The Adorable 2000pts Tau

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Silvtalon
Shas

The Adorable 2000pts Tau

Post#1 » Oct 01 2017 09:06

First of all this list is mainly for fun and honestly a bit over kill for my tastes so... I dub'd it The Adorable.

CP: 7
Power Points: 105
Army Points: 1998

HQ
Aun'Shi
Shadowsun + Drones

Aun'shi is here for two reasons to give my infantry a 6+ sense of stone and lastly to be a annoying HQ to kill for a standard tau if it comes to that.

Shadowsun herself has a bigger roll, providing her commander buff for two full turns to all units close by which will be Strike teams, pathfinders and the stormsurge. As well as a few other minor abilities and having a few fusion blasters at close range will come in handy often.

Troops
3 strike teams of 5 tau

Fast attack
2 full squads of pathfinders

Just the run of the mill units you will normally need. Nothing really note worthy to mention honestly.

Elite
Firesight marksmen

Heavy attack
Sniper Drone team

To deal with characters and to provide basic fire support if needed to deal with hordes or infantry. A great flanking unit.
---

Detachment 2
Longstrike

3x Hammer Heads + Rails +smart missile systems + 2x Seeker Missiles

Mainly to deal with heavy targets or monsters as well as provide strong support vs hordes. Great for flanking the enemy forces.

---
Detachment 3 (super heavy auxiliary)
Storm Surge, pulse driver cannon, smart missile system, burst cannons, destroyer missiles, cluster rocket system, stim injectors, advanced targeting array, shield generator

The big nasty that everyone wants to eliminate fast. Along with the hammer heads and this guy it gives the enemy a good deal of targets they would need to deal with if they go after one they get hammered by the other.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: The Adorable 2000pts Tau

Post#2 » Oct 02 2017 07:30

I know this is a fun list, but if you drop Aun'shi, the Marksmen, the Sniper Drones, and 1-2 Hammerheads you'll have lots of room open to add more anti-infantry and anti-elite threats. Are you trying to improve the list, or just use as-is?

Silvtalon
Shas

Post#3 » Oct 02 2017 09:36

Just played the list tonight so I do plan on dropping the marksmen and sniper drones for something else. I am still considering on what to take, I am leaning more towards a deep strike commander fusion suit.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Oct 03 2017 05:59

Silvtalon wrote:Just played the list tonight so I do plan on dropping the marksmen and sniper drones for something else. I am still considering on what to take, I am leaning more towards a deep strike commander fusion suit.

Sounds like the right plan. Any other thoughts/realizations from the game?

Return to “Cadre Building”