Comments on the Official Tau Timeline

Discuss Tau background and even your own Cadre fiction here.
Lyi'ot
Por'O

Comments on the Official Tau Timeline

Post#1 » Aug 06 2009 12:30

The moderators have put their heads together and created a comprehensive timeline of historical Tau activity. Discuss here - and if you have any dates or events we missed, let us know! (Please include citation.)

Calmsword
Shas'Ui

Re: Comments on the Official Tau Timeline

Post#2 » Aug 06 2009 12:41

hey- great work on the timeline and thanks for putting everyone's opinion being stated.

I'll look at some extra books that might have some info in them for you-

You've got the Kol'n Incident which has Shadowsun on a border colony mustering days before the launch of the 3rd Sphere- she gets attacked by Dark Eldar raiders.

303999.M41-Augara: massive defeat of Tau world where shipyards and fleets are destroyed by almost 1000 marines present. This is where the 3rd Sphere is halted. This is the end of the Zeist Campaign.

I know there's more but my brain is shutting down...

ah! The Tau'N campaign- later
~Good Hunting

Lyi'ot
Por'O

Post#3 » Aug 06 2009 12:45

The Zeist Campaign and Augara are already included.
++TFTD: He who promises peace, promises damnation.++

Calmsword
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Aug 06 2009 01:25

oop- my bad- don't sleep either do you elliot?

What are you thoughts on including DOW?
~Good Hunting

Lyi'ot
Por'O

Post#5 » Aug 06 2009 01:33

I wouldn't be adverse to including "Dark Crusade", but "Soulstorm" is a no.

Calmsword
Shas'Ui

Post#6 » Aug 06 2009 02:01

only out of curiosity- why one and not the other?
~Good Hunting

buffirn
Shas

Post#7 » Aug 06 2009 10:30

There were two campaigns that GW put out that are undated, but might be of interest for this timeline. There were: The Struggle fo Vor'anoth and The Colonisation of Fi'rios. Of course, GW has hidden them where I can no longer find them. The two star systems do show up on the 40K Starmap at http://www.joachim-adomeit.de/wh40k/spacemap/map.html

Jim
Just keep shooting! They can't roll that many 6's!

Calmsword
Shas'Ui

Post#8 » Aug 06 2009 10:34

I forgot about those- Vor'anoth has got Tash'varian cadres helping out I think and I know that Fi'Rios was lead by Shas'O R'myr.
~Good Hunting

Lyi'ot
Por'O

Post#9 » Aug 06 2009 12:54

Calmsword wrote:only out of curiosity- why one and not the other?

Dark Crusade was a high quality piece of work done by Relic. Soulstorm was a piece-of-dung thrown out by Iron Lore, which promptly went out of business.

buffirn wrote:There were two campaigns that GW put out that are undated, but might be of interest for this timeline. There were: The Struggle fo Vor'anoth and The Colonisation of Fi'rios.

Because it is no longer available on GW's website, ATT has provided the original fluff for The Struggle of Vor'anoth within our Official Tau Background thread. Except that it is in the Second Phase expansion, we have no specific dates for Vor'anoth. I will include the piece in our timeline soon.

As for Fi'rios - the codex states it was a Third Sphere annexation, wrested from the Orks. The online campaign adds nothing to that information, as best I can remember. Calmsword, could you email me the PDF concerning O'R'myr, at TAUSTORIES at GMAIL.COM? I'd appreciate that.

Doombringer
Drill Shas

Post#10 » Aug 06 2009 01:27

Here you go, Elliott.

O'R'myr's rules and new background are posted on the Forge World website.

---

I concur on the part of Dark Crusade vs. Soulstorm too.

Soulstorm simply had far too many inconsistencies to be a solid, reputable source of anything.

The Ar'ka Cannon alone was enough to bury the game for me. I mean come on, an interplanetary Ion Cannon? Puh-leaze.

The idea that the Tau could terraform (something canonically impossible for the Tau to accomplish, and a process thought nigh-impossible by any other major players than Eldar or Dark Age of Technology Mankind, excluding Chaos daemon worlds and Tyrannoformation) a portion of moonscape in a matter of months was the nail in the coffin...

Soulstorm Fluff = Crap

Return to “Library”