1000pts semi-competitive

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Wedrujacy
Shas'Saal

1000pts semi-competitive

Post#1 » Oct 16 2017 06:24

What do you think about below 1k list?

Spoiler!
++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [34 PL, 620pts] ++

+ HQ +

Commander [7 PL, 176pts]: 4x Fusion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone

Longstrike [11 PL, 205pts]: 2x Burst cannon, Railgun, 2x Seeker missile

+ Elites +

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits [6 PL, 95pts]
. Stealth Shas'ui w/ Drone controller: Burst cannon, Drone controller
. Stealth Shas'ui w/o support system: Burst cannon
. Stealth Shas'vre: Burst cannon

+ Fast Attack +

Pathfinder Team [3 PL, 40pts]
. 5x Pathfinder: 5x Markerlight

. 5x Pathfinder: 5x Markerlight

Tactical Drones [2 PL, 32pts]: 4x MV1 Gun Drone

Tactical Drones [2 PL, 32pts]: 4x MV1 Gun Drone

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [25 PL, 379pts] ++

+ HQ +

Commander [7 PL, 154pts]: Advanced targeting system, 3x Cyclic ion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone

+ Fast Attack +

Vespid Stingwings [6 PL, 75pts]: 4x Vespid Stingwing, Vespid Strain Leader

++ Total: [59 PL, 999pts] ++

idea is to:
A) put pathfinder and move them 7" for better position to use them as marketing source
B) use vepids as fast objective taker which can aggressively correspond with heavy inf
C) use stealth and drones as l.inf threat
D) use longstrike as heavy treat
E) manta with commanders

Edit: some letters
Last edited by Wedrujacy on Oct 17 2017 01:18, edited 1 time in total.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: 1000pts semi-competitive

Post#2 » Oct 16 2017 07:25

Honestly, I like this a lot. I do worry, though, that the number of drops is a little high. I could imagine combining those Gun Drone squads into one team of 8, which could help a little. Otherwise, this will be a great deep strike list!

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Oct 19 2017 09:57

Personally, I don't think Longstrike is worth it in such a small game. He's roughly 25% of your army who won't be doing enough damage. Take a second QFC and add more drones. And having 10 lights in this list means that IF you go first on average you'll get 5 lights on one target but likely won't EVER want to put each commander and vespid and drones into that one target for the +1 BS. I'd go with a fireblade though for sure and drop one of the 5 man squads to get a very reliable markerlight for your QFC's and/or your CIB commander while buffing gun drones. Just my two cents.

Wedrujacy
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Oct 20 2017 04:41

Thanks for replays.

After few 8th games I still can see that our paths are going down at first, and already with 3 squads after first turn stays one and little of second. Therefore I will be in worry that one squad will vanish to soon.

And logstrike, I know its not economy best choice but he has range and has bigger survivability than qfc. And after recent fight with DG army based in 80% on T7 I'm looking for some alternative but still good solutions.

But definitely will check your sugestions :)

Wedrujacy
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Oct 29 2017 09:43

I ran list with little changes on friday:

Spoiler!
++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [25 PL, 423pts] ++

+ HQ [9 PL, 199pts] +

Commander [7 PL, 154pts]: Advanced targeting system [8pts], 3x Cyclic ion blaster [54pts], 2x MV4 Shield Drone [16pts]

Ethereal [2 PL, 45pts]: Honour blade

+ Troops [8 PL, 112pts] +

Breacher Team [4 PL, 56pts]: 4x Fire Warrior [32pts], Fire Warrior Shas'ui [8pts], MV36 Guardian Drone [8pts], MV4 Shield Drone [8pts]

Breacher Team [4 PL, 56pts]: 4x Fire Warrior [32pts], Fire Warrior Shas'ui [8pts], MV36 Guardian Drone [8pts], MV4 Shield Drone [8pts]

+ Fast Attack [8 PL, 112pts] +

. 4x Pathfinder [32pts]: 4x Markerlight [12pts]
. Pathfinder Shas'ui [8pts]: Markerlight [3pts]

. 4x Pathfinder [32pts]: 4x Markerlight [12pts]
. Pathfinder Shas'ui [8pts]: Markerlight [3pts]

Tactical Drones [2 PL, 32pts]: 4x MV1 Gun Drone [32pts]

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [32 PL, 577pts] ++

+ HQ [14 PL, 352pts] +

Commander [7 PL, 176pts]: 4x Fusion blaster [84pts], 2x MV4 Shield Drone [16pts]

Commander [7 PL, 176pts]: 4x Fusion blaster [84pts], 2x MV4 Shield Drone [16pts]

+ Fast Attack [18 PL, 225pts] +

Vespid Stingwings [6 PL, 75pts]: 4x Vespid Stingwing [60pts], Vespid Strain Leader [15pts]

Vespid Stingwings [6 PL, 75pts]: 4x Vespid Stingwing [60pts], Vespid Strain Leader [15pts]

against Imperium (AM) with around:
3x leman russ (with Tank Commander, gatling cannons, lasguns and plasmas)
4-5x conscripts teams (20+ in each)
1x commisar yearrick
1x some addtitional guy ;)
1x ratlings

I can tell you that Lemans with new rule which allow them to shoot twice a turn is ugly copy of our Riptdle rule and really makes a game for AM. And conscripts are really good for screening and objective taking as with possible orders they can move forward preatty fast.

On my site I need ot admit that QFC make his job, but is really not much reliable as I thought due to small number of shots (somehow oponent was able to give them some cover or inv through stratgems?). TCC was also usefull and survived until the end, but almost everthing else was not able to survive attacks from Lemans.

I can say that after first strike of Lemans I have moved everything forward to remove them ass soon as possible that also give them a meat too feed with. During my first turn I was able to destroy TankCommander by combined attach of almost everything. During second turn single QFC finished Leman but other QFC have not done even a scratch and during third turn same single QFC finished last leman. Vespids and Pathfinders were not been able to do much as they have been preatty fast removed or at least heavily reduced by Lemans.

Game was set with some custom scenario where available were 3 markes (one in corner of my corner, second in the middle od table and third in middle of them) each worth 4points at the end of game. If game would end on turn 5 I would win as had secured 2 markes but in 6th his conscripts with obj secured rule has over take 2 from 3 objectives.

Edit: wording
Last edited by Wedrujacy on Oct 30 2017 01:20, edited 1 time in total.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#6 » Oct 29 2017 11:19

Sounds like a nasty game! That's a seriously powerful-looking AM list there. I bet you were glad to have brought those Fusion Commanders! If you could re-play that game with a different list or different tactics, what would you change?

Wedrujacy
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Oct 30 2017 01:24

If I would know what opponent will bring and had possibility to tailor the list?

3x QFC
Flood of shield drones
2x stealth teams with DC
Flood of gun drones

And most probably would push everything of that forward to assault Lemans asap

Return to “Cadre Building”