Duel Iontides

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
DancinHobo
Shas

Duel Iontides

Post#1 » Nov 15 2017 09:36

Gonna run a list tomorrow with two Iontides. The plan is to pop a Kayuon turn 1. Giving my Riptides, and maybe a pathfinder squad, rerolls. Light up a few targets and let the Riptides go to town. Hopefully. I will be playing against nids.

Here is my list.

Battalion
HQ
Farsight
Fireblade x2

Troops
X5 Fire warriors
X5 Fire warriors
X5 Fire warriors

Elite
Firesight marksman

Vanguard
HQ
Coldstar with 2 shield drones

Elites
Iontide with smart Missiles

Iontide with Fusion blasters

Crisis team with 3 Fusion blasters each
6 shield drones

Outrider
HQ
Coldstar with 1 shield drone

Fast
X10 pathfinders
X10 pathfinders
X4 shield drones

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Duel Iontides

Post#2 » Nov 15 2017 09:43

Remember that with Kauyon you can't move, so the Commander who uses it can't arrive from Manta Strike. Which Commander do you plan to use Kauyon with?

DancinHobo
Shas

Post#3 » Nov 15 2017 09:50

I’m thinking Farsight. Then the following turn use genius of Mont’ka to charge up field

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Nov 15 2017 10:12

DancinHobo wrote:I’m thinking Farsight. Then the following turn use genius of Mont’ka to charge up field

Gotcha. Deploying Farsight and the Iontides properly will be very important then. Since they'll basically be a static firebase on turn one, you might want to consider changing the list a bit.

I'd give both Riptides SMS (-2pts), drop the Shield Drones from the Coldstars (-24pts), and switch the XV8s' loadouts to 2xFB+1x Flamer (-36pts). Finally, break down the Pathfinder squads to 3x6 (-16pts) to avoid morale casualties. Also, drop one of the Fireblades (-42pts), you barely have enough Fire Warriors to justify one, let alone two. All of this will save you 120 points. You can use these points to better develop your anti-tank (with a Fusion Commander, for example) or to add more battlesuits.

I'm not going to write the exact points since I'm writing this quickly, but here's an idea:

1x Farsight
1x Commander w/ 4x Fusion Blasters; 2x Shield Drones
1x Coldstar
1x Riptide w/ Ion Accelerator, 2x SMS
3x Stealthsuits w/ 1x Fusion Blaster, 2x Burst cannons, Homing Beacon
3x XV8s w/ 6x Fusion Blasters, 3x Flamers; 6x Drones
5x Gun Drones
5x Gun Drones
5x Gun Drones
6x Pathfinders
6x Pathfinders
6x Pathfinders

Here's 6 Command Points and probably 1950 points or so, a little room for you to expand. What do you think?

DancinHobo
Shas

Post#5 » Nov 16 2017 02:27

Arka0415 wrote:
DancinHobo wrote:I’m thinking Farsight. Then the following turn use genius of Mont’ka to charge up field

Gotcha. Deploying Farsight and the Iontides properly will be very important then. Since they'll basically be a static firebase on turn one, you might want to consider changing the list a bit.

I'd give both Riptides SMS (-2pts), drop the Shield Drones from the Coldstars (-24pts), and switch the XV8s' loadouts to 2xFB+1x Flamer (-36pts). Finally, break down the Pathfinder squads to 3x6 (-16pts) to avoid morale casualties. Also, drop one of the Fireblades (-42pts), you barely have enough Fire Warriors to justify one, let alone two. All of this will save you 120 points. You can use these points to better develop your anti-tank (with a Fusion Commander, for example) or to add more battlesuits.

I'm not going to write the exact points since I'm writing this quickly, but here's an idea:

1x Farsight
1x Commander w/ 4x Fusion Blasters; 2x Shield Drones
1x Coldstar
3x Stealthsuits w/ 1x Fusion Blaster, 2x Burst cannons, Homing Beacon
3x XV8s w/ 6x Fusion Blasters, 3x Flamers; 6x Drones
5x Gun Drones
5x Gun Drones
5x Gun Drones
6x Pathfinders
6x Pathfinders
6x Pathfinders

Here's 6 Command Points and probably 1950 points or so, a little room for you to expand. What do you think?

Looks good. I was thinking about dropping a fireblade, as you are right. They, and the marksman are there for the first few lights. And I was wanting a stealth team to help deliver the crisis team. I might drop the 3rd Fusion blasters and the fireblade for that stealth team.

Haechi
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Nov 16 2017 06:57

I'd run a full unit of shield drones to replace one of the gun ones, just in case he doesn't get turn 1. Then have them in between both Riptides.

DancinHobo
Shas

Post#7 » Nov 16 2017 08:23

I plan on running more shield then gun drone. My first turn relies heavily on my Riptides being at max health. Or close to.

DancinHobo
Shas

Post#8 » Nov 16 2017 09:37

It was a bad game... turn 1 had plenty of hits, but no wounds. And by turn 2, all the nids were on me piling into combats. The Riptide with Fusion blasters did well. Got some kills, broke away from the cluster but I called it shortly after. The other Riptide did alright. His smart missiles were wounding gene stealers, but they had a 5 up followed by a 6 up. So we’re quite hardy.

Return to “Cadre Building”