My tournament 2000pts list

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Dekifelipe
Shas

My tournament 2000pts list

Post#1 » Nov 03 2017 05:36

Hi guys i am working on my list for tournament which is comming up, do this is what i think would work good for me! I don't really like drones heavy list! What do you think? Would this be competitive? :) i will try it today against astra militarum + grey knights (which i don't know at all).

Please let me know what you think

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [31 PL, 632pts] ++

+ HQ +

Commander [7 PL, 151pts]: 3x Cyclic ion blaster, Drone controller, 2x MV1 Gun Drone

Commander [7 PL, 151pts]: 3x Cyclic ion blaster, Drone controller, 2x MV1 Gun Drone

+ Elites +

XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit [10 PL, 179pts]: 2x Burst cannon, Advanced targeting system, Cyclic ion raker, Multi-tracker, 2x MV5 Stealth Drone

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [21 PL, 456pts] ++

+ HQ +

Commander [7 PL, 154pts]: Advanced targeting system, 3x Cyclic ion blaster, 2x MV1 Gun Drone

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (T'au Empire) [65 PL, 912pts] ++

+ HQ +

Cadre Fireblade [2 PL, 42pts]: Markerlight

Ethereal [2 PL, 46pts]: Equalizers

Longstrike [11 PL, 191pts]: 2x MV1 Gun Drone, Railgun

+ Troops +

Strike Team [6 PL, 58pts]: MV7 Marker Drone
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse rifle
. 5x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

+ Fast Attack +

Pathfinder Team [7 PL, 56pts]: MV31 Pulse Accelerator Drone
. 5x Pathfinder: 5x Markerlight
. Pathfinder Shas'ui: Markerlight

Pathfinder Team [6 PL, 48pts]
. 5x Pathfinder: 5x Markerlight
. Pathfinder Shas'ui: Markerlight

+ Heavy Support +

TX7 Hammerhead Gunship [10 PL, 188pts]: 2x MV1 Gun Drone, Ion cannon

+ Flyer +

AX39 Sun Shark Bomber [9 PL, 167pts]: Markerlight, Missile pod, 2x MV17 Interceptor Drone, 2x Seeker missile

++ Total: [117 PL, 2000pts] ++

Dekifelipe
Shas

Re: My tournament 2000pts list

Post#2 » Nov 03 2017 06:29

I also changed 4 of my commanders drone controlers to multitrackers and added 2 more pathfinders! And i have one more question! If you use ghostkeel with 2 stealth drones is it then -3 to hit ghostkeel if you are shooting from a distance of more than 12"? Or how does it work?

Sheeb
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Nov 03 2017 10:41

It's only a -2, not -3. Having multiple drone does not stack. And you will need to be >12" away also, otherwise it's only the -1.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Nov 05 2017 06:28

Single drones really aren't worth it. Drop the single Drones and you'll save 38 points, use those points to upgrade your Commanders' Drone Controllers to ATS. That will cost 36 points.

Also, why no Commanders with Fusion Blasters?

Emberkahn
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Nov 05 2017 09:47

1) I really really really don't rate fire warriors. The sad truth is that anything they can do drones can do better. Sure the ethereal and pulse drone buff benefits them, but in honesty it's not meaningful enough to make them better than fire warriors.

2) I think that with Drone Controllers on commanders, you get on average a larger increase in hits from just taking a burst cannon, and are more effective again with another CIB. I often take R'alai or a coldstar and drop them all together to get a drone controller to the front line. At the very least, you only really need one DC in each area, not 5.

3) Would seriously recommend taking 2 fusion commanders. You will always face at least 500pts of armour at these kinds of points, and the commanders will comfortably make their points back turn one. Their alpha strike capability is worth it. At the very least they are considerably more effective than hammerheads, but I would recommend taking them instead of some CIB.

Otherwise, solid list!

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#6 » Nov 06 2017 03:51

Emberkahn wrote:1) I really really really don't rate fire warriors. The sad truth is that anything they can do drones can do better. Sure the ethereal and pulse drone buff benefits them, but in honesty it's not meaningful enough to make them better than fire warriors.

Not to nitpick, but Fire Warriors offer one solid benefit- they increase your Command Points. Maybe that's not a huge benefit right now, but when the Codex comes out it will be!

Emberkahn
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Nov 06 2017 07:05

Arka0415 wrote:
Emberkahn wrote:1) I really really really don't rate fire warriors. The sad truth is that anything they can do drones can do better. Sure the ethereal and pulse drone buff benefits them, but in honesty it's not meaningful enough to make them better than fire warriors.

Not to nitpick, but Fire Warriors offer one solid benefit- they increase your Command Points. Maybe that's not a huge benefit right now, but when the Codex comes out it will be!

That's true; but given we don't really have any use for them other than re-rolls, I find that 5 or so tends to be sufficient to swing the tide.

Regarding when the codex comes out, no doubt at all! But once the codex comes out I will likely re-evaluate my opinion of the entire codex; in fact I would be willing to bet that fire warriors would at least become a lot cheaper, and thus perhaps viable.

But, under the status quo, I think the logic still stands.

Return to “Cadre Building”