September 1500 pt tournament list

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Blindeye
Shas'Saal

September 1500 pt tournament list

Post#1 » Sep 14 2017 11:32

Hey Everyone,

Back with the latest rendition of my tournament list. A few changes from last month. Stealthsuits are taking more of a support role and Ghostkeel is going full anti vehicle due to the local meta being vehicle heavy. Switched the commanders to full guns no support systems and threw in some marker Drones to help ensure those reroll 1s to hit. Besides that much the same as last month. This tournament bans Supreme Command Detachments the missions are mainly maelstrom.

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (T'au Empire) [52 PL, 990pts] ++

+ HQ +

Commander [7 PL, 176pts]: 4x Fusion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone

Commander [7 PL, 176pts]: 4x Fusion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone

Commander [7 PL, 168pts]: 4x Cyclic ion blaster, 2x MV7 Marker Drone

+ Troops +

Strike Team [3 PL, 40pts]: 5x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

+ Elites +

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits [12 PL, 145pts]: Homing beacon
. 3x Stealth Shas'ui w/o support system: 3x Burst cannon
. Stealth Shas'vre: Burst cannon, Drone controller

XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit [10 PL, 205pts]: 2x Fusion blaster, Fusion collider, 2x MV5 Stealth Drone, Stimulant injector, Target lock

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [30 PL, 505pts] ++

+ HQ +

Cadre Fireblade [2 PL, 42pts]: Markerlight

Commander [7 PL, 168pts]: 4x Cyclic ion blaster, 2x MV7 Marker Drone

+ Fast Attack +

Pathfinder Team [3 PL, 40pts]
. 5x Pathfinder: 5x Markerlight

Pathfinder Team [3 PL, 40pts]
. 5x Pathfinder: 5x Markerlight

Tactical Drones [4 PL, 40pts]: 5x MV1 Gun Drone

Tactical Drones [4 PL, 48pts]: 6x MV1 Gun Drone

+ Dedicated Transport +

TY7 Devilfish [7 PL, 127pts]: 2x MV1 Gun Drone, Burst cannon

++ Total: [82 PL, 1495pts] ++

Thoughts? Feedback / constructive criticism most welcome.
Through Unity Devastation.
Blindeye Cadre Log

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: September 1500 pt tournament list

Post#2 » Sep 14 2017 07:44

I like this list a lot. The only things I'd change would be to add a Seeker Missile to that Devilfish- can't stop at 1495! Gotta hit that 1500! :D

Anyway, let us know how those Marker Drones work. I feel like they'd be killed too easily, but the bonus Markerlights would be nice.

Blindeye
Shas'Saal

Re: September 1500 pt tournament list

Post#3 » Oct 01 2017 03:12

The Tournament finally happened this month and I ended up taking second place with this list! Last few months I've been right at the edge of the standings placing 4th or 5th so I was excited to finally place top 3 this month!

The list performed well, it is versatile and gives allot of flexibility which I love. All the games were maelstrom missions, with some secondary eternal war objectives like bonuses for killing heavy supports or take and hold certain objectives.

Game 1 I played against Ultramarines (hell blasters, primaris captain and lieutenant in repulsor) + assassins, a stormtalen and a sniper team. I went second the assassins came in and killed some fire warriors and pathfinders. Repulsor came forwards and popped smokes the stormtalon killed some stuff but nothing important. My turn 1 I dropped the commanders and popped the talon and two of 4 assassins. Took a few wounds off the repulsor with the Ghostkeel. Grabbed all the objectives and domination for 5 VP. His turn two the repulsor and hell blasters killed stuff but character rules prevented him from doing anything to the commanders. Retaliated by destroying the repulsor and most of the hellblasters still grabbing points. He conceded after the 3rd round, giving me a major victory round 1.

Game 2 was against my chaos nemisis. He plays pretty competitively and has won the last three monthly events. His lists are made up of demon engines, cheap demons for bubble wrap and phsykers for smite. We've met second round each month. I'm slowly figuring out his strengths and weaknesses and working towards beating him. This month was the closest I ever have gotten. I got first turn and destroyed a mauler fiend right off the bat which was nice. He retaliated by killing the Ghost keel his turn 1. He had a nasty combo with three deepstriking obliterators, some physic powers and a stratagem to let them fire twice. I killed them and one of two helldrakes in my turn 2. Back and forth game but I couldn't keep up with the points. Made a few key mistakes, holding onto the domination card for to long when it wasn't obtainable and area denial. Despite having a good board position most of the game I can in two points under him in the final round. Great game and I feel like I played well. Forgot to reroll 1s from a markerlight hit with gun drones at one point which may have actually been super important due to character rules coming in for later shooting, and forgot about the stims on the ghostkeel but not sure that would have mattered. Will remember for next time! So a minor defeat for me round 2 and a minor victory for my opponent.

Game 3 was against an ork list! First time I've played against orks this edition. He had a Gargantuan Squigoth! 35 wounds on that sucker and 20 rocket launchers riding on it, 70 so boys, 3 plasma cannons with 15 grots, a big mek and a weird boy. He went first and teleported 30 shootas with the weird boy killing a few firewarriors and pathfinders. He made a huge mistake here of teleporting them on the side of the table where my devilfish drone combo was nearby... I don't think he understood the damage potential of that combo. The plasma cannons and rockets evaporated the devilfish but everyone survived. Disembarking just out of charge range of the boys. The Squigoth advanced. My turn 1 I moved my line up to 18inches from the squigoth and set up all my commanders and ghostkeel to shoot at it. I had big game hunter so my game plan became take the thing down. Moved the drones up on the 30 boys that had teleported. I fired everything at the squigoth taking off 17/35 wounds. This brought it to the first stage of degradation which was important for the next turn, but I was hoping to do more. Rolled lost of 1s and 2 for damage rolls with fusion blasters. Drones supported by the fireblade and stealth suits with drone controller killed all 30 boys with ease. His turn 2 he was pretty discouraged he moved the squigoth up and teleported the weirdboy on a flank. His shooting killed drones and firewarriors but character rules pervented him from targeting any of my big guns and the ghostkeel stealthed its way out of a rocket barrage. He then declared a multicharge with the squigoth. The most terriftying moment of the game as it does D6 mortal wounds to all enemies within 1" of it in the fight phase. I fired everything in overwatch starting with markerlights got a lucky 6 so I could reroll 1s and proceed to remove 15 more wounds from the beast bringing it down to just 3 wounds but I couldn't finish it. He rolled the long charge and failed even after rerolling taking all the wind from his sails, then rolled the weirdboys charge and failed that with reroll as well. It was down hill from their the next turn I moved up killing his squigoth and most of the rockets inside along with the weirdboy some grots and two of the plasma cannons. He conceded as I held the entire map and was up in points. I ended up scoring like 20+ points due to holding all the objectives at the end of the game, which I think was a big factor in me taking second at the end of the tournament.

Pleased with this list and happy with my result. Excited to finish up painting it as this tournament will have painting and basing requirements soon!
Through Unity Devastation.
Blindeye Cadre Log

Return to “Cadre Building”