1500 pt event list building

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: 1500 pt event list building

Post#19 » Oct 20 2017 09:41

Lostroninsoul wrote:What is your optimal suggestion for a dc carrying crisis suit?

Honestly, I'd say, don't bother. Gun Drones are disposable, and you only get 6 in a squad. Each drone you lose represents lower efficiency and greater opportunity cost for the XV8s.

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#20 » Nov 03 2017 06:54

So I'm kind of sold on this list with the DC despite your suggestion. The reasoning is so I can carry marker light drones in reserve because I have a feeling my Pathfinders are going to be the first unit wiped off the board and I really want to have marker lighter support for the storm surge and crisis suits. Maybe it's wrong, maybe it's right. I just want my new toy (stormsurge: "Nova Fin") to have maximum support since I just finally assembled him last night. This his first battle debut and I have been working on him for weeks. I will probably drop the dc suit in future lists, but carting a Dc with 8 marker drones and a darkstrider should get me to 5 markerlights, even if my path finders have an untimely demise (which is extremely probable).

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#21 » Nov 03 2017 09:09

"Nova Fin"[437]: 2Burst ,ats, P-blastcannon, Shiel,Stim

++ Patrol Detachment [1063pts] ++
Commander [ 138pts]: Ats, 3x Cyclic ion blaster
Darkstrider [45pts]
Breacher Team [ 80pts]: 10x Fire Warrior,
XV8 Crisis suit[14 PL, 295pts]5Marker, 3 ats, 1dc ,5cib
XV8 Crisissuit [ 295pts] 4Marker,3 ats,6cib
Pathfinder Team [80pts]10x Pathfinder
Devilfish [ 127pts]: 2x MV1 Gun Drone, Burst cannon

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#22 » Nov 05 2017 03:26

So in a 3 round event I scored second at 3379 kill points. First scored 3419. While I can't say I beat an opponent's since no one was tabled. I always ended the final turn with a better board position than my opponents. I always had more points worth of models alive. The stormsurge was an all-star. I fell in love with the 20" pulse blaster mode. I discovered something neat. If I'm closer than 10 inches I can still select the midrange mode. The shooting profile isn't forced to change to closer range one. I always assumed it did. :). I was happy with the marker drone dc load out. The markerlight investment made deleting dangerous units easy. While I came in second. I always ended the match in better board states than my opponents. Stormsurge survived all 3 games. Commander died in all 3.

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#23 » Nov 10 2017 09:42

New event. Coming up so I'll post on here instead of starting a new thread:

Details
Warhammer 40K
Holiday Misgivings
$15 Entry
1500 Points

'Tis the season for some more Warhammer in the 40K universe! Holiday presents have rained down among the battlefield bringing gifts or bombs! Have you been naughty or nice this year?
6 Random presents will be scattered throughout the battlefield; 3 will contain objectives to hold, 3 will contain bombs to surely devastate whatever is in its range. Build a 1500 point army with at least 1 battalion. You will battle it out over 90 minute rounds. 3 rounds minimum. Rounds and prizes dependant on participation.

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#24 » Nov 10 2017 09:51

I was happy with my stormsurge in the last event and I am thinking of picking up another(, and two more fireblades.)The downside of the event is I am being forced to take regular troops :(. Saving grace is my opponents will be forced to take battalions so I know anti-infantry weapons should be decent. 2 stormsurge's is my only offensive capabilities but with stim injectors and shield generators they should be hard to take out of commission. Thay also have a ton of marker light support. Pathfinder teams will advance quicker to try to take objectives. I gave them some heavier firepower so I'm a little less all in on the tank Stormsurge plan.

The plan:pathfinders will bait early firepower, storm surges clean up the mess , Firewarriors retake objectives.

I am thinking of running this list:

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP ++
Cadre Fireblade [42pts]: Markerlight
Cadre Fireblade [42pts]: Markerlight
Commander [146pts]: ATS, 3x CIB, Shield Drone
Stormsurge [437pts]:Burst,blastcannon,Shield,Stim,ats

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP ++
Cadre Fireblade [ 42pts]: Markerlight
Darkstrider [45pts]
Kroot [60pts] x10
Kroot [60pts] x10
Strike Team [40pts] 5x Pulse Rifle