1k Points, help me finish!

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
FastSalad
Shas

1k Points, help me finish!

Post#1 » Sep 11 2017 05:28

Hello Folks,

Working on my first 1k list. Currently sitting on 555pts, not sure how to fill out that gap. I'm thinking of using a Crisis suit team armed with Fusion blasters, and possibly adding a homing beacon to my stealth teams?

Current game plan is keeping my Fire warriors and Fireblade at the back as a shooting line, Piranha is there to tie up opponents heavy armour/big beasties. Stealth suits seem like a good mid-line hunting force, and the Coldstar can get to those hard to reach targets/get behind the lines, etc.

Within my gaming circle I'd have Astra Militarium, 2 x Space marines and possibly 'Nids as my opponents.

Any advice welcome.

Spoiler!
HQ
- Coldstar Commander, 106pts
ATS, Shield Gen.

- Cadre Fireblade, 39pts
Markerlight.

TROOPS
- Strike Team, 80pts
8 x Pulse Rifles, 2 x Gun Drone.

- Strike Team, 80pts
8 x Pulse Rifles, 2 x Gun Drone.

FAST ATTACK
Pathfinders, 79pts
5 x Markerlights, 2 x Rail Rifles.

Piranha, 66pts
Fusion Blaster.

ELITES
Stealth Battlesuits, 105
Target Lock, Fusion Blaster, 3 x ATS

MNGamer
Shas'Saal

Re: 1k Points, help me finish!

Post#2 » Sep 11 2017 01:43

What other models do you have to work with in your army?
Even when broken, a sword may still cut~Aun'ko'vash

FastSalad
Shas

Post#3 » Sep 11 2017 03:36

1 x Devilfish
5 x Breacher Fire Warriors
3 x Crisis suits (Not given 'em weapons yet, so loadout isnt a problem)

Possibly picking up a Ghostkeel soon too, but looking to dial down on the spending and just get what I'd use for games for the time being.

MNGamer
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Sep 11 2017 05:10

I would go with something like this:
+++ New Roster (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [53 PL, 1000pts] +++

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (T'au Empire) ++

+ HQ +

Cadre Fireblade: Markerlight, 2x MV1 Gun Drone

Commander in XV86 Coldstar Battlesuit: Advanced targeting system, High-output burst cannon, Missile pod, Shield generator

+ Troops +

Strike Team: 2x MV1 Gun Drone
Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse rifle
7x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

Strike Team: 2x MV1 Gun Drone
Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse rifle
7x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

+ Elites +

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits
2x Stealth Shas'ui w/ Advanced targeting system: 2x Advanced targeting system, 2x Burst cannon
Stealth Shas'vre: Fusion blaster, Shield generator

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits: 6x MV1 Gun Drone
Crisis Shas'ui: Flamer, 2x Fusion blaster
Crisis Shas'ui: Flamer, 2x Fusion blaster
Crisis Shas'vre: Drone controller, 2x Fusion blaster

+ Fast Attack +

Pathfinder Team: MV4 Shield Drone
4x Pathfinder: 4x Markerlight
Pathfinder Shas'ui: Markerlight
2x Pathfinder w/ Rail Rifle: 2x Rail rifle

TX4 Piranhas
TX4 Piranha w/ FB: Fusion blaster, 2x MV1 Gun Drone

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

Set up a gun line with the warriors and fire blade, have the drones and piranha run an anti-charge screen in front. keep the stealth suits and pathfinders together and use the marker lights to light up tough targets. deep strike the crisis and drones 18" inches away from the target, the drones take hits for the suits and shoot at any infantry. the flamers on the suits will deter charges by infantry. the cold star will harass enemy vehicles by charging and then falling back and shooting at softer targets the next turn. if you haven't already, magnetize the weapons on everything bigger than a stealth suit. if you are playing an objective game the gun line sits on your deployment objective, the stealth suits and crisis take a midfield objective, and the cold star can try for a lightly defended enemy objective. breachers are nice, but they really need a devilfish and 1000 points is too small of a game to be worth the investment.
Even when broken, a sword may still cut~Aun'ko'vash

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#5 » Sep 11 2017 07:54

I like your list MNGamer! I think it'd be better if the XV8s had CIBs and the Commander was 4x Fusion, not Coldstar, but I assume Fastsalad you don't have a regular Commander? That's okay if you don't!

By the way, Fastsalad- in your original list, it looks like you didn't calculate the points costs for your units correctly. Remember, you add the cost of wargear to the units' base costs! So, for example, Coldstar Commanders cost 90 points base, plus 44 for their High-Yield Burst Cannon + Missile Pod, plus another 16 points for the ATS and Shield Generator- so, 150 points. Anyway, good to watch out for!

Anyway, I'd try and reduce the number of small Drone teams at least- here's what I'd do, using MNGamer's list as a base:

-

HQ - Coldstar Commander w/ ATS, Shield Generator (150)
HQ - Cadre Fireblade w/ Markerlight (42)
Troops - 8x Fire Warriors (64)
Troops - 8x Fire Warriors (64)
Troops - 5x Breachers (40)
Elites - 3x XV8s w/ 6x Fusion Blasters, 2x Flamers, 1x Drone Controller; 6x Gun Drones (323)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 2x Burst Cannons, 2x ATS, 1x Fusion Blaster, 1x Shield Generator (125)
Fast Attack - 8x Pathfinders w/ 5x Markerlights, 3x Rail Rifles (121)
Fast Attack - Piranha w/ Burst Cannon; 2x Gun Drones (71)

Total: 1000 - Command Points: 6 (1 Battalion Detachment)

-

What do you think?

FastSalad
Shas

Post#6 » Sep 12 2017 08:07

Cheers for the replies guys

You've both confirmed what I was expecting to put on anyway, Crisis suits. Thee 2 Fusion 1 flamer works for me too, so thats a definate. I'll have another flick through the book, and post up a finalised list soon.

@Arka Didn't spot that with the price of the Coldstars equipment. I was thinking his 'comes with' equipment was included for some reason!

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#7 » Sep 12 2017 07:15

FastSalad wrote:You've both confirmed what I was expecting to put on anyway, Crisis suits. Thee 2 Fusion 1 flamer works for me too, so thats a definate. I'll have another flick through the book, and post up a finalised list soon.

If, for whatever reason, you can't field Markerlights, then 2x Fusion Blaster + 1x Multi-Tracker is a solid loadout too. Of course, the best way to field Fusion Blasters is on a Commander :D

Return to “Cadre Building”