Alert! Black Library Submissions are Now Open!

Discuss Tau background and even your own Cadre fiction here.
TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Alert! Black Library Submissions are Now Open!

Post#1 » Jan 31 2018 02:19

Attention Tau'fann! Black Library is accepting story submissions for their new edition of the magazine Inferno! If you ever wanted to write for Black Library, here's your chance. The following is the link to the Black Library submission's page.

Note: Submissions are being accepted from now until April 10th, 2018.

First read the requirements for the submitting. Note: You must be at least 18 years of age.
  • A single paragraph describing what the story is about.
  • 500 word except from the story.
Remember you're not writing a whole story, just a bit of it to give them a taste of the story.

Please give this a shot, we're not going to see more Tau stories, unless we write them ourselves! :D

TauMan
Best of Luck!
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

GI-Redshirt
Shas'Saal

Re: Alert! Black Library Submissions are Now Open!

Post#2 » Feb 09 2018 11:42

I'm definitely gonna be submitting something for Inferno. I actually got a callback a couple years ago when GW was looking for some freelance writers back in 7th edition, but due to real life I couldn't complete the application process (I will forever kick myself knowing that I could have written something for Kauyon/Mont'ka and didn't because RL got in the way). So there's no way in hell I'm missing this one.

I have two working ideas right now. I'll post them up here since 1. I trust that the people who read this will be kind enough not to steal ideas from other writers, and 2. even if someone did try to steal my ideas, I'm fairly confident that I'll write it better anyway. ;)

1. The first idea is fairly generic. It'd be the story of a Shas'Ui on his first combat drop in a Crisis Suit into battle. Debating either Imperial Guard (cause you gotta love Tau vs. Guard battles) or Necrons (to shake things up a bit and play off the new galaxy map for 8th edition) as the opponents. Fairly standard war story, basically just my attempt at a Starship Troopers (novel not movie) totally-not-rip off.

2. The idea I'm a bit more interested in. More of a horror/war story than just generic war tale. It'd be the story of a Breacher Shas'La, embarked on one of the ships sent off on the 4th Sphere of Expansion. The ship is, of course, sucked into the Warp via the Cicatrix Maledictum and while trapped there invaded by daemons. The Shas'La, along with his fellow Fire Warriors, must face the gibbering, endless horrors of the Warp in the cramped confines of a ship as they attempt to repel their unknown boarders.

I'd be curious to know what, if any, thoughts people have on these ideas, and what other people plan on writing about for Inferno.

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Alert! Black Library Submissions are Now Open!

Post#3 » Feb 10 2018 12:36

Dear Tau'fann - keep those story ideas coming!

Here's a list of what I've sent in so far.

The Rough Rider - Imp. Guard story about a serf who joins the 7th Cavalry from the Nueva Wyoming system
Ghost Wing - Duel between an Imperial Navy fighter pilot and a mysterious Tau fighter pilot
Solaria Imperatrix - Story abouta dodgy Tau junk dealer from N'dras and a Rogue Trader Captain
The Darkness - Some strange force is killing Hive Gangers in Necromunda.
A Toaster at Knight Fall - A comedic story about the Knights of Blood attack on the F.E. world of Lub’grahl

There's no limit so keep sending your story ideas to BL! If you want to see more Tau stories, then you should be the one writing them!

TauMan
Good Luck!
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Return to “Library”