1600 - almoust horde :)

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Adas
Shas'Saal

1600 - almoust horde :)

Post#1 » Sep 22 2017 06:40

Batalion +3cp

Etheral on foot 45

Darkstrider 45

Coldstar
ATS, Shield Generator 150

6xFire Warrior 48

6xFire Warrior 48

6xFire Warrior 48

5xPathfinder 40

5xPathfiner 40

Batalion +3cp

Commander
4xFussion Blaster 160
2xShield Drone 16

Commander
4xFussion Blaster 160
2xShield Drone 16

Commander
3xCyclic Ion Blaster, Drone Controler 135

6xFire Warrior 48

6xFire Warrior 48

6xFire Warrior 48

Ghoskeel
CiR, 2xBC, TL, ATS 161

2xStealth Drone 20

Oughtrider +1cp

Cadre Fireblade 42

Cadre Fireblade 42

5xGun Drone 40

5xGun Drone 40

5xGun Drone 40

5xGun Drone 40

5xGun Drone 40

5xGun Drone 40

Center of list is big blob of drones and FW witch character support, two commanders go to manta and Ghostkeel is for distract enemy.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: 1600 - almoust horde :)

Post#2 » Sep 23 2017 01:28

Looks like a fun list! However, I think we can reduce the number of drops a bit- let's take Fire Warriors in groups of 10, and Gun Drones in groups of 6. Those numbers work pretty well. Also, with such a huge number of infantry, Aun'va would be fantastic for this army. Overall though we need more anti-tank and anti-elite firepower. Pulse weapons are great, but a few more solutions would be nice too. Let's increase the Pathfinder squad size, and give them some Ion Rifles.

-

HQ - Aun'va, Master of the Undying Spirit; 2x Ethereal Honour Guard (75)
HQ - Cadre Fireblade w/ Markerlight (42)
HQ - Cadre Fireblade w/ Markerlight (42)
HQ - Commander w/ 4x Fusion Blasters; 2x Shield Drones (176)
HQ - Commander w/ 4x Fusion Blasters; 2x Shield Drones (176)
HQ - Commander w/ 3x Cyclic Ion Blasters, 1x Drone Controller (135)
HQ - Coldstar Commander w/ High-Yield Burst Cannon, Missile Pod, Shield Generator, ATS (150)
Troops - 10x Fire Warriors (80)
Elites - Ghostkeel w/ Cyclic Ion Raker, 2x Burst Cannons, Target Lock, ATS; 2x Stealth Drones (181)
Fast Attack - 6x Gun Drones (48)
Fast Attack - 10x Pathfinders w/ 7x Markerlights, 3x Ion Rifles (92)
Fast Attack - 10x Pathfinders w/ 7x Markerlights, 3x Ion Rifles (92)

Total: 1593 - Command Points: 9 (1 Supreme Command Detachment, 1 Battalion Detachment, 2 Outrider Detachments)

-

I still think there are some things to do- like dropping the Coldstar in favor of Stealthsuits with one or two Drone Controllers, and giving the CIB Commander an ATS, but we can discuss that later. Anyway, what do you think?

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Sep 25 2017 09:41

Arka, I believe the OP is trying to keep to the standard 3 detachments where smaller groups of FW's are needed to make the two battalions. One criticism I have for the list is that I generally do not condone the use of two fireblades in a list built like this. There is no need since you aren't running one in a fish and one with your gunline. The redundancy here is irrelevant since characters are so well protected these days.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Sep 25 2017 07:58

Yojimbob wrote:Arka, I believe the OP is trying to keep to the standard 3 detachments where smaller groups of FW's are needed to make the two battalions.

Eh, don't limit yourself. Sure we lose a Command Point but the original list had around 50% more drops. This way is slimmer and barely sacrifices anything for it, I think.

Yojimbob wrote:One criticism I have for the list is that I generally do not condone the use of two fireblades in a list built like this. There is no need since you aren't running one in a fish and one with your gunline. The redundancy here is irrelevant since characters are so well protected these days.

Two Fireblades was Adas' choice, but I agree with you- it shouldn't be too hard to make a two/three-line arrangement with three Fire Warrior squads and four Gun Drone squads where the Fireblade can buff all of them. I could see dropping a Fireblade and a Drone squad for some Stealthsuits, or those units plus the Coldstar for a Hammerhead. What do you think?

Adas
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Sep 26 2017 07:58

I am after game against super friends (Guliman, Celestine, 2x sniper assasins, 4xcalixus assasins, DA character on bike, 3x wolf lords on wolfs).

I lost by points after 5 turn and only one Cadre survived. I killed most of his characters exept guliman (2 wounds left), wolf lord (one W left) and two snipers. Now I know that I must find better balance betwen dakka and some better AP weapons (Celestine is 14 wounds with 2+sv to kill)

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#6 » Sep 26 2017 08:04

Adas wrote:I am after game against super friends (Guliman, Celestine, 2x sniper assasins, 4xcalixus assasins, DA character on bike, 3x wolf lords on wolfs).

I lost by points after 5 turn and only one Cadre survived. I killed most of his characters exept guliman (2 wounds left), wolf lord (one W left) and two snipers. Now I know that I must find better balance betwen dakka and some better AP weapons (Celestine is 14 wounds with 2+sv to kill)

Sounds like a tough list!

For better AP weapons, Cyclic Ion Blasters w/ ATS can be viable (on Commanders and XV8s), Fusion Blasters and Rail Rifles are great, and Plasma Rifles are situational but if you need good AP they might be viable. Might.

Return to “Cadre Building”