New things

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Sardonic flounder
Shas

New things

Post#1 » Dec 26 2017 11:59

So, new year, new project. I told my brother to pick a battleforce box and that would be my 2018 army. Well apparently he and my cousin thought it would be fun to get more that just A box.

So here i am with
2x rapid insertion cadre boxes
1x y'varra
3x xv9 (one of each weapon config)
1x shas'o r'alai
And an extra 200$ to bolster the ranks

So, without a codex, yet, i am wondering what would be the most advantagous thing(s) to pick up. Seeing as it is in large part speculative.

I am assuming it will be a, start collecting box or two. Looking at take advantage of the boxing week sale at the lgs.

demurr
Shas

Re: New things

Post#2 » Dec 26 2017 05:41

You should definitely get pathfinders. A box or two. They're the main markerlight source and I doubt that they will become obsolete when the codex comes. Also their special weapons are nothing to sneeze at this edition.

Start collecting is always a good choice.
Firewarriors are decent on their own and even better when paired with a cadre fireblade for strikers and darkstrider for breachers with a devilfish to carry them into battle. And they do fill they troop slot in the battalion which is sort of needed for the CP which you should be blowing quite fast through.
Crisis suits aren't great right now but they are not without use. Hopefully the 'dex will change that. And you could always use them as a stand-in for commanders which most people do these days.
Ethereal isn't very useful pre-codex. You could convert 'em unto cadre fireblades.

Cadres by the way are quite nice when paired with strike teams or gun drones. So get one or two if those one way or the other. I, for example, converted two from Firewarriors.

I would also advise to get a ton of drones if possible. Getting them straight from GW is a horrible hassle, there's 4 of them in the box and their price is unexplainably high. Check eBay and maybe find if there's a recast business near you.

Shas'la Cali Nate
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Dec 26 2017 09:02

Pathfinders! You've got plenty of suits. While I love the firewarriors (and the breachers) getting out markerlights makes everything better.
Pathfinders are the tinder that lets the fire caste burn down our enemies Sure you can do it without them, but you don't need to.

Sardonic flounder
Shas

Post#4 » Dec 26 2017 11:45

Thanks, picked up a pair of pathfinder boxes, a devilfish, fireblade and get started box.

demurr
Shas

Post#5 » Dec 27 2017 12:40

Sardonic flounder wrote:Thanks, picked up a pair of pathfinder boxes, a devilfish, fireblade and get started box.

You're set! Congrats and welcome to the Tau'va! Now go assemble those (remember to magnetize eeeeverything) and kick some ass =)

Agent00abe
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#6 » Dec 27 2017 08:38

demurr wrote: Now go assemble those (remember to magnetize eeeeverything) and kick some ass =)

This^^
Does this Railgun make me look fat?

Return to “Cadre Building”