500 point escalation army list against grey Knights and marines

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Shas'O R'Kai
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: 500 point escalation army list against grey Knights and marines

Post#37 » Jan 18 2018 09:46

Cgreeves wrote:
Shas'O R'Kai wrote:What a small world, I'm also from the land most bonnie!! I'm based in Stirling, where abouts are you from? (if you don't mind me asking!)

Not at all, Im from Glasgow, but playing mainly in an east kilbride and a hamilton group.

I always struggle to find the line when toning down aggression. I think sometimes I need to remember that I am just re-learning the army and game myself. The last time I really played was in 4th edition!

I'm also really gutted about the delay in the game. The grey knights player can't do until mid february now so I'm kind of Disappointed at all the work that went in crafting the list and tactica. I suppose at least i can try and get some practice games against GK in before hand.

Aw wow, pretty damn close then! I didn't think there was anyone else from Scotland on here!

Yeah, it's hard to get the balance right. The best way I tend to do it is by playing really narratively in your head. Like, sometimes the best course of action is to do something that narratively doesn't make sense, instead, go with the cinematic action. It's hard to do and it totally depends from person to person, but that's how I do it. It leads to sub par play from me but it can make it more fun! As an example, you could have your commander avenge a unit that got killed by focusing all his guns on whatever killed it, no matter whether or not it's efficient. That's a total bummer you have to wait another month! If you have any questions about playing GK feel free to PM me :) I'm happy to go through anything I know and offer what advice I can! Hell, we could even meet up for a game! haha

R'Kai
Playing with a short reach since 2007 :crafty:

Cgreeves
Shas

Post#38 » Jan 18 2018 12:46

Shas'O R'Kai wrote:
Aw wow, pretty damn close then! I didn't think there was anyone else from Scotland on here!

R'Kai

I’ve been lurking on the forum for a bit.

Definitely up for meeting for a game. Are you ever down at the Glasgow store?

Cgreeves
Shas

Post#39 » Feb 09 2018 06:27

Hi Guys. I'm just about to post battle reports on the games.

I won them both :) that's for all you help and Hopefully you will enjoy reading the battle reports

Return to “Cadre Building”