2k points for casual gaming

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Kiran Tau
Shas'Saal

2k points for casual gaming

Post#1 » Sep 22 2017 03:15

Hi

In my local store is there a lot of players that play a variety of different armies, though mostly marines. I am to create (as the topic states) a casual list that is good but also a little fluffy. I furthermore feel that T'au should utilize our markerlights more and this is the reason for this list. I have included the Riptide since i love the model and in my latest game (with 5 commanders) was it really really good together with like 10 shield drones, this survived 2 stormsurges and 2 railheads for several turns, as well as reaching the SS in order to tie them in combat. The idea with the marksmen is that it is untargetable markerlights behind my riptide or devilfish, so i should reliably press 4 markerlights out before strike teams and 6 markerdrones in support of my misslemander.
I don't want to spam commanders albeit they are VERY good for their points, it just feels wrong to me.

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (T'au Empire) [775pts] ++

+ HQ +

Commande:
Drone controller
3x Missile pod

Commander:
4x Fusion blaster

+ Troops +

Breacher Team:
MV36 Guardian Drone
. 9x Fire Warrior
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Markerlight

Strike Team:
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Markerlight, Pulse rifle
. 4x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

Strike Team:

Strike Team:

Strike Team:

+ Elites +

Firesight Marksman: Markerlight

+ Dedicated Transport +

TY7 Devilfish: 2x MV1 Gun Drone, Burst cannon

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [ 1024pts] ++

+ HQ +

Darkstrider

+ Elites +

XV104 Riptide Battlesuit:
2x Smart missile system
Advanced targeting system
Heavy burst cannon
Stimulant injector

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits:
6x MV1 Gun Drone
. Crisis Shas'ui: Flamer, 2x Fusion blaster
. Crisis Shas'ui: Flamer, 2x Fusion blaster
. Crisis Shas'vre: Flamer, 2x Fusion blaster

XV9 Hazard Support Team:
4x MV1 Gun Drone
. XV9 Hazard Battlesuit: Advanced targeting system, 2x Double-barelled burst cannon
. XV9 Hazard Battlesuit: Advanced targeting system, 2x Double-barelled burst cannon

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [198pts] ++

+ HQ +

Cadre Fireblade: Markerlight

+ Fast Attack +

Tactical Drones: 6x MV7 Marker Drone

Tactical Drones: 6x MV4 Shield Drone

Tactical Drones: 6x MV4 Shield Drone

[b]++ Total: [1997 pts] ++ [\b]

Hope you like it and will help improve :fear: :fear:
Shas'el Au'taal Elan'B (Strong Shepherd)

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: 2k points for casual gaming

Post#2 » Sep 22 2017 04:58

Looks like a solid list- however, what's your meta like? Is it all infantry? This list seems to pack an absolutely massive amount of anti-infantry firepower. You have a Fire Warrior/Fireblade gunline, three XV9s with DBBCs/Gun Drones/ATS, an anti-infantry Riptide, and a few Gun Drones in for good measure.

If you're going for a fluffy list, you should drop some of the Battlesuits and add more Fire Warriors, Devilfish, and probably an Ethereal.

If you want to be more competetive, try and shift in more anti-tank at the cost of some Battlesuit-mounted anti-infantry units.

What sounds better to you?

Kiran Tau
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Sep 22 2017 07:58

thank you for responding Arka, its alway constructive.

Well its not highly competitive, but people are using what they think is good, and there are some decent tacticians. I get your point in that i pack a lot of anti-infantry firepower, though i must say i feel that S5/-1 is somewhat one of the best weaponprofiles - in that it is cheep and for the most part it will make the carrier of invulnerable saves obsolete, ex. terminator with Stormshield, or crisis with shield gen.

The meta contains 3 imperial guard players (no conscript spam yet), one ork player with only rocket boys, mixed necron, marines (one goes with deathwatch, one with azreal with tank-spam, one with salamander infantry spam, one with primaris and rowboat girlyman) one player has ad mech with a lot of kastellans (damn those are sick), and a tyranid player just to list the first that comes to mind.
Shas'el Au'taal Elan'B (Strong Shepherd)

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Sep 23 2017 02:02

Makes sense. Here's what I'd do in that case. Give the Fusion Commander a pair of Shield Drones. Drop the Guardian Drone from the Breachers, as well as their Markerlight. Switch the Riptide's Stimulant Injector for a Target Lock. Switch the XV9s' Gun Drones for Shield Drones. Replace the Firesight Marksmen and Marker Drone unit for some Pathfinders. Here's how I'd run this kind of list:

-

HQ - Commander w/ 4x Fusion Blasters; 2x Shield Drones (176)
HQ - Commander w/ 3x Missile Pods, ATS (156)
HQ - Cadre Fireblade w/ Markerlight (42)
HQ - Darkstrider (45)
Troops - 10x Breachers (80)
Troops - 10x Fire Warriors (80)
Troops - 10x Fire Warriors (80)
Dedicated Transport - Devilfish w/ Burst Cannon; 2x Gun Drones (127)
Elites - Riptide w/ Heavy Burst Cannon, 2x SMS, Target Lock, ATS (324)
Elites - 3x XV8s w/ 6x Fusion Blasters, 2x Flamers, 1x Drone Controller; 6x Gun Drones (323)
Elites - 3x XV9s w/ 6x Double-Barreled Burst Cannons, 3x ATS; 4x Shield Drones (333)
Fast Attack - 8x Pathfinders w/ 5x Markerlights, 3x Rail Rifles (121)
Fast Attack - 8x Pathfinders w/ 8x Markerlights (64)
Fast Attack - 6x Shield Drones (48)

Total: 1999 - Command Points: 8 (1 Battalion Detachment, 1 Vanguard Detachment, 1 Outrider Detachment)

-

What do you think?

Shas'o P'ikle R'ik
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Sep 24 2017 04:42

For fluff, it seems like your list uses a lot experimental suits geared towards anti-infantry and infiltration. So maybe choosing Ion weapons could go along with the experimental theme of your army could solve both issues? If there's anything I'm missing let me know.
Excited to see the final polished list. :)

Return to “Cadre Building”