1.5k pts with what I have for a friendly battle :)

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
szeszej
Shas

1.5k pts with what I have for a friendly battle :)

Post#1 » Nov 13 2017 07:58

That's what I came up with. I'm still a new person and this will be my first battle with actual objectives other than "destroy your opoonent". This is mostly just all the models I have at the moment but any tweeks you can suggest are very much welcome.

I'll be playing against Space Marines. I'm worried that he'll bring a full squad of deep striking termies with stormshields so I've taken EWO on Ghostkeel to at least discourage my opponent from dropping them too close.

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (T'au Empire) [81 PL, 1500pts] ++

+ HQ +

Cadre Fireblade [2 PL, 42pts]: Markerlight

Commander [7 PL, 176pts]: 4x Fusion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone

Longstrike [11 PL, 201pts]: 2x MV1 Gun Drone, Railgun, 2x Seeker missile

+ Troops +

Strike Team [5 PL, 67pts]
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Markerlight, Pulse pistol, Pulse rifle
. 7x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

+ Elites +

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits [6 PL, 120pts]
. Stealth Shas'ui w/ Advanced targeting system: Advanced targeting system, Burst cannon
. Stealth Shas'ui w/ Drone controller: Burst cannon, Drone controller
. Stealth Shas'vre: Advanced targeting system, Burst cannon
. . Markerlight + Target Lock: Markerlight, Target lock

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [14 PL, 306pts]: 6x MV1 Gun Drone
. Crisis Shas'ui: Advanced targeting system, 2x Cyclic ion blaster
. Crisis Shas'ui: Advanced targeting system, 2x Cyclic ion blaster
. Crisis Shas'vre: Advanced targeting system, 2x Cyclic ion blaster

XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit [10 PL, 177pts]: 2x Burst cannon, Advanced targeting system, Cyclic ion raker, Early warning override, 2x MV5 Stealth Drone

+ Fast Attack +

Pathfinder Team [6 PL, 80pts]
. 9x Pathfinder: 9x Markerlight
. Pathfinder Shas'ui: Markerlight

+ Heavy Support +

TX7 Hammerhead Gunship [10 PL, 198pts]: 2x MV1 Gun Drone, Ion cannon, 2x Seeker missile

++ Total: [81 PL, 1501pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Re: 1.5k pts with what I have for a friendly battle :)

Post#2 » Nov 14 2017 08:40

szeszej wrote:That's what I came up with. I'm still a new person and this will be my first battle with actual objectives other than "destroy your opoonent". This is mostly just all the models I have at the moment but any tweeks you can suggest are very much welcome.

I'll be playing against Space Marines. I'm worried that he'll bring a full squad of deep striking termies with stormshields so I've taken EWO on Ghostkeel to at least discourage my opponent from dropping them too close.

You're expected to do .77 wounds from the ion raker and .44 wounds from the burst cannons to the termies using EWO. Better ways to spend 177 points imo. Like a 3xCIB commander.

szeszej
Shas

Post#3 » Nov 14 2017 08:58

Yeah, but Ghostkeel is here mostly because I have the model :) When I get more commanders, I'll certainly add some but since I already have the Ghostkeel, spending some pts on EWO might be okeyish to keep Deep Strikes further from my bunker. Alternatively I could just take another Fire warrior (maybe better but less exciting)

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Nov 16 2017 07:10

This is a beautiful list- you'll do well with it. A few tiny changes though:

The Stealthsuits should lose the Markerlight & Target Lock (-9) and switch the Drone Controller for another ATS (+3). The Ghostkeel should switch its EWO for a Target Lock (+4) so it can move and fire. The Pathfinder squad should be split in two (+0) to avoid unnecessary morale casualties. That will bring you to 1499. What do you think?

szeszej
Shas

Post#5 » Nov 17 2017 03:23

The battle has already been fought (he won 9:8 in victory points but the shop was closing so we only played 4 turns and I'm terrible at placing objectives). The changes you proposed would have probably made the list better although I think the drone controller on one of the Stealthsuits was quite good - I dropped the Crisis nearby so that the drones could use the bonus. However, buffing 6 drones might not be worth it.

To sum up the battle - my Cadre Fireblade was left with 1W on T1 (he went first) after a Sniper volley (my bad positioning, I could have hidden him from one of the squads) and my Longstrike was shot down due to 4 Lascannon shots from his Predator+Dreadnought (again, I should have placed my tanks further away or behind LOS blocker). The first turn also made me realize I don't have an effective counter for his Snipers - shooting at them is very inefficient and I have no dedicated charging units. Fortunately for me he had nothing to deal with my Pathfinders (I put them far in the back and he had no long range shooting apart from Snipers which had to take down my characters first).

His list:
Captain
Some bannerman (slain models make a shot at 3+)
10 regular Primaris
5 Primaris with Plasma
5 Termies + Chaplain
Predator
Dreadnought with some character sitting in it
2 squads of 5 Snipers

My first turn - dropped QFC and Crisis from Manta on his flank and shot down the Predator (one QFC volley) and almost shot down the Dreadnought (he rolled 4 sixes on FnP so it survived on 1W) and the remaining firepower was directed at his small plasma squad (1 marine on 1 wound remaining but it promptly commited suicide by overcharging the plasma).

His T2 he teleports in his terminators with shields to charge my dropped units but he fails the charge. His large Primaris unit charges my sacrifical Fire Warrior squad on an objective and takes it out. Also my second Hammerhead is alive but just barely on 1 wound.

My T2 I try to get my drops further away from his terminators and concentrate fire on his main primaris unit (everything apart from my QFC who finishes the Dreadnought). The whole 10mam squad is lit up to 5 and promptly goes down. The lone, 1W Hammerhead holds the objective by which they were standing :).

His T3 he manages to charge my Crisis with his Termies (he needed to roll 10) but fortunately only kills some drones. Nothing else is happening but he draws much easier objective cards.

My T3 I draw horrible objective cards, try to draw new ones using most of my CPs but still fail and am stuck with nothing I can really do. I lit up his Termies to 5, overcharge CIBs and wipe them out with concentrated fire (although I forgot that I need to roll for the number of shots... I rememered that we shooting at the large Primaris squad). My QFC tries to take down his Captain but only does 2 wounds. :/

T4 nothing really happens for the both of us, I fail to take down his captain again (3 ward saves against my QFC). My cards are still terribad.

Overall, I think the list was quite good. If I used LOS blockers more, my Fireblade and tanks would probably have survived longer. I also should have placed one marker much closer to the others.

Return to “Cadre Building”