1000 point list for 2v2

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Krospgnasker
Shas

1000 point list for 2v2

Post#1 » Feb 01 2018 03:18

I'll be playing a 2v2 match next week with some nurgle daemon allies. We're up against Aeldari and Necrons, and each player will be bringing 1000 points.

We're using the Adepticon Team Tournament rules (those that are relevant) and detachments, so my options are a little bit more limited than usual.

The rules and detachments can be found here: http://www.adepticon.org/wpfiles/2018/201840KTT.pdf

My ally will be almost entirely melee, so it's up to me to bring the firepower. Here's my WIP list. It consists of a single Base Detachment worth 3 CP:

++ Unbound Army (Faction) (T'au Empire) [52 PL, 998pts] ++

+ HQ +

Commander [7 PL, 176pts]: 4x Fusion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone

Commander in XV86 Coldstar Battlesuit [8 PL, 166pts]: Advanced targeting system, High-output burst cannon, Missile pod, 2x MV4 Shield Drone, Shield generator

+ Elites +

XV9 Hazard Support Team [9 PL, 133pts]: 4x MV1 Gun Drone
. XV9 Hazard Battlesuit: Advanced targeting system, 2x Double-barelled burst cannon

+ Fast Attack +

XV109 Y'vahra Battlesuit [22 PL, 437pts]: Advanced targeting system, 2x MV52 Shield Drone, Target lock

+ Troops +

Strike Team [3 PL, 43pts]
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Markerlight, Pulse rifle
. 4x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

Strike Team [3 PL, 43pts]
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Markerlight, Pulse rifle
. 4x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

++ Total: [52 PL, 998pts] ++

A few points of interest:
- I am very keen to try out the Y'vahra, but I fear that I won't have enough drones to protect it.
- There's an obvious lack of markerlight support, but I'm not sure where to fit them in. Should I switch out some shield drones with markerlight drones? If so, is a Drone Controller worth the investment?
- The Aeldari player will almost certainly be bringing a Hemlock Wraithfighter, which is - pardon my french - a real son of a *BAD WORD DELETED* to deal with. Is a velocity tracker worth considering?

Current strategy:
The Y'vahra and Coldstar deploy together, ready to Mont'ka forward and hopefully get into range quickly. The QFC and XV9 will Manta Strike next to the Y'vahra after it has advanced, reinforcing it with drones.

Any ideas?

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Re: 1000 point list for 2v2

Post#2 » Feb 01 2018 05:15

Y'varha's flamer auto hits the hemlock so just get close and let it have it. I don't think you'll need to worry about it too much but if you're sure you need to bring it down, I'd just novacharge and go to town. At least you'll bring the jet down a notch or two.

Krospgnasker
Shas

Post#3 » Feb 02 2018 09:43

Yojimbob wrote:Y'varha's flamer auto hits the hemlock so just get close and let it have it. I don't think you'll need to worry about it too much but if you're sure you need to bring it down, I'd just novacharge and go to town. At least you'll bring the jet down a notch or two.

Yeah, I'm really betting on the Y'vahra taking care of it. If they get first turn though, I might be in trouble.

Shas'O R'Kai
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Feb 02 2018 09:58

This seems like a pretty solid list! You could forego the firewarrior (and extra CP's as a result) and go for all gun drones instead? That would almost guarantee the Y'Vahra living. The QFC and Y'Vahra will probably be able to handle the jet no bother. The only trade off is the CP's vs more drones. It's up to yourself! I'm actually thinking of running a similar list myself for a 2v2 tournament I have coming up. I'll definitely be using my Y'Vahra and some commaanders so but I'm undecided on what else to take.

Let me know how it goes when you play!

R'kai
Playing with a short reach since 2007 :crafty:

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Feb 02 2018 03:35

Krospgnasker wrote:
Yojimbob wrote:Y'varha's flamer auto hits the hemlock so just get close and let it have it. I don't think you'll need to worry about it too much but if you're sure you need to bring it down, I'd just novacharge and go to town. At least you'll bring the jet down a notch or two.

Yeah, I'm really betting on the Y'vahra taking care of it. If they get first turn though, I might be in trouble.

Also, the QFC still hit's on 3's which is really solid. You shouldn't need to worry about the fighter with both of them gunning for it.

Krospgnasker
Shas

Post#6 » Feb 07 2018 05:48

Shas'O R'Kai wrote:Let me know how it goes when you play!

The battle report is here: http://www.advancedtautactica.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=27270

Return to “Cadre Building”