2k Tournament List

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Tommytau84
Shas'Saal

2k Tournament List

Post#1 » Dec 24 2017 05:31

Hi All,

Newbie here but I recently came 4th in a tournament with the following list (3pts off 1st and missed out on 3rd by kill points) so I thought I'd share it. I personally don't like spam lists but all round lists which have a bit of everything but I tend to like mobile in your face lists. C & C's welcome as this is one list I think I'll be looking to work with for the foreseeable future until the codex drops.

I beat Khorne SM, Tzeentch Demons, Harlequins and Necrons with narrowly losing to ynaari due to a minor last turn mistake when I was cruising to a win!

HQ:
Longstrike (General) 2 x SMS, Railgun, 2 x Seeker Missile 225 Feel no pain warlord trait

Commander 4 x Fusion Blaster 2 x Shield Drone 176

Commander 4 x Fusion Blaster 2 x Shield Drone 176

Troops:
10 x Kroot 60
10 x Fire Warriors (inc. Shas'ui), Pulse Rifles 80
10 x Fire Warriors (inc. Shas'ui), Pulse Rifles 80

Elites:
3 x Stealth Suits (inc. Shas'ui), 2 x Burst Cannons, 1 x Fusion Blaster, Homing Beacon 121

1 x Ghostkeel, 2 x Fusion Blasters, Cyclic Ion Raker, 2 x Stealth Drone, Target Lock, Stimulant Injector 200
Fast Attack:
10 x Pathfinders (inc. Shas'ui), 8 x Markerlight & Carbines, 2 x Rail Rifle, Pulse Accelerator Drone 126

10 x Pathfinders (inc. Shas'ui), 8 x Markerlight & Carbines, 2 x Rail Rifle, Pulse Accelerator Drone 126

3 x Piranhas, 2 x Fusion Blasters, 1 x Burst Cannon, 2 x Gun Drone & 2 Seeker Missile each 265
Heavy Support:
Hammerhead Gunship, Ion Cannon, 2 x Seeker Missile, 2 x Gun Drone 198

Flyer:
Sunshark Bomber, Markerlight, Missile Pod, 2 x Interceptor Drone with 2 x Ion Rifle each, 2 x Seeker Missile 167

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: 2k Tournament List

Post#2 » Dec 24 2017 08:56

Well done on the tournament success! Did you feel that the large infantry squads were viable? Or would you have preferred multiple smaller units? The 10-model infantry squads and lack of an Ethereal makes me feel a little wary, but how did it work out?

Also, Piranha Seeker Missile spam has been intriguing me recently. Was it effective?

Tommytau84
Shas'Saal

Re: 2k Tournament List

Post#3 » Dec 25 2017 05:50

Thanks!

I haven't been playing 8th for long but I find the bigger units makes it easier for me to focus fire on a few units instead of over complicating things. Plus 2 squads instead of 4 meant I had the +1 on my roll for first turn twice which helped!

What can I say about piranhas....love them, always have and even more so now! A relatively cheap way of getting a lot of seekers in your army (I tend to fire all of them in my army off at a big target or two first turn) 28 S5 shots per turn with my loadout with a 16 inch movement makes them very versatile. Plus now with T5 and 6 wounds they hang around for a lot longer and can soak up a lot of damage.

Another thing I've found useful is when they die the drones can still disembark :D

Return to “Cadre Building”