My club will run a League for this year and I will get my feet wet with some competitive 8th T'au.
I'm aware that the new Codex will come soon, but we start the League probably in two weeks.
We use a tournament ruleset called TTM(TableTopMasters), and use some modifications for smaller games. The important rules for listbuilding are:
- No Lord of War or Titanic units. So no Ta'Unar or Stormsurge.
- Battleforged is mandatory and you can only use one single detachement.
- HQ, Fast Attack, Elite, Flyer, Heavy Support units can't be taken twice or more often.
- Datasheets for Troops and Dedicated Transport units can be taken up to three times.
- Every unit have to share the faction <Keyword>(ex. <Sept>, <Chapter>). Ynnari can exclude their HQ choices from this rule.
- GW beta rules are used.
My frist draft of the List:
My strategy is, to use the two Battlesuits as a distraction and to take enemy key units out.
The Y'Vahra is accompanied by the tactical drones, for the first turns.
The Breacher Teams sit together with Darkstrider in the Devilfish and take Objectives. A Mission is a pairing of some regular DoW Objectives and 6 Tactical Objectives.
Longstrike gives support against enemy key units.
The Fireblade works together with the Pathfinders and the Strike Team.
Any ideas or thoughts or stuff I've overlooked?