Tau Power level abuse 100PL

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Panzer
Shas'Saal

Re: Tau Power level abuse 100PL

Post#19 » Oct 06 2017 08:33

Yeah but the difference is that with points GW could theoretically finetune things way better to achieve a better balancing than they can with PL. ^^

nic
Kroot'La
Kroot'La

Post#20 » Oct 06 2017 01:32

Panzer wrote:Yeah but the difference is that with points GW could theoretically finetune things way better to achieve a better balancing than they can with PL. ^^

Call me when it happens and I will gladly change my mind :D

The discrepancies between PL and Points do not always mean PL is broken. I could do a FW Tau list at 100 PL that would be pushing ridiculous points and it would not be a broken list at all - its just that the FW points on a lot of the Tau stuff just make no sense. Conversely AM mortar spam is dumb in points games but actually pretty reasonable and balanced in PL games.

In points the skew tends towards a certain kind of min-max spam, in PL it tends towards fully loaded unit spam. I am not really seeing one as fundamentally better than the other, they are just different. As it stands at the moment 8th edition probably plays most enjoyably when spam is limited by army construction rules. Whether you then use PL or points is probably far less of an issue.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#21 » Oct 06 2017 01:58

nic wrote:As it stands at the moment 8th edition probably plays most enjoyably when spam is limited by army construction rules. Whether you then use PL or points is probably far less of an issue.

I can agree on that.

zawyvern
Shas'Saal

Post#22 » Oct 18 2017 07:50

It does seem you need two lists, one for each system. It's like they had different teams working on each. And the teams assigned to Tau both did a crap job.

Return to “Cadre Building”