[Outdated] A Comprehensive Guide to Septs of The Tau Empire

Discuss Tau background and even your own Cadre fiction here.
Rapier40
Shas

Re: A Comprehensive Guide to The Septs of The Tau Empire

Post#19 » Feb 23 2014 08:39

Excellent work, D'yanoi for the win :P.
D'yanoi Sept Shas'o

Calmsword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#20 » Apr 09 2014 07:59

The Tau Sept symbol has changed and no longer has the central line going down it FYI- great article.
~Good Hunting

Ell'ran
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#21 » Apr 10 2014 10:40

@Calmsword
Since when?

Calmsword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#22 » Apr 11 2014 02:10

Looking at my codex (new) it's just got the upper sphere but no bar going down. That seems to be the Fire Caste exclusively now.

Do I have a misprint? lol
~Good Hunting

ARC'Thunder
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#23 » Apr 11 2014 02:36

Calmsword wrote:Looking at my codex (new) it's just got the upper sphere but no bar going down. That seems to be the Fire Caste exclusively now.

Do I have a misprint? lol
You don't have a misprint.

I assume this move is to differentiate the Shas symbol from that of T'au (and likely the race as a whole). Now each caste is defined by their shape with the center line, and T'au is an all encompassing circle with no divisions. Considering we mostly interface with shas while playing the tabletop game, not much has changed.

I find this is one of those small unnoticed changes along with every sept getting a color (the colored ring around each sept symbol in the book), some of which now conflict with this somewhat dated article.

Persifal
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#24 » Apr 12 2014 08:31

I have a protest against the sept color of Fal'shia.
Actual Tau codex page 89, image of 'Fire Warrior Shas'ui from Fal'shia sept' and sept color is bone.
Your resources are old or not accessible now. So I think, good reason to update it :D. Or I must repaint all my finished models or switch a sept. :eek:

ShasLa40
Shas

Post#25 » Sep 06 2014 01:25

I made a list of all the sept colours, if you ever want to update the colours in this, or want more specific colours I have added hex codes to it. viewtopic.php?f=35&t=22825
Gue'la in disguise

TrueSize
Shas

Post#26 » May 12 2015 10:30

This guide needs to be updated. I have seen several Tau'n septs online which might have been influenced by this guide. Ever since the 3rd edition of 40k, Tau'n originally had grey sept colours. I have returned to this game over a decade later, flicked through the new 6th Edition codex.. and lo and behold, Tau'n is still grey instead of yellow. PG 87. The XV25 stealth suit description.

Somebody needs to urgently fix this guide before more Tau are led astray. It is a comprehensive and thoughtful guide in its time but I am baffled at how yellow was somehow thrown into the Tau'n mix. This is not an accusation against the Author as I understand there might have been changes i was unaware of while I was away, but an Admin should step in and edit the original post.

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Re: [Outdated] A Comprehensive Guide to Septs of The Tau Empire

Post#27 » May 12 2015 12:52

As previously noted, this thread is now outdated.

If any member wishes to bring it up to date then please contact one of the moderating team.

Return to “Library”