is not necessarily a problem and probably you are going to play as second either way.

Panzer
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#12 » Sep 11 2017 06:04

gualtikhan wrote:I can't see why taking shield drone on the commanders, in my opinion is much better giving them two marker drone, drop the Coldstar (it never worths its points) and taking another Cib commander with no ATS but instead a drone controller. Also, as stated before, consider taking two Firesight Marksman. The pathfinders are poorly durable and they are going to die in the first turn against 90% of your opponents. Another simple trick is to split the drones in minimum sized units to force your opponent to split his anti infantry fire over multiple small target increasing your chance to survive, the only downside of this is that you are going second, but with this kind of list is not necessarily a problem and probably you are going to play as second either way.

Shield Drones on Commander because due the Character rule the opponent first has to chew through two models with T4 Sv4++ and a 5+ FnP each. Definitely worth it.

Coldstar is worth it as well. I can't think of any scoring unit that's this fast and the damage output is decent. It can also easily tie up a shooty unit in melee (say hello to Lascannon Devastators/Havocs) if you position the rest of your army properly and build up enough pressure.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#13 » Sep 11 2017 06:34

gualtikhan wrote:The pathfinders are poorly durable and they are going to die in the first turn against 90% of your opponents.

Put your Pathfinders in cover, at the rear of your army, and (if possible) up high. Force your opponent to use their longer-range guns on them, or rapid-fire guns using the single shot profile. If you put 8 Pathfinders in cover, it would take a ton of boltguns to kill them all. 36 shots to be exact, which is over 400 points worth of Space Marines. All to kill 64 points of Pathfinders. Get them in cover and behind your main line, and you'll have it easier- not easy, but easier.

gualtikhan wrote:drop the Coldstar (it never worths its points)

As Panzer mentioned, yeah, the Coldstar is an interesting unit. Unlike most Tau units, its function isn't to unleash devastating amounts of firepower, but rather to secure objectives, pick off small units, tie up shooting units, and generally be a nuisance. Every time you score an extra objective or tie up a powerful unit, think about it as accruing advantage over your opponent. There are more ways to gain the upper hand than just killing things.

That said though, using the Coldstar is counter-intuitive and tricky. Unless you're willing to use it really assertively and harass your opponent, it's probably not worth it.

Adas
Shas'Saal

Post#14 » Sep 14 2017 02:12

I'm after first test game against old Death Guard with 40 pox walkers, 2x drone, 4xdaemon prince, typhus and some sorcerer. His list was close combat oriented but hard to crack, tabled him in 6 turn with loss of all commanders and most drones.
I will put second firecadre instead fire warriors and maybe pathfinders instead of kroothounds. I love my Coldstar, he is not my striker but very tactical tool with his speed, and when he is my Warlord my enemy lost his nerve about how hard is to kill coldstar (speed, stats and character rule is great combo).
Shield drones for commanders to make them more hard to kill in my opinion are better than marker drone (maybe not for CiB commander)
Crisi suits works nice as shield for my commander bomb.
That was my firs game with CiB in list, now I love its multipurpose stats (marker lights helps a lot)

Adas
Shas'Saal

Post#15 » Sep 14 2017 12:57

My new version of this list:

Outrider Detachment +1CP

2xHQ:
Coldsar Commander-warlord
HO Burst,MP
+ATS +Shield gen 150

Cadre Fireblade
+marker light 42

6xFAST Atack:

6xGun Drone 48
6xGun Drone 48
6xGun Drone 48
6xGun Drone 48
5xGun Drone 40
5xPathfinder 40

3xElite:
3xStealth Suit
3xDrone Controler 105

Farsight marksman 24

Farsight marksman 24

Supreme Command Detachment +1CP

4xHQ
Commander
4xFusion Blaster 160
2xShield Drone 16

Commander
4xFusion Blaster 160
2xShield Drone 16

Commander
4xCyclic Ion Blaster 148
2xShield Drone 16

Cadre Fireblade
+marker light 42

1xElite
3xCrisis Suit
8xCyclic Ion Blaster
1xDrone Controler 275
6xGun Drone 48

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#16 » Sep 14 2017 07:39

Adas wrote:My new version of this list

I admit I don't like the Firesight Marksmen much, but otherwise this is a great list. Try it out and let us know how it goes!

Return to “Cadre Building”