Double Devilfist 2000 pt

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Nooch'un
Shas'Saal

Double Devilfist 2000 pt

Post#1 » Oct 13 2017 11:33

This is my double devilfish 2000 point list, as follows is two extremely similar lists with just slight variations, however along with over all critique and comments id like to know which is a better concept when battle forging a list. Smaller squad sizes to get maximum CP, or larger squad sizes to sacrifice 2 CP.
List usage is based on using terrain and the devilfish to either run objectives and/or more likely cause choke points using terrain to unload massive amounts of firepower, with close manta drops via homing beacons from multiple locations. Control the board movement and layout via a devilfish/drone wall.
One Devilfish will contain 12 Drones and a Fireblade, the other 10 Breachers, Etheral and darkstrider. The goal is for them to rush the primary target based on whatever game is played. Xv25's will run flanks ready to drop beacons, Cadre with Strike Teams in Center behind devilfish wall covering flanks and strike with Missle Commander lending support from Manta Drop Location.
Commanders and Xv8's Manta Ready, here is the only significant difference in the two lists persented, both can be shifted for max CP or max Squad Sizes. In the fist list represting max CP I have Xv8's same loadout ready to drop in close with the Quad Fuison Commander(s) and take care of anything that requires a lot of dice, also this helps with creating a firewall distracting from breachers and gun drones. The other list has Bodyguards my thought here is that my flamer Xv8 being so close and commanders being targeted they will both get a small bost in close combat, and be able to hopefully extend the life of the Two Quad Fusion Commanders and CiB Commander based on location.
Thats my list and Honestly my entire model collection, im magnetized, so that can be changed, three commanders are Xv8's and all except my etheral are modded out units from spruce scraps and a spare etheral. I am willing to buy more but nothing excessive im at a slow collecting of army bulk waiting for the Codex so not looking for large suits or forgeworld at the moment.
This list is for a weekly 2000 point league, so im trying to keep it flexible, the armies I will be playing have a heavy variety from Xenos to Empirum with titans and Guilliman, Mortarian, Magnus (Really good Sons Player), Necron Mobs, Conscripts, The works. Im pretty new so all comments are helpful.
Thank you for your time, all comments appreciated hope I condensed the lists and didnt break any rules.

(Also I cant log into ATT from the new iphone update? anyone else having this problem?)

List for maxing out Command Points, Small Squads, No Body Guards

++ Supreme Command Detachment (T'au Empire)++
+ HQ +
Commander : 4x Missile pod
Commander : 4x Cyclic ion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone
Commander : 4x Fusion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone

++ Battalion Detachment ++
+ HQ +
- Darkstrider
- Ethereal : Honour blade, Hover Drone
+ Troops +
- Breacher Team : 4x Fire Warrior, Fire Warrior Shas'ui
- Breacher Team : 4x Fire Warrior, Fire Warrior Shas'ui
- Strike Team : Fire Warrior Shas'ui , 4x Fire Warrior (Rifles)
+ Elites +
- XV25 Stealth : Homing beacon, 2x Stealth Shas'u, Stealth Shas'vre (3x Burst)
+ Fast Attack +
- Pathfinder Team : 4x Pathfinder, Shas'ui, 5x Markerlight
- Pathfinder Team : 4x Pathfinder, Shas'ui, 5x Markerlight
+ Dedicated Transport +
- TY7 Devilfish : 2x MV1 Gun Drone , Burst cannon

+ HQ +
- Cadre Fireblade : Markerlight
+ Troops +
+ Elites +
-XV8 Crisis Battlesuits : 6x MV1 Gun Drone
. Crisis Shas'ui : 3x Flamer
. Crisis Shas'ui : Drone controller , 2x Flamer
. Crisis Shas'vre : 3x Flamer
+ Fast Attack +
- Tactical Drones : 5x MV1 Gun Drone
- Tactical Drones : 6x MV1 Gun Drone
+ Dedicated Transport +
- TY7 Devilfish : 2x MV1 Gun Drone, Burst cannon

++ Total: [109 PL, 2000pts] ++

As Follows Condensed list (Larger Squads) with Body Guard Detachment, short one markerlight

+ HQ +
- Darkstrider
+ Troops +
- Breacher Team : 9x Fire Warrior, Fire Warrior Shas'ui
- Strike Team : Fire Warrior Shas'ui , 9x Fire Warrior (Rifles)
- Strike Team : Fire Warrior Shas'ui , 9x Fire Warrior (Rifles)
+ Fast Attack +
- Pathfinder Team : 8x Pathfinder, Shas'ui, 9x Markerlight
- Tactical Drones : 11x MV1 Gun Drone
+ Dedicated Transport [14 PL, 254pts] +
- TY7 Devilfish : 2x MV1 Gun Drones, Burst cannon
- TY7 Devilfish : 2x MV1 Gun Drones, Burst cannon

++ Supreme Command Detachment ++
+ HQ +
Commander : 4x Missile pod
Commander : 4x Cyclic ion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone

++ Vanguard Detachment ++
+ HQ +
- Ethereal : Honour blade, Hover Drone
+ Elites +
- XV8 Crisis Bodyguards : 6x MV1 Gun Drone
. Crisis Bodyguard : 3x Flamer
. Crisis Bodyguard : 3x Flamer
. Crisis Bodyguard : Drone controller, 2x Flamer

++ Total: [105 PL, 2001 pts] ++
https://imgur.com/user/SpiltNooch
(Elsy'eir Sept Honour Division) [WIP]

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Double Devilfist 2000 pt

Post#2 » Oct 16 2017 12:19

Nooch'un wrote:This is my double devilfish 2000 point list, as follows is two extremely similar lists with just slight variations, however along with over all critique and comments id like to know which is a better concept when battle forging a list. Smaller squad sizes to get maximum CP, or larger squad sizes to sacrifice 2 CP.

While I personally like big squads, you're probably using ITC or Chapter Approved rules, so feel free to bring lots of small squads. CP are good to have, and will be even more important when the Codex comes out!

Nooch'un wrote:One Devilfish will contain 12 Drones and a Fireblade, the other 10 Breachers, Etheral and darkstrider.

You may find that 2x6 Breachers will do better than 1x10 and Darkstrider. Especially against T3, they actually put out more damage and cost fewer points. If you do want to keep the Breachers, you must combine them- Darkstrider's buff only works on one squad!

Anyway, here's what I'd do. Switch one weapon on the CIB Commander for an ATS, and do the same on the MP Commander. Drop Darkstrider and the Ethereal and add two more Breachers. Use the saved points to add a few more Fire Warriors, and give the Stealthsuits Fusion Blasters. We can also add more Pathfinders, as this list does need more Markerlights. The list might look something like this:

-

HQ - Commander w/ 3x Missile Pods, ATS (156)
HQ - Commander w/ 3x CIBs, ATS; 2x Shield Drones (154)
HQ - Commander w/ 4x Fusion Blasters; 2x Shield Drones (176)
HQ - Commander w/ 4x Fusion Blasters; 2x Shield Drones (176)
HQ - Cadre Fireblade w/ Markerlight (42)
HQ - Cadre Fireblade w/ Markerlight (42)
Troops - 6x Breachers (48)
Troops - 6x Breachers (48)
Troops - 6x Fire Warriors (48)
Dedicated Transport - Devilfish w/ Burst Cannon; 2x Gun Drones (127)
Dedicated Transport - Devilfish w/ Burst Cannon; 2x Gun Drones (127)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 1x Fusion Blaster & Multi-Tracker, 2x Burst Cannons, Homing Beacon (123)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ 1x Fusion Blaster & Multi-Tracker, 2x Burst Cannons, Homing Beacon (123)
Elites - 3x XV8s w/ 8x Flamers, Drone Controller; 6x Gun Drones (251)
Fast Attack - 5x Gun Drones (40)
Fast Attack - 6x Gun Drones (48)
Fast Attack - 8x Pathfinders (64)
Fast Attack - 8x Pathfinders (64)

Total: 2001 - Command Points: 11 (2 Battalion Detachments, 1 Vanguard Detachment, 1 Outrider Detachment)

-

You've got about a million drops here (17, I think, to be precise) but that's probably not an issue. What do you think?

Return to “Cadre Building”