Comments on the Official Tau Timeline

Discuss Tau background and even your own Cadre fiction here.
Lyi'ot
Por'O

Re: Comments on the Official Tau Timeline

Post#31 » Dec 08 2013 12:48

hahaha, oh man! Thank you ARC, for providing this! This is good, this is good! Doom and I, and pretty much everyone, have never known when exactly the Tyranids invaded Pech -- the old Codex Approved kroot fluff mentions that Anghkor Prok was there, meaning we could only date it generally.

And these other dates -- fantastic, fantastic. After how terrible the Burst Cannon piece was, I had been reticent to purchase the this file. But now that I know it's got both Empire and Enclave fluff... ! Thank you again.

EDIT: Timeline updated! I really, really appreciate this, ARC. The pre-formatting was a massive boon, too.

ARC'Thunder
Shas'Vre

Post#32 » Dec 08 2013 12:57

Lyi'ot wrote:hahaha, oh man! Thank you ARC, for providing this! This is good, this is good! Doom and I, and pretty much everyone, have never known when exactly the Tyranids invaded Pech -- the old Codex Approved kroot fluff mentions that Anghkor Prok was there, meaning we could only date it generally.

And these other dates -- fantastic, fantastic. After how terrible the Burst Cannon piece was, I had been reticent to purchase the this file. But now that I know it's got both Empire and Enclave fluff... ! Thank you again.

I'm glad I could help, and I don't blame you for being reluctant to buy these small GW Digital products—I still am ;) . There is a bit more to the lore as well, but nothing as major as the paragraph or so writeup for each timeline event.

Here's hoping that dating the Tyranid invasion so close to the present means that we see a return of Anghkor Prok (sadly the full write up doesn't mention him). If he is around in the present, I'd have to wonder what the lifespan for Kroot are.

Doombringer
Drill Shas

Post#33 » Dec 08 2013 01:23

I don't think Anghkor Prok was involved in the Tyranid invasion.

The last time it was mentioned was the Inquisitor rules for Khibala Yusra, a Kroot mercenary who participated in the battle as a former leader of his kindred, now roving the stars hunting the monsters as part of an Inquisitor's retinue.

999.M41 seems a bit soon, though, and presents an odd disparity with Gorgon's appearance on the timeline.

Lyi'ot
Por'O

Post#34 » Dec 08 2013 01:30

I have made a fluff error and must now commit ritual suicide! oooohhhh nnnoooeeeesssssssss

"Oh no you don't!"

(Wrestles Lyi'ot to the ground, and removes fountain pen with which Lyi'ot is trying to stab himself.)

"Who gave him the pen? You know he's too melodramatic to use sharp writing utensils! Can someone go and get him his crayons?"

Bitterman
Shas

Post#35 » Dec 08 2013 06:07

ARC'Thunder wrote:I would like to mention that I grow tired of GW writing that the S8 HRR is capable of shooting completely through tanks or can "punch through one side of an Ork Stompa and out of the other." At this point it's almost like they're trying to twist the knife and laugh :( .

Agreed. It's almost insulting.

ARC'Thunder
Shas'Vre

Post#36 » Jul 22 2014 06:23

Here is some fluff from the Ork Codex. This takes place sometime during the War of the Dakka, but exactly when is never specified. Also, I lack page numbers in my digital copy, so I can't really provide them.

Ork Codex: Blood Axes - Da Big Raid wrote:The Blood Axes of Waaagh! Grog tell a story about the greatest Kommando attack ever, known as Da Big Raid. It happened on the world of Vor’sanar, when Waaagh! Grog smashed into the edges of the Tau Empire. Freebooter raids on the Tau planet had been previously repulsed by a huge alien warship with more dakka than anything in the Ork fleet. Called the Korst’la by the Tau and Da Big Dakkaship by the Orks, it stalked the space lanes around Vor’sanar, annihilating anything that trespassed on the Tau Empire. The Korst’la’s only weakness was that it needed to use the huge orbital docks around Vor’sanar to refuel and rearm. While Grog knocked the heads of his Freebooter Kaptins together, trying to get a large enough fleet together to storm the Tau planet, a mob of Blood Axe Kommandos came up with a more cunning plan. They would attack the orbital docks while the Korst’la was away, wrecking the Tau station, and denying the warship a place to repair itself or rearm. The Kommandos set out in a looted Tau transport ship, using captured codes to approach the Vor’sanar dockyard under the pretence of having been damaged in an Ork raid and seeking safe harbour. The Tau were initially suspicious of the lone vessel limping into their station, but every demand for identification was met with a satisfactory response, and the idea that Orks could undertake such a ruse was unthinkable to the Tau. It was a horrific surprise then when the vacuum seals opened and Ork Kommandos poured out into the station. By the time the Tau had mustered to repel the invaders, the Kommandos had reached the station’s reactors. Smashing them to scrap, they set off a chain reaction, dooming the station and allowing Waaagh! Grog to ransack Vor’sanar and ultimately the entire sector.
Yes, GW wrote it into that giant block of text (at least in the digital version).

Lyi'ot
Por'O

Post#37 » Jul 22 2014 07:03

Alright, I'm confident that the timeline has 99% of all dated, existent tau fluff. I need to update the final entry on Cytheria to reflect Braden Campbell's short story, and I need to incorporate some fluff from Codex: Militarum Tempestus. (By the Aun, how many codices are out there, now?!)

As always, throw more stuff at me to add. This is only the best tau fluff compilation on the internet because we make it that way.

Lyi'ot
Por'O

Post#38 » Aug 03 2014 01:27

The timeline has been updated with entries from both Codex: Militarum Tempestus and the Strike Force Ultra dataslate.

Lyi'ot
Por'O

Post#39 » Aug 05 2014 06:03

I had updated the timeline with the "War Zone Damocles" entry in Codex: Astra Militarum. However, I have a digital copy of the codex; the hard page number of the timeline entry would be appreciated.

ARC'Thunder
Shas'Vre

Post#40 » Aug 05 2014 08:14

Lyi'ot wrote:I had updated the timeline with the "War Zone Damocles" entry in Codex: Astra Militarum. However, I have a digital copy of the codex; the hard page number of the timeline entry would be appreciated.
I checked a friend's hardcopy and it's on pg 24 (the "Dark Millennium" timeline itself starts on pg 22).

Return to “Library”