[Resource] Cosmographer 3 Art Tool

Discuss Tau background and even your own Cadre fiction here.
Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

[Resource] Cosmographer 3 Art Tool

Post#1 » Sep 24 2010 09:04

Hi All,

This one is for our diligent Shas who like writing up reports on their troop history, background or current engagements and campaigns.

Image Image

Cosmographer.

Ever struggled to make maps for your sci-fi game, patching together scans from here, art from there? And what happened when you wanted to change something? Did your warp core melt down?

With Cosmographer 3, you can add computer-aided cartography to your sci-fi game and create ships, solar systems, worlds and whole galaxies like never before. You get easy to use drawing tools, textures and a palette of several thousand symbols in multiple styles to construct SF cartography, for any game system. Hide and show whatever features you want, with optional hex or grid overlays, then print at any scale.

The latest version of Cosmographer adds gorgeous bitmap artwork to an huge variety of symbols. Use sheet effect to make your stars shine bright and the engines glow hot. Add visualized z-coordinates to your starmaps to extend your universe into the third dimension.
With Cosmographer 3, you control the cosmos.

You can read about the software on their website here.

Militant.Jester
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: [Resource] Cosmographer 3 Art Tool

Post#2 » Sep 24 2010 10:19

Well... these are getting bookmarked! :D I particularly like these two examples:

Thanks for this resource, Tael!
Ni neart go cur le cheile::Cadre Log Activating...

TheAmbit
Fio'El
Fio'El

Post#3 » Sep 24 2010 11:59

What do those galactic maps reference? Year wise anyway I'm curious as they don't seem to look anything like this:

Imperium Map

Lord Mayhem
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Sep 25 2010 07:34

The first map is from the Fading suns universe, and the second is from Traveller (which predates 40K by about a decade)

LTgland
Shas

Post#5 » Sep 28 2010 06:56

Don't trust the Zhodani and their mind powers. Beware the teleporting commandos.
I trust my FGMP-14 to take care of them.
I want Tau to have PGMPs and FGMPs! The damn Imperials have them.

That aside, it looks very nice but £33 for the software and box (£28 download only) is a tad steep.
At £20 I would consider it (and probably buy it), at £15 I would buy it.

EDIT

Scratch that thought.

You can order Cosmographer 3 right now. Don't forget that you need Campaign Cartographer 3, if you don't already own it.

You need Campaign Cartographer first, and that is £30.

Very nice indeed, but way too expensive.

Return to “Library”