2000 pt Semi Competitive League

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
TheBoosch
Shas

2000 pt Semi Competitive League

Post#1 » Oct 30 2017 04:29

Starting a new 2 month league soon using ITC missions. 2000 pt take all comers list. Thoughts before I submit my final list?

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (T'au Empire) [46 PL, 843pts] ++

+ HQ +

Cadre Fireblade [2 PL, 42pts]: Markerlight

Cadre Fireblade [2 PL, 42pts]: Markerlight

+ Troops +

Strike Team [3 PL, 43pts]
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Markerlight, Pulse rifle
. 4x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

+ Elites +

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [14 PL, 267pts]: 6x MV1 Gun Drone
. Crisis Shas'ui: Drone controller, 2x Plasma rifle
. Crisis Shas'ui: 3x Plasma rifle

XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit [10 PL, 240pts]: 2x Fusion blaster, Fusion collider, 2x MV5 Stealth Drone, Shield generator, Target lock

+ Fast Attack +

Pathfinder Team [3 PL, 40pts]
. 5x Pathfinder: 5x Markerlight

Pathfinder Team [3 PL, 40pts]

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [50 PL, 1156pts] ++

+ HQ +

Commander [7 PL, 176pts]: 4x Fusion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone

Commander [7 PL, 176pts]: 4x Fusion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone

Commander [7 PL, 154pts]: Advanced targeting system, 3x Cyclic ion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone

Commander [7 PL, 154pts]: Advanced targeting system, 3x Cyclic ion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone

+ Lord of War +

KV128 Stormsurge [22 PL, 496pts]: 2x Burst cannon, Advanced targeting system, Cluster rocket system, 4x Destroyer missile, Pulse driver cannon, Shield generator, 2x Smart missile system, Velocity tracker

++ Total: [96 PL, 1999pts] ++

Thank you in advance!

Watcher on the wall
Shas'Saal

Re: 2000 pt Semi Competitive League

Post#2 » Oct 31 2017 03:06

Drop a cadre fireblade (seriously, 2 for 20 fire warriors is too much), and in exchange add another units of pathfinders.

Beerson
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Oct 31 2017 04:13

with cadre fireblades I would drop fire warriors and use drones instead, more bang for the buck imo
also no stealth team with homing beacon for QFC?
also your list seems really weak for objectives to me, have you considered (or do you have the models for) kroot squad?

Kiran Tau
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Oct 31 2017 04:21

I think the list looks solid, i would probably change some small things depending on what you have available and what you want to Achieve.

so my thounghts: Your list is a little devided from my perspective, you have your glasscannon commanders that albeit accompanied by shield drones, a Ghostkeel and 3 crisis (6 GD) then an aggressive or shooty army will remove them quick... perhaps starting from his second turn.. so i would focus a little more on getting forward elements, we are best at 18". This could be from changing the pulsedriver cannon to a blast cannon (saving points) dropping the Shield gen on the Ghostkeel for Velocity tracker (saving points) this should give you 70 pts approx to use, couple this with the fireblade that was suggested and you have over 100 pts to use, by applying this you can get an extra plasma suit or pure ion suits :evil: and some drones in FA.

This will give your opponent more targets and hopefully create a target saturation that will result in wasted firepower, making your commanders run even more rampant. :fear: :fear: :fear:
Shas'el Au'taal Elan'B (Strong Shepherd)

Kiran Tau
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Oct 31 2017 04:25

So did a fast list... could possibly be improved but here goes :D

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (T'au Empire) [65 PL, 1048pts] ++

+ HQ +

Cadre Fireblade: Markerlight

Commander: Advanced targeting system, 3x Cyclic ion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone

+ Troops +

4 x Strike Team

+ Elites +

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits:
8x MV1 Gun Drone
. Crisis Shas'ui: Drone controller, 2x Plasma rifle
. Crisis Shas'vre: 3x Plasma rifle

XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit: 2x Fusion blaster, Fusion collider, 2x MV5 Stealth Drone, Target lock, Velocity tracker

+ Fast Attack +

2 x Pathfinder Team

Tactical Drones: 4x MV1 Gun Drone

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [43 PL, 948pts] ++

+ HQ +

Commander: Advanced targeting system, 3x Cyclic ion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone

Commander: 4x Fusion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone

Commander: 4x Fusion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone

+ Lord of War +

KV128 Stormsurge: 2x Burst cannon, Advanced targeting system, Cluster rocket system, 4x Destroyer missile, Pulse blastcannon, Shield generator, 2x Smart missile system, Velocity tracker

++ Total: [108 PL, 1996pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#6 » Oct 31 2017 06:58

I like your suggestions Kiran but I don't think the original list is as glass hammer-y as you think. Also, if we're bringing a Fireblade, we'll need a solid amount of Fire Warriors or Gun Drones to back him up. Finally, I really don't think Plasma Rifles are the right answer, not when we have the phenomenal Cyclic Ion Blaster available. Here's what I'd do:

HQ - Commander w/ 4x Fusion Blasters; 2x Shield Drones (176)
HQ - Commander w/ 4x Fusion Blasters; 2x Shield Drones (176)
HQ - Commander w/ 3x CIBs, ATS; 2x Shield Drones (154)
HQ - Commander w/ 3x CIBs, ATS; 2x Shield Drones (154)
HQ - Cadre Fireblade w/ Markerlight (42)
Troops - 7x Fire Warriors (56)
Elites - 3x XV8s w/ 6x CIBs, 3x ATS; 6x Gun Drones (306)
Elites - Ghostkeel w/ CIR, 2x Burst Cannons, Target Lock, ATS; 2x Stealth Drones (181)
Fast Attack - 6x Pathfinders w/ 6x Markerlights (48)
Fast Attack - 6x Pathfinders w/ 6x Markerlights (48)
LoW - Stormsurge w/ Pulse Driver, 2x Burst Cannon, Shield Generator, Velocity Tracker, ATS (496)

Total: 1907 (Still room to grow!)

That's one fewer Fireblade, the Fire Warriors are broken into three larger squads, the Ghostkeel gets an Ion loadout, and there are two more Pathfinders. It's only 1907 points too. An easy upgrade would be to add two squads of Gun Drones as screening/skirmish units, or to replace the Stormsurge's Pulse Driver with a Blastcannon, saving you a considerable number of points and allowing you to add more units in.

What do you think?

Kiran Tau
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Nov 01 2017 02:21

As i said there were still room for improvement ;) I like your list too Arka and i can see your point... i assumed locked ghost loadout and somehow limited CIBs (due to wysiwyg)... but your list is more optimised (our plasma could be D2 instead of that 1, it would change a lot :sad: ... i think the FWs are small units to get those additional markerlights... furthermore would i still swap to the pulse blast cannon, i like that more than the pulse driver, but i guess its personal preference...

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#8 » Nov 01 2017 04:16

Kiran Tau wrote:furthermore would i still swap to the pulse blast cannon, i like that more than the pulse driver, but i guess its personal preference...

Pardon me for going off-topic. I don't own a Stormsurge, so I don't have any experience using one, but what do you see as the advantage of the Blastcannon over the Driver?

Kiran Tau
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » Nov 02 2017 01:10

I feel, personally, that the driver is overcosted, i don't want to put about 100 pts for at weapon that shoots d3 shots, and its basically a fusion blaster with 72" range.. the blast cannon offers higher strength more reliable number of shots and the possibly many wounds if both str 14 (or what it is??) hits...

And in context to the list is it a dangerous element that you want to target, and by putting it close by will the opponent target it with much firepower, and this will possibly bring it down, but then all the other elements (suits) with great firepower will survive longer, and if they don't shoot the SS then fine it has an obscene amount of firepower with crazy much str 5/-1/1 which i think is a very good weapon profile, wounds most on 3+ and negate armor but not so much so the models (usually) can utilise their invul save. :fear: :fear:

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#10 » Nov 02 2017 01:34

I agree, it's definitely the cost. The weapon is not that much inferior to the PBC but it costs way too much by comparison.

Return to “Cadre Building”