2000 points ETC rules tournament in Paris.

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Haechi
Shas'Saal

2000 points ETC rules tournament in Paris.

Post#1 » Nov 13 2017 10:18

Hey guys, I'm building a list for an upcoming ETC style tournament where I expect 3 to 5 super nasty lists and around 20 "normal" ones. My collection is a bit limited, and this is what I've come up with so far. What are we thinking?

Both Devilfishes will carry a Cadre, 6 Gun Drones, and 5 Gun Drones.

Haechi – T’AU <T’au Sept> EXPEDITION FORCE – 2000 - 8 CP

Battalion Detachment –

HQ –
HQ 1 : Darkstrider [45]
HQ 2 : Cadre Fireblade with Markerlight [42]

FAST ATTACK –
Fast Attack 1 : Tactical Drones : 6 Gun Drones [48]
Fast Attack 2 : Tactical Drones : 5 Gun Drones [40]
Fast Attack 3 : Kroot Hounds : 7 Kroot Hounds [28]

TROOPS –
Troop 1 : Breacher Team : 9x Fire Warriors and 1 Fire Warrior Shas’ui with 10 Pulse Blaster, 10 Photon Grenades, 1 Pulse Pistol [80]
Troop 2 : Breacher Team : 9x Fire Warriors and 1 Fire Warrior Shas’ui with 10 Pulse Blaster, 10 Photon Grenades, 1 Pulse Pistol [80]
Troop 3 : Breacher Team : 9x Fire Warriors and 1 Fire Warrior Shas’ui with 10 Pulse Blaster, 10 Photon Grenades, 1 Pulse Pistol [80]
Troop 4 : Strike Team : 7x Fire Warriors and 1 Fire Warrior Shas’ui with 8 Pulse Rifles, 8 Photon Grenades, 1 Pulse Pistol, 1 Markerlight [67]
Troop 5 : Strike Team : 7x Fire Warriors and 1 Fire Warrior Shas’ui with 8 Pulse Rifles, 8 Photon Grenades, 1 Pulse Pistol, 1 Markerlight [67]

TRANSPORT –
Dedicated Transport 1 : Devilfish with Burst Cannon, 2 Gun Drones [127]

Outrider Detachment –

QG –
HQ 1 : Cadre Fireblade with Markerlight [42]
HQ 2 : Commander Coldstar, with High-Output Burst Cannon, Missile Pod, Drone Controller, Advanced Targeting systems [147] – Army General (Charismatic Leader)

FAST ATTACK–

Fast Attack 1 : Kroot Hounds : 7 Kroot Hounds [28]
Fast Attack 2 : Tactical Drones : 6 Gun Drones [48]
Fast Attack 3 : Tactical Drones : 5 Gun Drones [40]
Fast Attack 4 : Pathfinder Team : 9x Pathfinders and 1 Pathfinder Shas’ui with 10 Markerlights, 10 Pulse Carbines, 10 Photon Grenades, 1 Pulse Pistol [80]
Fast Attack 5 : Pathfinder Team : 9x Pathfinders and 1 Pathfinder Shas’ui with 10 Markerlights, 10 Pulse Carbines, 10 Photon Grenades, 1 Pulse Pistol [80]

TRANSPORT –

Supreme Command Detachment –

HQ 1 : Commander (76) with 4 Fusion Blasters, 2 Shield Drones [176]
HQ 2 : Commander (76) with 4 Fusion Blasters, 2 Shield Drones [176]
HQ 3 : Commander (76) with 4 Fusion Blasters, 2 Shield Drones [176]
HQ 4 : Commander (76) with 4 Fusion Blasters, 2 Shield Drones [176]
Last edited by Haechi on Nov 13 2017 09:13, edited 4 times in total.

Beerson
Shas'Saal

Re: Help me build a 2000 list for a tough tournament.

Post#2 » Nov 13 2017 11:10

definitely put shield drones into drone units, both fast attack and the one you bring with crisis

personaly I wouldn't take more then 2 breacher unit, especially since with fireblade drones do just better job then breachers up close anyway and can have shield drones for durability

stealth suits can take DC to boost the 3 drone squads, you should also bring some ML drones as you only have 3 ML,

also putting battlescribe in english for the export would help a lot :)

Haechi
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Nov 13 2017 11:48

Beerson wrote:definitely put shield drones into drone units, both fast attack and the one you bring with crisis

personaly I wouldn't take more then 2 breacher unit, especially since with fireblade drones do just better job then breachers up close anyway and can have shield drones for durability

stealth suits can take DC to boost the 3 drone squads, you should also bring some ML drones as you only have 3 ML,

also putting battlescribe in english for the export would help a lot :)

It's not battlescribe, it's made by hand haha.

The 6 and 5 drone unit are in the devilfish with the cadre, no need for shields, and therefore, no need for DC on Stealths I think. Is 12 Stealths too much though? I wanted to make absolutely sure I get to Beacon combo the flamer Crisis.

I love Breachers, and I don't have more Drones at the moment, so I thought I'd bring them all. But you might be right about the 3rd unit not being useful. Maybe I could have 2 units of 5 Pathfinders instead?

Beerson
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Nov 13 2017 11:56

Haechi wrote: Is 12 Stealths too much though? I wanted to make absolutely sure I get to Beacon combo the flamer Crisis.

definitely, get 3 or 4 of them with one SG per unit, that should be just enough, didnt even notice they were full units till you pointed it out lol

Haechi wrote:I love Breachers, and I don't have more Drones at the moment, so I thought I'd bring them all. But you might be right about the 3rd unit not being useful. Maybe I could have 2 units of 5 Pathfinders instead?

yeah, getting the pathfinders would be the better choice imo, lets you bring more ML and some nasty rail rifles with the points saved on crisis stealths, also lets you field the grav inhibitor drone (or whichever it is) to look after breachers not getting into combat before they can properly weaken enemy with shooting
Last edited by Beerson on Nov 13 2017 01:43, edited 1 time in total.

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Nov 13 2017 12:46

I think the battalion dettachment is weighing you down. I think you want to play an outrider, supreme command and vanguard dettachment.

I **edit:**DIS-like the flamer suits in general because it's an expensive point combo package with the stealth suits that is significantly less efficient than 2 cib 1 ats load out. Due to stealth suit redundancy I think it is "ok" for this list.

This list is lacking pathfinders. That is probably ok, but I have taking a strong liking to them as my "normal" troops. Your list doesn't need many though since cadre helps get you the one lighter you are looking to achieve. Commanders don't get much value higher than one markerlight.
Last edited by Lostroninsoul on Nov 13 2017 03:14, edited 1 time in total.

Haechi
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Nov 13 2017 01:21

Lostroninsoul wrote:I think the battalion dettachment is weighing you down. I think you want to play an outrider, supreme command and vanguard dettachment.

I like the flamer suits in general because it's an expensive point combo package with the stealth suits that is significantly less efficient than 2 cib 1 ats load out. Due to stealth suit redundancy I think it is "ok" for this list.

This list is lacking pathfinders. That is probably ok, but I have taking a strong liking to them as my "normal" troops. Your list doesn't need many though since cadre helps get you the one lighter you are looking to achieve. Commanders don't get much value higher than one markerlight.

I do have the minis to field 20 Pathfinders, but I'd have to kick out something to make room for them. Do you think I can do the flamer Crisis combo with only 6 Stealths? or 2x3 with 2 beacons?

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Nov 13 2017 03:15

I think it's probably fine... Stealth suits are surprisingly resilient I've heard

Haechi
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Nov 13 2017 05:22

I changed the list entirely. Realized I could just use my Crisis for Commanders. Now it looks like this.

Both Devilfishes will have a Cadre, a unit of 6 Gun Drones, and a unit of 5 Gun drones in it.

Haechi – T’AU <T’au Sept> EXPEDITION FORCE – 2000 - 8 CP

Battalion Detachment –

HQ –
HQ 1 : Darkstrider [45]
HQ 2 : Cadre Fireblade with Markerlight [42]

FAST ATTACK –
Fast Attack 1 : Tactical Drones : 6 Gun Drones [48]
Fast Attack 2 : Tactical Drones : 5 Gun Drones [40]
Fast Attack 3 : Kroot Hounds : 7 Kroot Hounds [28]

TROOPS –
Troop 1 : Breacher Team : 9x Fire Warriors and 1 Fire Warrior Shas’ui with 10 Pulse Blaster, 10 Photon Grenades, 1 Pulse Pistol [80]
Troop 2 : Breacher Team : 9x Fire Warriors and 1 Fire Warrior Shas’ui with 10 Pulse Blaster, 10 Photon Grenades, 1 Pulse Pistol [80]
Troop 3 : Breacher Team : 9x Fire Warriors and 1 Fire Warrior Shas’ui with 10 Pulse Blaster, 10 Photon Grenades, 1 Pulse Pistol [80]
Troop 4 : Strike Team : 7x Fire Warriors and 1 Fire Warrior Shas’ui with 8 Pulse Rifles, 8 Photon Grenades, 1 Pulse Pistol, 1 Markerlight [67]
Troop 5 : Strike Team : 7x Fire Warriors and 1 Fire Warrior Shas’ui with 8 Pulse Rifles, 8 Photon Grenades, 1 Pulse Pistol, 1 Markerlight [67]

TRANSPORT –

Outrider Detachment –

QG –
HQ 1 : Cadre Fireblade with Markerlight [42]
HQ 2 : Commander Coldstar, with High-Output Burst Cannon, Missile Pod, Drone Controller, Advanced Targeting systems [147] – Army General (Charismatic Leader)

FAST ATTACK–

Fast Attack 1 : Kroot Hounds : 7 Kroot Hounds [28]
Fast Attack 2 : Tactical Drones : 6 Gun Drones [48]
Fast Attack 3 : Tactical Drones : 5 Gun Drones [40]
Fast Attack 4 : Pathfinder Team : 9x Pathfinders and 1 Pathfinder Shas’ui with 10 Markerlights, 10 Pulse Carbines, 10 Photon Grenades, 1 Pulse Pistol [80]
Fast Attack 5 : Pathfinder Team : 9x Pathfinders and 1 Pathfinder Shas’ui with 10 Markerlights, 10 Pulse Carbines, 10 Photon Grenades, 1 Pulse Pistol [80]

TRANSPORT –

Supreme Command Detachment –

HQ 1 : Commander (76) with 4 Fusion Blasters, 2 Shield Drones [176]
HQ 2 : Commander (76) with 4 Fusion Blasters, 2 Shield Drones [176]
HQ 3 : Commander (76) with 4 Fusion Blasters, 2 Shield Drones [176]
HQ 4 : Commander (76) with 4 Fusion Blasters, 2 Shield Drones [176]
Last edited by Haechi on Nov 13 2017 09:13, edited 1 time in total.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: 2000 points ETC rules tournament in Paris.

Post#9 » Nov 13 2017 08:11

This is certainly an interesting list! You're the Breacher guy, right? Anyway, you have some big squads of infantry, and they are going to die to morale losses. With no Ethereal and no Aun'va to back these guys up, lots of your models are going to run away when you fail morale checks.

Here's what I'd do:

-

HQ - Commander w/ 4x Fusion Blasters; 2x Shield Drones (176)
HQ - Darkstrider (45) [Inspiring Leader]
HQ - Ethereal on Hover Drone (50)
HQ - Cadre Fireblade w/ Markerlight (42)
HQ - Cadre Fireblade w/ Markerlight (42)
HQ - Coldstar Commander w/ High-Output Burst Cannon, Missile Pod, Drone Controller, ATS (147)
Troops - 10x Breachers (80)
Troops - 6x Fire Warriors w/ Markerlight (51)
Troops - 6x Fire Warriors w/ Markerlight (51)
Dedicated Transport - Devilfish w/ Burst Cannon; 2x Gun Drones (127)
Dedicated Transport - Devilfish w/ Burst Cannon; 2x Gun Drones (127)
Fast Attack - 5x Gun Drones (40)
Fast Attack - 6x Gun Drones (48)
Fast Attack - 5x Gun Drones (40)
Fast Attack - 6x Gun Drones (48)
Fast Attack - 6x Pathfinders (48)
Fast Attack - 6x Pathfinders (48)
Fast Attack - 7x Kroot Hounds (28)
Fast Attack - 7x Kroot Hounds (28)

Total: 2002 - Command Points: 8 (1 Battalion Detachment, 1 Outrider Detachment, 1 Supreme Command Detachment)

-

It's amusing that this list has 18 drops, and offers up 30 kill points :fear:

Anyway, what do you think?

Haechi
Shas'Saal

Post#10 » Nov 14 2017 06:15

Arka0415 wrote:Anyway, what do you think?

Thankfully there are no kill points in this tournament!

You're the second person telling me to add an Ethereal to the mix for morale purpose. And you switched the Inspiring Leader to Darkstrider. Don't you think it's gonna be hard to cover everybody with one Ethereal? And don't I need Inspiring Leader on the DC Coldstar so the drones don't fail their morales too much?

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#11 » Nov 14 2017 07:07

Haechi wrote:Thankfully there are no kill points in this tournament!

I can't seem to find your particular tournament ruleset online. If it's anything like ITC, there will be ways to score points by killing units, even if it's not a "kill points" mission.

Haechi wrote:You're the second person telling me to add an Ethereal to the mix for morale purpose. And you switched the Inspiring Leader to Darkstrider. Don't you think it's gonna be hard to cover everybody with one Ethereal? And don't I need Inspiring Leader on the DC Coldstar so the drones don't fail their morales too much?

The Coldstar could help the Drones, sure- however, the Drone are in smaller packs, they're safe inside the Devilfish, and the Coldstar can really only help two Drone squads at a time (11 models). Darkstrider and the Ethereal, staying mobile, can easil cover all 30 Breachers and 15 Fire Warriors, possibly all 45 models at the same time with both buffs. Remember, you only need to touch the unit with your aura to buff it- you don't need to get all the models outside. I do suggest the Breachers move as one big group (use your judgement of course and split up when necessary though).

One possible solution would be to bring Aun'va. Re-rolling your leadership across every unit would really help.

Haechi
Shas'Saal

Post#12 » Nov 14 2017 07:56

My issue with this is removing the General status of the Coldstar. With its incredible mobility, I find it to be the most suited unit in the entire game to score the Priority Order Maelstrom card.
But I hear you. I still have a few days to run tests and decide.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#13 » Nov 14 2017 08:09

Haechi wrote:My issue with this is removing the General status of the Coldstar. With its incredible mobility, I find it to be the most suited unit in the entire game to score the Priority Order Maelstrom card.

Can you just explain the ETC rules? There are Maelstrom cards but no points for killing units? And there's still a three-detachment rule?

Haechi
Shas'Saal

Post#14 » Nov 14 2017 09:39

It's just that, with the Maelstrom/Eternal War mixed scenarios, and they just recently removed the KP.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#15 » Nov 14 2017 09:51

Haechi wrote:It's just that, with the Maelstrom/Eternal War mixed scenarios, and they just recently removed the KP.

Okay. What happens if you draw the kill 1-3 units card or cards like that?

Haechi
Shas'Saal

Post#16 » Nov 14 2017 11:51

If I draw it it's great, if they do, I'm screwed, but that's the way of the T'au in v8 hahaha.

Shas' berries
Shas

Post#17 » Nov 14 2017 01:18

I would definitely change the warlord from the Coldstar. With its speed you are going to outrun your drone protection and could possibly lose him turn 1 if you are not careful about placement.

Haechi
Shas'Saal

Post#18 » Nov 14 2017 02:19

Shas' berries wrote:I would definitely change the warlord from the Coldstar. With its speed you are going to outrun your drone protection and could possibly lose him turn 1 if you are not careful about placement.

I always play him that way and obviously I'm careful about placement ^^

Return to “Cadre Building”