2v2 750pt List

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Joshy T
Shas
Posts: 5

2v2 750pt List

Post#1 » Nov 11 2017 06:51

Hi everyone,

Just looking for some feedback, i have to built a 750pt list for a 2v2 tourney with a mate who is playing harlies

I have had a couple of ideas for lists, unfortunately my models are a bit limited. i was thinking of just having the horde of drones and the stealth suits with drone controllers together and then drop in the commanders in the back and do some shooting. Any thoughts?

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (T'au Empire) [37 PL, 747pts] ++

+ HQ +

Commander: Advanced targeting system, 3x Missile pod

Commander : Advanced targeting system, 3x Missile pod

Commander: Advanced targeting system, 3x Missile pod

+ Troops +

Strike Team
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse rifle
. 4x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

Strike Team
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse rifle
. 4x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

Strike Team
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse rifle
. 4x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

+ Elites +

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits
. Stealth Shas'ui w/ Drone controller: Burst cannon, Drone controller
. 2x Stealth Shas'ui w/o support system: 2x Burst cannon

+ Fast Attack +

Tactical Drones: 8x MV1 Gun Drone

++ Total: [37 PL, 747pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

Thanks!

User avatar
Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui
Posts: 2147

Re: 2v2 750pt List

Post#2 » Nov 11 2017 07:59

This looks solid- the real thing to modify though is the Commanders' loadouts. Are they magnetized?

Joshy T
Shas
Posts: 5

Re: 2v2 750pt List

Post#3 » Nov 11 2017 06:45

They sure are, im not sure if missile pods are the way go to, they are 3 damage though, so would need to aim at higher wound targets.

User avatar
Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui
Posts: 2147

Re: 2v2 750pt List

Post#4 » Nov 11 2017 06:58

Joshy T wrote:They sure are, im not sure if missile pods are the way go to, they are 3 damage though, so would need to aim at higher wound targets.

They're D3 damage instead of 3, and ony have S7. It would basically be impossible for this army to kill a Land Raider or something like that- you'd need all 3 Commanders to fire at it for 3-4 turns straight.

I recommend giving one Commander 4x Fusion Blasters, one Commander 3x Cyclic Ion Blasters + ATS, and the last one can have MPs, FBs, or CIBs, whichever you prefer.

If you do one Fusion Commander, one Missile Commander, and one CIB Commander, and give each a pair of Shield Drones, that block would cost 502 points. Add your Stealthsuits and give them a Homing Beacon, now you're at 612 points.

At this point you have 138 points to spend and you need a few Markerlights too.

What other models do you have that you could add?

Joshy T
Shas
Posts: 5

Re: 2v2 750pt List

Post#5 » Nov 11 2017 10:39

Only have a broadside, riptide, a pile of gun drones and thats about it. I need to have my list in today and i wont have much time to build and paint anything new :(

Joshy T
Shas
Posts: 5

Re: 2v2 750pt List

Post#6 » Nov 12 2017 02:19

Hi again,

I have come up with this list and i think its the go:

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (T'au Empire) [40 PL, 750pts] ++

+ HQ +

Commander: 4x Fusion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone

Commander: Advanced targeting system, 3x Cyclic ion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone

Commander: Advanced targeting system, 3x Cyclic ion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone

+ Troops +

Strike Team
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse rifle
. 4x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

Strike Team
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse rifle
. 4x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

Strike Team
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse rifle
. 4x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

+ Elites +

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits
. Stealth Shas'ui w/ Advanced targeting system: Advanced targeting system, Burst cannon
. 2x Stealth Shas'ui w/o support system: 2x Burst cannon

+ Fast Attack +

Pathfinder Team : MV31 Pulse Accelerator Drone
. 5x Pathfinder: 5x Markerlight

++ Total: [40 PL, 750pts] ++

User avatar
Emberkahn
Shas'Saal
Posts: 113

Re: 2v2 750pt List

Post#7 » Nov 12 2017 09:47

If you really want a godly 2v2 list, run Pure Fusion Commanders, and have a team mate that runs pure shining spears and a farseer (Farseer takes Doom). Not quite Harlies, but if you have the models that list is I believe one of the strongest around. Fusion Commanders wreck tanks, Shining spears are some of the best anti infantry in the game, Farseer for Psyker defence and in case they bring a super heavy. Plus the entire thing can Alpha strike turn one.

User avatar
Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui
Posts: 2147

Re: 2v2 750pt List

Post#8 » Nov 12 2017 10:28

Joshy T wrote:Hi again,

I have come up with this list and i think its the go:

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (T'au Empire) [40 PL, 750pts] ++

+ HQ +

Commander: 4x Fusion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone

Commander: Advanced targeting system, 3x Cyclic ion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone

Commander: Advanced targeting system, 3x Cyclic ion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone

+ Troops +

Strike Team
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse rifle
. 4x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

Strike Team
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse rifle
. 4x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

Strike Team
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse rifle
. 4x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

+ Elites +

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits
. Stealth Shas'ui w/ Advanced targeting system: Advanced targeting system, Burst cannon
. 2x Stealth Shas'ui w/o support system: 2x Burst cannon

+ Fast Attack +

Pathfinder Team : MV31 Pulse Accelerator Drone
. 5x Pathfinder: 5x Markerlight

++ Total: [40 PL, 750pts] ++


This looks solid. Dropping the PA Drone and adding another single Pathfinder would be useful. Or, consider dropping the Stealthsuit ATS and the PA Drone and adding a squad of 4x Gun Drones... but I think the Pathfinder switch is best. If you have a sixth Pathfinder.

User avatar
Panzer
Shas'Saal
Posts: 3548

Re: 2v2 750pt List

Post#9 » Nov 12 2017 11:52

Emberkahn wrote:If you really want a godly 2v2 list, run Pure Fusion Commanders, and have a team mate that runs pure shining spears and a farseer (Farseer takes Doom). Not quite Harlies, but if you have the models that list is I believe one of the strongest around. Fusion Commanders wreck tanks, Shining spears are some of the best anti infantry in the game, Farseer for Psyker defence and in case they bring a super heavy. Plus the entire thing can Alpha strike turn one.

Well almost. You gonna need some units on the ground since usually the “only half units in reserves“ counts per player. So some Pathfinder or Strike Teams for backfield objektive sitting are recommended to go along with the QFC. ;)

User avatar
Emberkahn
Shas'Saal
Posts: 113

Re: 2v2 750pt List

Post#10 » Nov 13 2017 12:03

Panzer wrote:
Emberkahn wrote:If you really want a godly 2v2 list, run Pure Fusion Commanders, and have a team mate that runs pure shining spears and a farseer (Farseer takes Doom). Not quite Harlies, but if you have the models that list is I believe one of the strongest around. Fusion Commanders wreck tanks, Shining spears are some of the best anti infantry in the game, Farseer for Psyker defence and in case they bring a super heavy. Plus the entire thing can Alpha strike turn one.

Well almost. You gonna need some units on the ground since usually the “only half units in reserves“ counts per player. So some Pathfinder or Strike Teams for backfield objektive sitting are recommended to go along with the QFC. ;)


Right as always Panzer! I had assumed it was across the entire army; if this was the case you could have your shining spears on the ground with the farseer as your half not in reserves. I dream of a time where there is a way for us to take a detachment of Eldar. Shining spears are monsters; coupled with Tau QFC vehicle annihilation I think we would be untouchable.

As is you could easily just take 4 units of hounds or some pathfinders to support as a small tax resulting in pretty much identical outcome of terror. At 1.5k you are going to table anyway.

User avatar
Panzer
Shas'Saal
Posts: 3548

Re: 2v2 750pt List

Post#11 » Nov 13 2017 12:31

Emberkahn wrote:
Panzer wrote:
Emberkahn wrote:If you really want a godly 2v2 list, run Pure Fusion Commanders, and have a team mate that runs pure shining spears and a farseer (Farseer takes Doom). Not quite Harlies, but if you have the models that list is I believe one of the strongest around. Fusion Commanders wreck tanks, Shining spears are some of the best anti infantry in the game, Farseer for Psyker defence and in case they bring a super heavy. Plus the entire thing can Alpha strike turn one.

Well almost. You gonna need some units on the ground since usually the “only half units in reserves“ counts per player. So some Pathfinder or Strike Teams for backfield objektive sitting are recommended to go along with the QFC. ;)


Right as always Panzer! I had assumed it was across the entire army; if this was the case you could have your shining spears on the ground with the farseer as your half not in reserves. I dream of a time where there is a way for us to take a detachment of Eldar. Shining spears are monsters; coupled with Tau QFC vehicle annihilation I think we would be untouchable.

As is you could easily just take 4 units of hounds or some pathfinders to support as a small tax resulting in pretty much identical outcome of terror. At 1.5k you are going to table anyway.

It honestly depends on the playgroup. There are no rules for how to handle 2v2 games.
We play 2v2 almost all the time in my group and since we ally armies that don't share faction keyword we decided to treat each players army completely independent from eachother with few exceptions (alternating deployment and fight activation is per team for example).

You dream of a time where we can take Eldar? It would be a Nightmare for me. So glad Taudar isn't a thing anymore and I hope it won't ever come back.

User avatar
Emberkahn
Shas'Saal
Posts: 113

Re: 2v2 750pt List

Post#12 » Nov 13 2017 12:36

Panzer wrote:
Emberkahn wrote:
Panzer wrote:Well almost. You gonna need some units on the ground since usually the “only half units in reserves“ counts per player. So some Pathfinder or Strike Teams for backfield objektive sitting are recommended to go along with the QFC. ;)


Right as always Panzer! I had assumed it was across the entire army; if this was the case you could have your shining spears on the ground with the farseer as your half not in reserves. I dream of a time where there is a way for us to take a detachment of Eldar. Shining spears are monsters; coupled with Tau QFC vehicle annihilation I think we would be untouchable.

As is you could easily just take 4 units of hounds or some pathfinders to support as a small tax resulting in pretty much identical outcome of terror. At 1.5k you are going to table anyway.

It honestly depends on the playgroup. There are no rules for how to handle 2v2 games.
We play 2v2 almost all the time in my group and since we ally armies that don't share faction keyword we decided to treat each players army completely independent from eachother with few exceptions (alternating deployment and fight activation is per team for example).

You dream of a time where we can take Eldar? It would be a Nightmare for me. So glad Taudar isn't a thing anymore and I hope it won't ever come back.


More than fair; I guess what I really want is the ability to take Taudar without anyone else taking mixed factions. Obviously ridiculous, just sounds good in your head because you don't think of the consequences; like infinite money and inflation.

That being said, this would be a mega effective list if the Deepstrike rules are not like your gaming groups.

If Joshy T still wants to have his friend use Harlequins, then skyweavers packed full of anti-infantry harlequins will achieve a similar outcome.

User avatar
Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui
Posts: 2147

Re: 2v2 750pt List

Post#13 » Nov 13 2017 01:24

Emberkahn wrote:More than fair; I guess what I really want is the ability to take Taudar without anyone else taking mixed factions. Obviously ridiculous, just sounds good in your head because you don't think of the consequences; like infinite money and inflation.

Off-topic, but it could be cool to have a Tau jetbike-type unit, like the Piranha but not as large.

Anyway, for this kind of tournament, unless you absolutely know who your ally is going to be and the list they're going to bring, you should plan an all-comers list.

Return to “Cadre Building”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Garacaius and 4 guests