Tidehunter Contingent: Judgement: 2000pt ITC List

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
GuidingOlive
Shas'Saal

Tidehunter Contingent: Judgement: 2000pt ITC List

Post#1 » Sep 09 2017 02:00

2 months have passed since the BAO. In that time I've had a lot of time to go over the areas that could have been improved upon and the ways I could build a better mousetrap. In my list at the BAO I used a liberal amount of Commanders and a Y'Vahra but felt that both the Y'Vahra and Coldstar needed much more support for what they do. So I looked into replacing my Distractifex unit and shoring up the weaknesses that still persisted. This is the list that has come from that.

Tidehunter Contingent Judgement (6 CP, 1992 pts)
Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [32 PL, 659pts]

HQ

Commander [2x MV1 Gun Drone] [3x Cyclic ion blaster, Multi-tracker]

Longstrike [Railgun, 2x Smart Missile System]

Outrider Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [39 PL, 729pts]

HQ
Cadre Fireblade [2x MV1 Gun Drone]

Cadre Fireblade [2x MV1 Gun Drone]

Fast Attack
Tactical Drones: 4x MV1 Gun Drone

Heavy Support
TX7 Hammerhead [Railgun, 2x Smart Missile System]
TX7 Hammerhead [Railgun, 2x Smart Missile System]

Dedicated Transport
TY7 Devilfish [2x MV1 Gun Drone] [Burst Cannon]

Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [28 PL, 604pts]

HQ
Commander [2x MV1 Gun Drone] [Drone Controller, 3x Fusion Blaster]

The Game Plan is much the same as the previous list of its type. Hammerheads are used for long range duty and to strip off wounds of any infantry that dares come near. The Devilfish will try to move to where I'll drop in. Then the drops will come in and I'll crash into them like the waves of Poseidon. However, this time the Devilfish's payload will be to reinforce the mass drone losses I'll be sure to suffer through. Hammerheads will stay on objectives as best they can, the Devilfish will try to score on the opposite end of the board. Anything else is gravy. I'm always appreciative of feedback and hope to hear some. Thank you for your Contributions to the Greater Good. Have a Nice Day.

nic
Kroot'La
Kroot'La

Re: Tidehunter Contingent: Judgement: 2000pt ITC List

Post#2 » Sep 09 2017 05:28

I tend to find the Hammerhead a little under-gunned. If you can find some suitable parts and do not mind kit-bashing (or have access to the originals somehow) the Forgeworld turrets can IMO give a better firepower balance for our tanks.

Longstrike - Railgun
Hammerhead 2 x HYMP
Hammerhead 2 x HYMP

Feels like it would cut through some of the nasty AM builds well while having the sort of massed firepower you would need against Daemon Horror/Character Smite spam lists. As you would want to play these more aggressively I would probably go with the drones on the Hammerheads rather than the rather pricey SMS - they combine nicely with the Cadre Fireblade too.

Personally I would swap out one of the Commanders for a Coldstar. S/he can deploy on the table to declare Mont'ka to get your tanks moving fast on turn 1 and has some nice positioning anti-character tricks that your opponent has to defend against which can restrict their movement options much better than Manta-striking commanders. The firepower is a bit on the ordinary side so one is probably enough for a list of this sort.

Return to “Cadre Building”